[DEPRECATED] EchoSistant Evolved ~ Amazon Echo's Only Assistant with Robust Scheduling and Flexible Reporting

Turn on the continued commands and try again. Make sure you say yes, loud and clear

1 Like

Ok is just occurred to me that I might have her response muted in some way. Iā€™m not sure where continued commands are. I did turn off Disable Conversation under Alexa Voice setting and ES it now responding as it should. Thanks!

1 Like

Right, the conversationā€¦

Additional Documentation Note: Something that I think might make things a lot easier on the end user is the list of files page and how the files and everything are grouped together. I am going to guess that when people (including myself) first look at the reference table for those files, it creates confusion with some of the verbiage used and the grouping of things (I know I got confused with the whole Main Intent versus the second set of intents for additional profiles). You donā€™t have to use this, but I am thinking that if it was reformatted to something similar like I have below, it will fall more in line when the installation instructions are being followed and the end user begins looking at the referenced files section. Just a potential suggestion. Hereā€™s the sample I mocked up for you. This is just an example folks so donā€™t use my screenshots as instructions:

Just some ideas that might help contain a lot of the confusion / frustration when someone first goes through the instructions and tries to decipher the meanings of all these files. Hoping this might help you guys a little.

5 Likes

This is a use case I have for my kids. I have a first grader that gets very distracted in the mornings, but he loves talking to Alexa and interacting with her. I have a 13 year old boy, that well, is a 13 year old boy. Their buses come within minutes of each other ago they go to the bus stop together, at 0640. As you can imagine, my coffee has not kicked in by then. So, I created these two profiles to help nudge them along.

The first one starts announcing at 0620 and repeats twice at 0625 & 0630

The second one announces at 0635 to tell them they are out of time and to go to the bus stop.

Very easy to set up and works like a charm.

Pretty cool stuff. So hereā€™s my next question. What new functionality are you guys going to implement / integrate into this app now that the Echo Look has just been released? New Smart App? More power to existing app? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0186JAEWK/?ref=sxts_snpm_0_0_2969591442&qid=1493238150&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=2969591442&pf_rd_r=Q5K3716G3TRM7TDTCSWM&pd_rd_wg=kb6oz&pf_rd_s=mobile-signpost&pf_rd_t=9701&pd_rd_w=zuYaZ&pf_rd_i=echo+look&pd_rd_r=W70WSY84P7NP09Y56GY0

So now when echo look sees that your kids ignore the first notification and she sees that they are still in the kitchen and not left for the bus, I can I hear ā€œHey kids, I thought I told you to get out of the house and catch your bus - Go now!ā€

1 Like

I saw that echo lookā€¦ Funny stuff thereā€¦ But, if someone gets it in Iā€™m sure we can figure it outā€¦

As for upcoming featuresā€¦ We are keeping that close for nowā€¦

After reading, I see that itā€™s intended to be a fashion / style camera, not a security cam. Geez! Well, maybe you will still be able to utilize the camera functionality to capture motion and automate image captures or something useful besides telling me I look like crap in these clothes, lol.

1 Like

I requested invitation so I will purchase one for the gf when it becomes available so you guys can play. Lol now that I typed that, it just sounds wrong!

1 Like

Yeah maybe, but at that price there are cheaper options

Haha, I know what they are! Just kidding!!

2 Likes

Iā€™m thinking that if Jason had his way, all the new features would be released tomorrow. They make a good team, keeping each other in check.

1 Like

You know which Jason I meant right Jason?

1 Like

Lolā€¦ Actually we are both impatient and hate to waitā€¦ But the app has matured and is very stable (when Amazon behaves) so weā€™re decided to take it slowerā€¦ Work out the remaining bugs and really polish the app.

All kidding aside and with mention of the camera, have you guys looked at implementing functionality with cameras? I can see something like this. If you have a camera with facial recognition and you come home, based on Alexa recognizing you, she says welcome home xxxx do you want me to turn on the lights and TV? And you can respond, no,make me some dinner Alexa and she fires up the oven. Or if the camera recognizes anyoneā€™s face and they have an echosistant profile / echo profile, then that takes over and talks to that person based on who they are? Iā€™m rambling but I see way more power being able to be leveraged for you guys in the future. I made the reference earlier about the notifications and going to the bus and if Alexa / camera weā€™re integrated to know that they were still in the house, you wouldnā€™t need a reminder notification, you could have Alexa yell at them to get moving. On a non camera note, is it possible for echosistant (maybe not today) to hear me say "Alexa tell home Iā€™m leaving for the nightā€™ and have parameters that contain what routine to run to arm the system, and a delay time parameter of letā€™s say 3 minutes before she executes that routine? Is that functionality already there and if not the ability to put something like that in? Just thinking out loud now that I am going to have to spend $200 on an expensive Barbie camera for the gf lol.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a great approach guys. And I saw that there were no posts on the thread for over 30 hours yesterday. That has to be a record of some sort and so much more coding time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now that right tharā€™s funny! Lolā€¦

I have not looked at cameras integration, but Iā€™m sure that Bobby had some wild ideas. He has cameras, I donā€™t.

What youā€™re talking about would be amazing, and honestly the tech just really insert there yet, at least not at this price point. But one day it will be and what we are doing today will be the foundation of it.

I have a profile called ā€œHouseā€. It indicates my goodnight routine. It seems she, changes the mode, fires a routine and does some other stuff.

I simply day, Alexa, tell the house good night. But, the way it is madeā€¦ You can say anything, as long a you say, tell the house. So, Alexa tell the house I like to party party, does the exact same thing as Alexa, tell the house I am going to bed.

I did it like this so that anyone can put the house to sleep and not have to remember some long phraseā€¦ Just, Alexa tell the houseā€¦

And yes, that is built into the so already. Itā€™s in the control and messaging profile. You just set up everything under the ā€œperforms these actions when this profile executesā€.

Also, you can run things with a delayā€¦ Like, Alexa arm security in five minutes.

We havenā€™t done it for profiles yet, it fell through the cracks, but itā€™s on the radar again. @SBDOBRESCU do you know when this will be ready? Or is it getting regres released with version five?

Me donā€™t know what yaā€™ll talking about :smile:

odds areā€¦ he already fixed it, pushed it out, and forgot about itā€¦ lol

1 Like