[DEPRECATED] EchoSistant Evolved ~ Amazon Echo's Only Assistant with Robust Scheduling and Flexible Reporting

Output of the right window in response to “this is a test”:

{
  "response": {
    "outputSpeech": {
      "type": "PlainText",
      "text": "Congratulations! Your EchoSistant is now setup properly"
    },
    "card": {
      "content": "Congratulations! Your EchoSistant is now setup properly",
      "title": "EchoSistant Control",
      "type": "Simple"
    },
    "shouldEndSession": false
  },
  "sessionAttributes": {}
}

I just sent you a pm

Wondering if i have the most recent echosistant update? i been trying to complete a room control no luck

Please go through your devices in your st ide, click on each one and look at the LABEL field. If any are blank, give them a name.

done they do have labels

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

There are several updates occurring here for EchoSistant Version 4.1.
This update brings the release current to Version:4.0 R.0.3.3c.

For a successful update, please complete the following:

• Update EchoSistant Main App
  • Update Profiles app
  • Update Notifications App
  • Update Main Intent Custom Slots
  • Update Main intent Utterance

Notes about this update:

Most of the updates are behind the scenes types of things that are done to increase reliability and stability. These are done to improve the app and to improve the user experience.

What you will see is this:

• EchoSistant App -
    This update consist of several bug fixes along with some stability and troubleshooting tools. Most of what has occurred here is behind the scenes and is to help make your experience better. You will see that the ‘Security Suite’ is now in the Profiles section of the app, along with some other minor UI changes. Also, we added the “On” and “Off” commands to your thermostats. You control this feature using these commands: (I have 2 thermostats, one named Upstairs and on named Downstairs)

• Tell home, turn on the AC/Heat/Cooling (thermostat device name)

• Tell home, turn off the AC/Heat/Cooling (thermostat device name)

• Messaging and Control Profile -
    This update consist of several bug fixes as well as added commands for the Virtual Person.

• Notifications App -
    Triggered reports now have a “Sun State” trigger. These triggers are called “Events” triggers. Sunset with offset, Sunrise with offset, and specific times. These are triggers, they are not a time frame. You would use this to trigger and action at one time, and then to trigger the same action again at a later time.

• Custom report - Using variables create your message, choose the output type, and the trigger.

• Custom report with weather - This is the same as custom but includes variables for weather.

EchoSistant has become a stable and reliable app. Due to personal constraints for both @SBDOBRESCU and @bamarayne updates to the app are going to slow down dramatically. We will always be readily available and will be working to ensure that any problems and bugs are fixed as soon as possible.

Version 5 is in the works, but we do not have a release date at this time. Stay tuned for release teasers for Version 5. We believe the new features are going to blow your minds!

Thank you for all of your support and encouragement!

You can find detailed information about EchoSistant at the Wiki page located here:
http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=EchoSistant

You can find all of the updated software here:
http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=EchoSistant#Latest_Software_Versions

Please take the time to report any and all bugs, issues, problems, or whatevers. If you really like the app and find it useful, let us know!

@SBDOBRESCU Please add anything I may have missed in this update. Thanks! :joy:

2 Likes

Finally got to the bottom of the issue and thought I would report back in case anyone else has the same problem. Language setting on the Skill and the Echo were different - English (US) and English (UK), respectively. Changed the skill to English (UK) and it is now working.

Thanks again for your efforts guys. I will be spending the evening creating Profiles!

2 Likes

Great news! Thanks for sharing. I am glad you worked it out. Let us know if you have any questions…

That’s great news! Thanks for letting us know what the problem was. I’ll get that added to the troubleshooting.

Enjoy the app!

@TymmyD

Take a look and see if yours could be doing this as well.

Jack is my hue light bulb, not sure why i cant get echosistant to turn my lights off

Well, that’s because cut off is not a supported command.

Turn off, darken, make darker, it’s to bright…

Those are supported commands. :bulb:

1 Like

OOOoo Thanks no wonder i been having a hard time

Funny thing…

I just tried cut off … And it worked… But cut on would not…

Funny thing about EchoSistant… The engine is so flexible it seems that things work that aren’t even intended…lol

Have you seen the video at the top of this thread?

I have watched it before i installed but i will watch again. But thanks that pretty much solved my issues! Couple question i couldn’t understand from the wiki. “Profile, Messaging and Control” is this section only needed if you have connect speakers ??

I just posted a new link at the top for a video.

No, you do not need speakers for those profiles… Those are the ones you use for room control.

I like cut off/cut on… we should put it in…

I agree! Let’s do it!

[quote=“SBDOBRESCU, post:259, topic:81849”]
I like cut off[/quote]

I don’t. It’s way too Lorena Bobbitt for my tastes.

2 Likes

Ouch!!! lol

but, you know what’s funny… When you set up a profile for a room and you invoke that profile…

Alexa, turn off the lights in the bathroom… if you changed your mind and want them back on…
just say, (before she times out)… turn them on… and the lights will turn back on.