[DEPRECATED] EchoSistant Evolved ~ Amazon Echo's Only Assistant with Robust Scheduling and Flexible Reporting

Please try this. Go into the app, tap on main settings, tap on defaults, tap done, tap done, tap done, and try again.

Thanks. I had two devices with blanks in the label. Corrected both of those, killed the ST app, restarted. Performed your ā€˜main settingsā€™ sequence above, no dice. Still receive the same error.

do you happento have Kodi selected as media controllerā€¦or any other media controllers selected other than Harmony Hubs?

If you do, please select them as media players and try againā€¦

Bingo. That was it w/ Kodi. Thank you!!

2 Likes

@bamarayne [quote=ā€œbamarayne, post:64, topic:81849ā€]
Say this, exactly.

Alexa, what devices have low batteries in my home.
[/quote]

Jason, this exact phrase.still sends Alexa into discovery mode.

Just updated all the code, AWS, custom_slotsā€¦

Any progress from your side?
Rick

No. I can not duplicate this here. I really need to get into your system and figure this out.

Iā€™ll tag alongā€¦ same problem as TymmyD. Service Simulator is working and Iā€™m getting debug output (from ā€œask home to tell me which lights are onā€), but the Echo ignores the invocation (home):

> 346e76ae-80d4-4078-af1f-804bbbb4dae9  14:38:52: debug Feedback data: (fDevice) = 'undefined', (fQuery) = 'which', (fOperand) = 'lights', (fCommand) = 'on', (fIntentName) = 'feedback'
> 346e76ae-80d4-4078-af1f-804bbbb4dae9  14:38:52: debug Begining Process data: (event) = 'feedback', (ver) = '4.0', (date) = '2/17/2017', (release) = '4.0.00'; data sent: pContinue = 'null', pShort = 'null', pPendingAns = 'false', versionSTtxt = '4.0', releaseSTtxt = 'R.0.3.3b' outputTxt = 'null' ; other data: pContCmdsR = 'feedback', pinTry'=null'
> 346e76ae-80d4-4078-af1f-804bbbb4dae9  14:38:52: debug Launch Data: (event) = 'feedback', (Lambda version) = '4.0', (Lambda release) = '4.0.00', (ST Main App release) = 'R.0.3.3b' (ST Child App Release) = null}
> 346e76ae-80d4-4078-af1f-804bbbb4dae9  14:38:52: debug ^^^^____LAUNCH REQUEST___^^^^
> 346e76ae-80d4-4078-af1f-804bbbb4dae9  14:34:38: trace

This is different than previously posted issues. Based on your logs, everything looks good. What is the result you get? What does Alexa say?

Just checking back in with youā€¦ did you do what Bobby said above? did it work for you?

no. but i did uninstall reverb which thought i was in seattle. when i say ā€œalexa tell home this is a testā€ i got the light come on and no response. when i say tell home or ask home its telling me it cannot access that skill right now.

Ok, letā€™s take this to a pm.

My bad, looked like a similar issueā€¦ Here are the response I get:

Me: ā€œAlexa, ask home which lights are onā€
Alexa: ā€œI found several devices matching that name, which one did you want?ā€
ā€¦
Me: ā€œAlexa, tell home this is a testā€
Alexa: ā€œIā€™m not sure how to help you with thatā€

Also noticed this in the logs but I donā€™t think itā€™s relatedā€¦

> 346e76ae-80d4-4078-af1f-804bbbb4dae9  16:46:44: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'hourly_forecast' on null object
> 346e76ae-80d4-4078-af1f-804bbbb4dae9  15:46:44: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'hourly_forecast' on null object

Great work by the way guys, keen to get it working!

1 Like

Hi Indyā€¦
Are you in Europe?

Yes, Iā€™m in the UK.

Okā€¦

Please log into your Lambda account and make sure that the URL looks like thisā€¦ should be around line 30

var url= ā€˜https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com/api/smartapps/installations/ā€™ + STappID + ā€˜/ā€™ ;

@indy based on the logs posted, this is not a Lambda issue. Based on Alexa responses, you are accessing the native Alexa. Those responses are not from EchoSistant as result of the logs youā€™ve posted. There is something else that is preventing EchoSistant from working properly. The most common scenario is that you may have an authorized device that is similar to the invocation word. Or that for some reason Alexa doesnā€™t understand the invocation word for your Main Skill. Further investigation and research is needed to understand the root cause of why sometimes Alexa triggers correctly the invocation word and sometimes doesnā€™t.

it is on line 30:

var url= 'https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com:443/api/smartapps/installations/' + STappID + '/' ;

BTW when the app writes the info to the log itā€™s missing the terminating ā€˜;ā€™ on the end of the STappID and STtoken. Iā€™ll try changing the invocation name to something else and report back.

1 Like

Remove the :433

Tried a couple of things - removing the :443 doesnā€™t make any difference. Changed the invocation name to ā€œcontrollerā€ and now get the following responses:

Me: "Alexa, tell controller this is a test"
Alexa: 2 beeps - high/low then blue light goes off
ā€¦
Me: "Alexa, ask controller which lights are on"
Alexa: ā€œI found several devices matching that name, which one do you want?ā€

So, inconclusive so far. Iā€™m going to try to rename my devices so there is no ambiguity. Thanks for your help so far. Iā€™ll get back with results.

No need for renaming things yet.

There is a breakdown of communication between something.

In the AWS test tab, type in ā€œthis a testā€

Post the result of the right window