[RELEASE] Echo Speaks

echo
smartapp_voice
project_alerts
project_voice

(Tom fontaine) #1307

Just got mine figured out. Turns out we have a mix of devices across two accounts - mine and my wife’s. When I ran the setup, I used my credentials for logging into Amazon Alexa. All the devices appear, AND … each one responds to the TEST page. Then you try to do something with it and nothing. Tried a bunch of stuff then I thought hmmnnn - I will try my WIFE’s amazon alexa login. BINGO. Now my test script from Webcore works perfectly. Going to try moving some devices from my account to her’s and back and experiment.

(Tom fontaine) #1308

I think Anthony just picked 20 percent for that test page. Setup a test Webcore and set the volume in that to 100 percent. I did that and works perfectly.

(Tom fontaine) #1309

Anthony (and others) got my problem figured out today. Turns out we have a mix of devices across two accounts - mine and my wife’s. When I ran the setup, I used my credentials for logging into Amazon Alexa. All the devices appear, AND … each one responds to the TEST page. Then you try to do something with it and nothing. Tried a bunch of stuff then I thought hmmnnn - I will try my WIFE’s amazon alexa login. BINGO. Now my test script from Webcore works perfectly. Going to try moving some devices from my account to her’s and back and experiment.

(Glen King) #1310

It now sees my ecobees, and everything else. This is awesome. Only thing missing is a decent library of sound effects, and that’s not the fault of the author. It does announcements across the whole house, much more quickly than my old announcement tasks on the android control tablets. With the ‘answer’ tool introduced on Webcore a few days ago it’s very interactive.

The smart home is finally getting smarter.

Please Samsung, don’t pull the plug on ST classic at this time. Or in the near future. It’s just starting to get really good.

(Anthony S.) #1311

That’s actually a really good idea…
If someone wants to put together a spreadsheet I can add the confirmed items to a list in the device for easy use by others

(Patrick Gormley) #1312

I seem to have the same issue after updating to 2.0.5.

error amazonCommandResp error: Failed with status code 400

Edit: I must have not waited long enough for things to settle… Its working as expected now.

(Kurt Werner) #1313

Anything in the works for playing sound affects? Like https://s3.amazonaws.com/sonos-media/bell1.mp3

How did you set up your piston with Answer and Echo Speaks?

(Gene Clark) #1315

Was just thinking of that tonight - it’d be great if you could point to URL’s of our own mp3 files somehow. No clue if that’s even possible but wouldn’t expect Tony to host our files. He’s already doing so much for us and appreciate all his hard work.

I’m trying to use ‘searchSpotify’ to play on a multi speaker, but no success. However, trying on a single device works perfectly. Is there a different command that needs to be used for multi room speakers? I’m using webCoRE to start the command.

(Anthony S.) #1317

I’m still learning what’s allowed… I also don’t have spotify so i never could test

(Barry) #1318

Anthony -

Is it possible yet for us to utilize the multi-device ‘broadcast’ mechanism to send arbitrary TTS messages to multiple Echo devices? Looking at your code, it’s not clear how to lift the Echo Speaks logic into another SmartApp, since it needs access to the key/token. And the Echo Speaks Device implementation doesn’t allow for inputting the specific devices or message text.

Hopefully I’m just missing something obvious…I’d really like to take advantage of better-synchronized multi-echo announcements.

TIA!

Glad you got it working.

I’ve never gotten it working, trying from 1.3 on. Same error every time.
amazonCommandResp error: Failed with status code 400

No clue what to do next to troubleshoot.

Totally understand. Is there anyway that i can help? A log file somewhere or something? Just let me know and happy to help out over there.

(Anthony S.) #1321

then you need to wait for me to finish the broadcast logic…
I realize the code is public but would rather not have a bunch of bastardized versions of my code floating around.
I’m happy to work with you to integrate with your app…Just ask

(Bill Padley) #1322

SPOTIFY NOW WORKING FOR ME …

@milnergroup I solved it with your help
Rather than calling the spotify Url , I tried using searchspotify “name playlist” (as you had in your piston) - No Joy
So I experimented using voice commands to alexa directly Play “name” playlist
Alexa ALSO couldn’t find my playlist ( so webcore had no chance ! )

I discovered that my playlist ONLY became available for alexa/webcore to actually find in a search IF I had started it manually from spotify first (in other words play first few seconds of the first track on my new playlist )
This behaviour was repeatable with any NEW playlist I tried ! (old ones that had been played before played fine)

So after playing the track form spotify, all seemed to sync up , and searchspotify “name playlist” works now perfectly in webcore

go figure ! , but glad its fixed !

Bill P

(Eric) #1323

I use the My Media Player skill to play music off my computer onto the Echo, but I don’t know if this (or any) program can run Alexa skills…although there’s a thread here about putting a bluetooth speaker next to an Echo and having the speaker “speak” the skill command to the echo. I’d hate to have to jury-rig it as such.

https://www.mymediaalexa.com/

(Barry) #1324

Will do…

(Glen King) #1325

I was thinking on this last night. If it were possible to access Alexa skills via a system like this, you simply write a bunch of tiny skills - each of which contains one sound effect and plays that effect on command. Your Webcore piston then might look like
IF
Cookie jar contact changes to Open
Then
Alexa do Buzzer skill
Speak “caught ya with your hand in the cookie jar!”

(Patrick Mjoen) #1326

@tonesto7 when you are added as collaborator on Heroku, when should we see the app updated? I got a message yesterday that 2.05 was available and updated the DTH and SA. BTW, this is amazing work!!