[RELEASE] Echo Speaks

echo
smartapp_voice
project_alerts
project_voice

(Rob Sadler) #1267

@tonesto7, thanks for the 2.0.4 update! Looks like you fixed the spotify issue :smiley:

(Eric) #1268

I’ve held off updating Echo Speaks because it’s been working. But I again got a “Test 1, Test 2, Test 3” on one of the announcements. Is that because I’m using the older version?

[EDIT] Hmmm…my pic isn’t showing anymore.

Spotify now works through Webcore!
Thank you!

(Dan Carter) #1270

No worries, great app btw

(P Ion Git Hub) #1271

When running a simple piston with speak to one echo device I get multiple speak commands sent to Amazon. Actually all of my pistons using speak act in the same way since a couple of days.

What am I missing here? App, dev handler and server are updared to latest version.

IDE log below. In this case echo repeated same message 5 times

(Dirk Face) #1272

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for making a brilliant app.

(Rob Sadler) #1273

Anyone on 2.0.4 have Alexa Multi-Room Music Speaker Groups working yet or is it still in development?

I’ve tried a test broadcast to the WHA group device and when that didn’t work I tried a simple WebCore piston and that failed as expected.

Many thanks,
-Rob

(David Evans) #1274

Afternoon all.

I am loving this app. I have got full functionality when requesting Echos / Dots & Fire Tablets to Send TTS.

I can get Weather, Flash briefing etc. I just cannot get it to play music or search and play a radio station.

I have had some success in playing music from my amazon music library (ie CD’s I bought in the past).

I really want to program the Radio to come on when i walk into the Kitchen in the morning. I anyone else having these problems?

I am attempting to use the advise here but having no joy.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issues??

searchMusic(String searchPhrase, String providerId)

• Used to play music from the desired music provider

• The available providerId’s are [CLOUDPLAYER, AMAZON_MUSIC, I_HEART_RADIO, PANDORA, TUNEIN]

• Accepted Parameters:

• SearchPhrase (String): “thriller” * providerId (String): “AMAZON_MUSIC”

• Example Usage: searchMusic(“thriller”, “AMAZON_MUSIC”)

searchAmazonMusic(“item_to_search_for”)

• Used to search and play music from Amazon Music

• Accepted Parameters:

• SearchPhrase (String): “thriller”

• Example Usage: searchAmazon(“thriller”)

searchPandora(“item_to_search_for”)

• Used to search and play music from Pandora Music

• Accepted Parameters:

• Example Usage: searchPandora(“thriller”)

searchIheart(“item_to_search_for”)

• Used to search and play music from iHeartRadio

• Accepted Parameters:

• Example Usage: searchIheart(“thriller”)

searchSpotify(“item_to_search_for”)

• Used to search and play music from Spotify Music

• Accepted Parameters:

• Example Usage: searchSpotify(“thriller”)

searchTuneIn(“item_to_search_for”)

• Used to search and play music from TuneIn Radio
  • Accepted Parameters:

(Anthony S.) #1275

It seems that the search for radio stations can be a hit or miss (This is out of my hands because I can only pass a single string to the API)

What provider are you searching for radio stations on?

(Richard Bryant) #1276

You got your tablets working ???

I get this in my logs. TTS false

warn IGNORED Device | Name: Richard’s Fire | Permissions: [TTS:false, volumeControl:true, mediaPlayer:false, amazonMusic:false, tuneInRadio:false, iHeartRadio:false, pandoraRadio:false, spotify:false, isMultiroomDevice:false, isMultiroomMember:false, alarms:true, reminders:true, doNotDisturb:false, wakeWord:false, flashBriefing:false, microphone:true, connectedHome:false]

(Patrick Mjoen) #1277

I am not getting the TTS to my Fire Tablet, but can control the volume of the device???

(David Evans) #1278

I have been focusing on TuneIn as the provider as i know that when i Ask alexa verbally it works.

I am struggling to get any kind of music to play really with the exception of something from my AmazonLibrary

(Tony Fleisher) #1279

Which fire tablet is this?

(Anthony S.) #1280

According to Amazon it doesn’t support media control or TTS so it’s not added to Echo Speaks

(Richard Bryant) #1281

[quote=“Davy932, post:1274, topic:142252”]
Afternoon all.

I am loving this app. I have got full functionality when requesting Echos / Dots & Fire Tablets to Send TTS.

I can get Weather, Flash briefing etc. I just cannot get it to play music or search and play a radio station.

I have had some success in playing music from my amazon music library (ie CD’s I bought in the past).

I really want to program the Radio to come on when i walk into the Kitchen in the morning. I anyone else having these problems?
[/quote] @Davy932

is what I saw so I was enquiring . I know my HD8’s are showing no support for TTS. Maybe he knew something that I didn’t.

(Bill Padley) #1282

Hmmm since the latest update my ECHO is now almost responding to my previous spotify piston but says it "doesn’t know that one " as if it cant find the track it had no problem with before …how exactly are you guys now calling the track in spotify?

mine WAS spotify:track:3cTct2LSb3o01nIZUCgzBN (i.e. the spotify copied URL )
I DO have Spotify Premium…

any help appreciated ! …nearly there LOL

Bill P

(Keith G) #1283

Why not set up a virtual button in ST that can be added as a device in Alexa to trigger an Alexa routine to start playing your radio station of choice?

If using a motion detector in your kitchen, then set up a virtual button in ST that is pushed when motion is detected between X & X times and then make that virtual button available in Alexa as a device which is used to trigger the routine.

(Anthony S.) #1284

That’s definitely on the amazon side. I didn’t change the calls to the music services for v2. Only added validation that the device supports calls to the said music service.

(Anthony S.) #1285

Alexa routines are actually on the list of upcoming features to work on…

(Andrew) #1286

Apologies if this has already been answered, but is anyone having a problem since v2.0 where all commands sent to the Echo are at low volume? I’m using webcore to send some speech commands to my Echo Dot and they are always coming out at ~20% volume. The volume toggle in the device in the ST app is set to 100% but even when I press one of the sample buttons on the device, the volume drops right back down again (but still shows 100%)