[RELEASE] Echo Speaks

echo
smartapp_voice
project_alerts
project_voice

(Joel W) #2583

Not a problem, enjoy.

(Joel) #2584

Does no one else using amazon.com.au want to use this app?

(Joel W) #2585

@tonesto7 Would it be possible to add a master “Reset Queue” to the app? I ask this as I have to reset the Queue at least once a day. Thanks

(Anthony S.) #2586

If you use the play icon next to name it will.

I’ve never seen an issue with the queue on my side but maybe I can add a scheduled task to the app to it daily

(Clint) #2587

Is there a command that would queue up a notification to an Echo, similar to what Amazon does for Shipping notifications. I see the App Notification and that works great, but it would be nice to be able to post up a notification and have the visual notification on and that could be played by asking Alexa to play notifications.

I see Ask Alexa has a message queuing capability, not sure how that all worked. I see the command “Removenotification()” command in the Alexa Speaks Webcore list. Maybe I am missing something?

Thanks for the great capability.

(Joel W) #2588

That would be great. Thanks.

(Jason "The Enabler" as deemed so by @Smart) #2589

You can already do this in EchoSistant. Just select your devices in a room and say, reset the queue in the room.

(Joel W) #2590

Yes I know as we have discussed this before, but an automatic daily refresh would be welcome.

(Jason "The Enabler" as deemed so by @Smart) #2591

Well, can’t you send a command with WC? just create a simple piston to send this command

resetQueue()

(Jason "The Enabler" as deemed so by @Smart) #2592

actually, it’s already available in WC.

(Joel W) #2593

Thanks, I created a piston that does the reset at 8:00AM and 8:00 PM. I hope it works as today I had to reset my Echo Show twice.

(Scott) #2594

So, probably one of the best features that Echo Speaks provides us is the ability to have event driven push notifications that occur realtime. I have a POE camera in my front porch that transmits an RTSP data stream. The camera supports POI motion zones and provides a trigger to send an SMTP email with a snapshot when that movement occurs.

I have an IFTTT recipe that monitors my Gmail Inbox for email with the subject line matching the email the camera sends. When a matching email is found, I use the webhooks service to initiate a “get” operation with the URL of my Webcore piston. That launches my piston and the piston announces on my family room echo that someone is at the front door.

(Ron Talley) #2595

Had to test out ‘Notification Alert (Version 75)’ for myself! Cool sound.

(John Johnston) #2596

Guys, am I able to intergrate my Arlo camera to announce something on my echo speakers based on my mode within ST? So basically only have it announce something when I’m away mode? Thanks.

Just got this set up and its working great. Is there currently (or is it possible to add) an attribute to the device type for alarms / timers?

I saw that there is a JSON object attribute for notifications, I would love to be able to get the status of timers I have set and then forward that via webcore to be displayed elsewhere.

(JIm) #2598

Is there a way to determine which device a spoken command came from?

I have an alert that announces to all my echos but sometimes if were not paying attention we don’t get it. So I set up a routine in Alexa to reannounce the alert when I ask for it. But in that case we don’t necessarily need it coming over all the echos, just the one where we asked for the repeat. It doesn’t hurt to come over all of them, but would be nice to just get it on the one.

(Jason "The Enabler" as deemed so by @Smart) #2599

Lol, I’m not trying to push another app here or hijack the thread, but you can do this with EchoSistant. I’ve built in some of the features like this using echo speaks devices.

(Joel W) #2600

Jason has been doing this a long time, I would not in any way think what you suggest. He is not pushing anything but help.

(JIm) #2601

I hope you meant what he suggested. :slight_smile:

I agree. I need to look into it a little more.

(Joel W) #2602

Yes I am saying he wouldn’t Hijack this thread.