No… I’m still trying to find the cause of the other bugs reported
I found the bug with tablets it was typo
I will have an update out soon
You totally ROCK…Yay!
I pushed out a quick update while i test the next release
I’m gonna need a volunteer to test out something for me. Specifically someone who has a lot of Alexa devices that are not currently detected
I took the SmartApp update you just pushed and then went into the app and did a save. My Fire HD Tablets are still not showing. Do I need to do something else?
Still showing the same 18 Echo Enabled devices. Is there a cap to the number you recognize? I went in and disabled tablet recognition and did a save – save and then went back in and enabled tablet recognition and did another save – save. Still no tablets.
I’m with the family now. I will try to push out fixes later
@tonesto7 Hi Anthony, thank you very much for the remarkable work. I know you are busy. Just a quick question, for the music service, Spotify works well for me in the test page, but neither Spotify nor TuneIn work. Is there something I am missing?
Spotify works and doesn’t work?
anyway, if you haven’t already, Try using all lower case and no punctuation.
if they work under the test page than the device is working.
What are you using to send the command outside of the test page?
I don’t know. I’m just a lowly, fellow user.
However, if I had to guess, I’d say it may have something to do with the dev (@tonesto7) needing more data from the device or its maker (Amazon) about how it operates.
What type of device is this?
Echo dot 3rd Gen
I followed the instructions to update server by deleting and redeploying and app shows server version v2.2.0 instead but I’m getting alerts saying heroku service v2.1.1 is available??
I thought I just updated the heroku service by updating server. If not, how to update heroku service?
I’m sorry for not delivering on my promise of pushing out a fix. I didn’t forget about you guys I just ran out of steam and went to bed early.
I was able to identify a few bugs in the detection process which I’ve addressed.
I have a couple more items I’d like to complete before releasing the next version today.
I’ve reworked the device detection a little bit to make it more consistent.
The process will be a lot more transparent now about what which devices are being ignored and why.
I’m also adding the ability for you guys to toggle a setting which will allow you to bypass the apps choice of ignoring/blocking a device. This will allow the install and creation of any device for testing and reporting purposes.
When I go to update, I’m only copying the new code & pasting it over the old code. Sorry to ask. Thanks.
If you installed manually the first time then yes, that’s the way I have been doing it also. Oh and don’t forget to Publish For Me.
I updated thru smartthings repo update, reset my amazon creds and tried to test a piston as well as thru the smartthings app on my phone. i dont get errors but nothing works. FYI I have a single device