[DEPRECATED] DTH for Fibaro Heat Controller FGT-001

May your contribution proposed upstream ? if not done yet please link pull request url here.

just for curiosity are there any DTH for other radiator’s valve ?

Sorry I haven’t noticed. I don’t quite understand your comment, you mean pull request to official Smartthings Community repo? If yes, I don’t know, if that’s a good idea, since dth does not work with new Smartthings platform.

hey,

hope someone in this post can help me.

i cant pair the device with my ST, are some able to help me troubleshoot.
copied the DTH from this post into the ST IDE - published to me.
when looking into my device handlers, the text is green, but as far as i have read, this should be fine.
using the old classic app, to add a thing - triple click on the thermostat, but nothing showing up.

have tried reset trying to pair the device on the valve and off the valve to take it closer to the HUB.

i do not know, if i missed any steps. i bought the devices second hand. and the devices worked before.

I have the same issue. It’s probably caused by a major bug in latest hub firmware. Could you check, that you have hub firmware version 25.26?

Also look at the firmware thread, where I raise my complaints and you can check this FAQ thread, where is a possible solution to our issue. Altought it did not work for me.

Lastly, send a PM to @Kianoosh_Karami. He forwarded my issue to dev team.

Thanks for the feedback… my version is 25.27… and my hub is v3.

So you havnt solved the issue yet either.?

I cannot solve it. Since the device won’t pair even without DTH, there’s nothing I can do. I hoped that 25.27 would solve it, shame.

@danni_mieritz @Toka There are a number of people reporting similar issues pairing Fibaro roller shutters over the past day or two. They all seem to be having success by checking the hub event list in the IDE for a successful join, then using the zwave ID from that event to manually create the device in the IDE. The work around is documented here.

Indeed that works. Thank you.

Do you have any idea, what’s the issue? I’m trying to figure out, if I can fix it in DTH itself. I wonder if capability “Configuration” is somehow messed up.

I don’t think it’s the DH (and, even if there were a problem, it should just show up as a Thing). There were a number of people who were able to include using my roller shutter DH up until this last firmware update . The firmware update included a “new zwave framework” so I’m betting that’s the problem. Hopefully they get it straightened out and push another firmware version soon.

@philh30, thannk you…

@Toka, you got i working now, right?

im still got some minor issue, with the connection, it connects, than disconnects… but i think its a local problem.

I’d suggest you post here about your problem. ST staff are active in that thread, and say they’ve found the issue with joining based on what @Toka posted there. Whatever connection problem you’re having could be related.

We all agree that’s it’s still not working, right?

The DTH does work, but you have to add devices manually via Developer Workspace.

Sometimes tho the scheduler drops and in that case your temperature reading will be disabled. In that case you just need to manually click on “reset” tile.

Hi,

I’m noticing that I’m not able to adjust the set point temperature in the new SmartThings app. Anyone experiencing the same issue?

Hi,

if you’re using new SmartThings app, don’t use this DTH. There is a new official DTH loosely based on mine, it should pair automatically now.

Unfortunately SmartThings platform is in a state, where developing hub-connected devices is near impossible without internal knowledge, which I do not have.

Thanks for responding.

Do you have a link to the new device handler. I can’t seem to Google it.

You don’t need a link, it’s automatic. Just remove this DTH and let SmartThings assign it itself.

Tomas, could you please explain how to pair it now?

I tried with new (via generic z-wave device, and scan option) and old (via ‘add thing’ option) SmartThings app, but didn’t manage to make it work.

Sorry, I’m new smartthings user.

Generic Z-Wave device is not the correct way.

Via new SmartThings app enable inclusion mode – tap on + (add) -> device -> Scan. Now enable inclusion mode on the TRV itself (quick triple tap with “needle” or “Green” option from menu). It should pair automatically and SmartThings should recognize it as Fibaro Heat Controller. This is also the name of the official DTH. You can check it in Developer Workspace -> My Devices -> {device} -> Type after inclusion.

If you have trouble, make sure you removed any lingering TRV devices from Developer Workspace and you switched TRV to factory settings (“Yellow” option from menu)

I tried few times this way too, didn’t work. Although I tried one more time and found the issue :slight_smile:

In case someone will have this problem too. Make sure that your heat controller is correctly resetting to factory defaults. When I’ve been doing this before, after confirming yellow step (to confirm factory reset) nothing was happening. And I thought that was correct behavior - it was not. It should start blinking yellow and you should hear calibration sound.

After this procedure I managed to pair fibaro heat controller correctly.

Thank you @Toka!