[OBSOLETE] Lock User Management (LUM)

Not always, I’ve seen run fine manually but fail or timeout when called through an app. It all depends on your account and the platform performance at that instance and where your code is running (which server and it’s performance characteristics).

EDIT: Yes it’s better to run things through a routine than through the app, I’ve noticed that it tends to runs smoother to turn on 20 switches through a routines than through the SmartApp as the SmartApp could times out (it only gets 20 seconds to executes everything).

1 Like

is there a way to confirm in the logs that the Smartapp actually is calling to run the I’m Back! routine?

I stripped down the smartapp to the minimum for me to lower its workload and moved it all to the routine and still nada

It will print a debug log line that’s it’s calling the routine (assuming the platform isn’t skipping lines in debug printing, if the platform is really slow/backlogged it may drop some debug lines but that’s the best bet or look for an error in debug logs).

I am using this app with kwikset 914. All programmed codes working fine, but I kept getting these messages every minute in my Smartthings App for my kwikset lock:

• code 1 is not set
  • code 2 is not set
  • code 3 is not set

• I have a total of 5 codes…they all woking fine, so curious anyway to stop these ‘polling’ of code not set from this App?

Also separately seeing these notifications under my hub tab:

• requesting lock to add permanent code Guest1 to user 1, code: 1211
  • requesting lock to add permanent code Guest2 to user 2, code: 5655

I am guessing these ‘requests’ are what is causing the ‘not set’ messages from the kwikset lock. Any help or info to resolve this would be appreciated. My only concern with these is that it is killing my battery for this happening every minute, one for each code.

Thanks!!

Ok got the right app now
Question trying to add a second phone number to text notifications to
; can be added using the pause function key but when I enter the 2nd number and hit next the ; disappears and it becomes one long string of numbers
I’m on iOS

Make sure you follow the instructions on the website in how to clear the codes before programming new ones. This happens when you have a bad lock database. It needs to be cleared on a fresh install.

Many thanks RBoy. Will give reset a try. Found your clear/reset instruction.

1 Like

OK I have my issue narrowed down that I reported on post#1061

It is a weird problem but easy to replicate. It seems only MY code is not running the I’m Back! routine after successfully entering a code. The others user codes all execute the I’m Back! routine just fine? So my user code is in position 1 if that matters? Do I have a damaged database somehow? Do I need to reset it?

UPDATE: I got it working by a work around.:nerd: So even though I had set the global Door Unlock Actions to Run Routine I’m Back! I went into the first user position and used the custom user actions under the “Click here to define actions for Dale” and set the I’m Back! routine to execute there as well. Now it is working for me however something isn’t right for the global to not be working on that first user.

Just a note based on questions we have been receiving.

Not all locks are 100% compliant with the Z-Wave specs and some locks like Yale (some European locks like IDLock) use multiple standards across their models. Folks using the stock ST Z-Wave Device Handler may see issues such as Code 0, Code 1, Code 255 or Code 99 being reported from such lock models because the stock ST DTH does not take into account these non standard locks or differences between lock models and firmwares.

Please use the Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Device Handler below, it will resolve the issues folks may run into regarding these non standard and other firmware quirks of various locks. Particularly for Yale users who are facing the code 99 issue.

1 Like

Hey RBoy, I have the Schlage BR469 and have been using this code along with the multi-user management with success since I got the lock. Up until a recent version, the AutoLock used to allow for times of 5 minutes or whatever was desired, but in the current version, I see two AutoLock settings, however the second one with a maximum time of 60 seconds always applies. It used to also prevent the door from autolocking, or would at least re-open if the door was open to prevent the barrel from being struck if the door is accidentally closed. This also doesn’t seem to work for me now either. Any thoughts?

Are you referring to Lock Immediately and Lock after Delay? The lock after delay setting (per user or globally) has no no restriction on the time limit.

That’s an ST hub/platform issue, could be related to the recent firmware update or the ST platform outage/performance issues. Everything has been running slow or timing out. Reboot your hub and do a Z-Wave repair and wait until the platform performance resumes normal operation.

Hi Rboy,

The codes were working recently and automatically starting and stopping. With the new patch of the device handlers, seems they stopped starting and stopping automatically.

Could that have had an effect?

If you’re referring to schedules codes it could be just to do with the recent platform issues. Simplest way to restart them is click on the Arrow button next to the SmartApp name in your list of installed SmartApps on the phone. This will reinitialize the SmartApp, timers, schedules and reprogram all codes and force a security audit/verification.

I used to have an issue with the “scheduler” I think you called it (I’d set an “Expire on” code, it would be for X date at Y time, and the time would come and pass and the code wouldn’t activate.

It seemed to have fixed about a month or so ago, and it was doing it without my intervention.

I updated the device handler last week, and it seems to have stopped doing it automatically and now I have to go into Smartthings App once the code start time passes, and it’ll activate then, but not if I don’t log into smartthings.

Hope that explains it.

Yes that what I had referred to, the ST platform scheduler performance recently is probably why you’ve been seeing the issue, just reset it as per the instructions in the previous post.

Hi. Ive bought your Smartapp and Im using it on a IDlock. Ive set up with 2 user IDs as this is the maximum for IDlocks. However the lock uses name from User1 and code from User2, and my “master” usercode stopped working.

Tried it (re: pressing the arrow next to the app name). Seems to do nothing (doesn’t take me to a menu), other than look like it was pressed and then toggled off the highlight. Is this working as intended?

Correct. It doesn’t open any pages, forces an internal re-initialization.

Are you using the Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Device Handler for your lock? IDLock have special programming mechanisms and don’t report/work properly with the stock ST device handler.

1 Like

Hey RBoy, first, thanks for the great apps and device handlers. I use the lock related ones and they have been totally smooth, but I do have a feature request.

I like to get notifications on lock/unlock/jam/etc, but they’re really not necessary when I’m home. It would be great if I could not receive alerts based on a presences sensor. I see some options to “NOT run above lock actions when … people are present”, but it is not clear if that applies to the alerts too. Maybe move all the alerts to their own section and have a Presence and Mode(s) option just for alerts?

Thanks,
Omen

1 Like