[OBSOLETE] Lock User Management (LUM)

If it was working and then it stopped then likely you need to check your setup and inputs.

Most common typos, wrong year or invalid start date or end date that is prior to start date.

I have 5 of the assure as well and yes if you have one touch locking enabled (palm which is the wakeup for the lock) then it will not be able to tell you a user locked it because it does not know who the user is because no code is used. It will I think say rfid locked. I only keep one touch locking for my garage inner door, rest of the locks I require a code to lock/unlock. You can however set non user actions to it. I use that so when it one touch locks it will also lock all the rest of the doors.

I wish it was that simple.

I double checked the end date, and it was in fact in the future (with the new additions you’ve made, when checking the configure user list, it shows EXPIRED! if past the date, not the case with these).

In addition, I checked the log and it keeps sending the “trying to activate code since it is passed XX/XX/XXX” message (or whatever the syntax is).

The other lock next door works perfectly.

Thanks, that’s sort of what I figured. Seems reasonable. I can probably then figure out how to associate that user with a virtual presence and I will get a useful guest presence detection for free!

I was considering setting up a Zipato RFID scanner and use that (which would also work the same) and let someone lock/unlock with an RFID tag.

Anyone know if the z-wave repair situation is any better?

Hello I have purchased your app and I love it so far. I am having one issue as of right now and that is that I can’t get any text messages to come through. I have tried setting them up in just the main configuration page as well as per user basis. I unlock the door with that users code and I get no text message. I also tried push notifications and those work fine. Can you please help with this?

Hello. I have 2x Yale Conexis L1, front and back. As it stands there is no way of knowing which key fob opened which door on Smartthings.

Does the RBoys device handler do this for me? Will it then tell me in Smartthings who unlocked the door?

Thanks

Not the DH however the apps (Door Lock Code User Management
) can do exactly this. You have a place where you enter the Users. So you set the number of Users to 10 and then name each slot accordingly in the SmartApp. One thing to remember is that if you only run one instance of the app then you have to make sure that all your Fobs or KeyCards are added to each lock in the same order as that is the way they are identified via the lock itself. If it is too much trouble to reorder the KeyCards etc. on each lock so they match then I cannot see why you cannot run separate instances of the app, one for each lock.
I would also run with RBoys DH, I have found it much better plus you can actually configure the locks themselves via the ST app. (Audio, AutoLock On/Off, AutoLock Timeout etc.)

EDIT: Forgot to add, you then also just set the Notifications in the App itself and you will then get Push Notifications with the name of the Slot etc

OK, that makes sense- thank you. I assume then I would be able to use the information in WebCore to trigger pistons etc if certain fobs unlock the door?

Thank you to all our testers/users for your suggestions and feedback for making this the easiest version to use

Door Lock Code Multi User Management with Notifications and Actions - Version 07.06.04

• Improved custom notification settings for users
  • Use colored icons to show user programming state (grey -> inactive, blue -> active, yellow -> pending, red -> error)
  • Improve handling of one time/burner codes when using multiple locks
  • Show start/end dates on summary screen
  • Detect typo’s/user input errors and improve notifications
  • Support for keypad locks

Some examples of how folks are using this app:

1. I give my landlord an access code for the lock but I want it disabled when I’m at home (presence based users)
  2. When my children are at home and the parents aren’t home, then allow the babysitter’s code to work (presence based users)
  3. When we’re away, allow my neighbor’s code to work (mode based users)
  4. I can schedule a code for my nanny with multiple schedules per day (morning and evening)
  5. I can program ahead for my vacation rental properties with a start and end date/time for my guests
  6. When I lock my door from outside I want my house to lock up behind me (close garage doors, lock all other doors, turn off switches, arm the security system etc)
  7. When I unlocked my outer door I want the inner door to also unlock and the lights to turn on but only at night
  8. I want my employees to have access only during business hours or on specifics days/modes

Lock Code User Management is the most reliable and comprehensive commercial grade User Code Management SmartApp with many (unique) features:

• Works with the built in SmartThings device handler (Z-Wave and ZigBee)
  • Sure-Programming engine: verifies that programming was successful
  • Unlimited users and locks
  • Easy and intuitive setup
    • Colored icons show user state (grey -> inactive, blue -> active, yellow -> pending, red -> error)
  • Different types of users such as:
    • permanent
    • one time
    • expiration (start/end date/time)
    • scheduled (daily/weekly etc) with multiple schedules per user
    • presence based
    • mode based and many more
  • Support for different types of locks (keypad, bluetooth, RFID, etc)
  • Define custom individual Unlock and Lock actions for users such as:
    • Exit delay actions (wait for X minutes before running actions)
    • Separate actions for Keypad and Manual locking/unlocking and per door actions
    • Turning on lights if it’s dark outside
    • Unlocking/locking secondary locks
    • Opening/closing garage doors
    • Notifications on type of lock/unlock (manual, code, keypad, bluetooth, rfid etc)
    • Running routines
    • Changing modes
    • Arming/Disarming SHM
    • Turning on/off switches
    • Custom notifications settings (who and how many)
      • Multiple/international SMS’s
    • Define rules when to run and not run actions
  • Define Door Open/Close actions such as
    • Automatically relocking the door when it’s closed
    • Automatically unlocking the deadbolt if it’s extended, while door is open
    • Ringing chimes when door is opened
    • Notifications if door is left open
    • Define actions for each door separately
  • Lots of built in safety mechanisms to ensure users have a reliable experience
  • Compatibility with SmartLocks
  • and lots more

Optionally you can use the Enhanced Universal Z-Wave Lock or the Universal ZigBee Lock device handler for a more customized experience.

Copyright © RBoy Apps

3 Likes

I’m getting the following error when it ry to apply the Door lock code user management with notifications and automatic relock to my Yale 256 lock

ava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘id’ on null object @line 1331 (appTouch)

Looks like i was creating a device handler instead of a smart app. All is good. Thank you for the quic response.

1 Like

Hi Rboy, do you have some experience with Kaadas K8 Z-Wave Smart Lock /http://www.kaadas.com/en/products.asp#list5)? Will your handler / app be useful to manage such lock?

I just had to say that is a monster of an app, it does it all!!! I was able to eliminate the need for 2 ST routines just by re-configuring a few things and adding to this app, it will basically create small routines itself.

@RBoy is also a huge help, I asked for a feature fix and within one hour he sent me some test code to try out. I have a lifetime subscription to his code and it is worth every penny.

I highly recommend this app to anybody that is using locks or keypads!!!

5 Likes

The following features aren’t working with my new Schlage Connect Camelot deadbolt (BE469NX).
Immediately lock after door closes doesn’t work. Unlock if locked while door is open doesn’t work. I’ve rebooted the hub and repaired Z-wave through IDE, and I’ve reset the lock and batteries. ST is recognizing the door locked/unlocked status, as well as the door open/closed status.

Add a repeater within 20 ft of your lock. Schlage locks are very susceptible to mesh quality issues and require a strong buffered mesh.

2 Likes

I’ll try, but the lock is within 10 feet of the ST hub with clear line or sight, no obstructions.

See the link I posted above. You need a repeater to buffer the commands/messages (which is Schlage’s Achilles heel), the hub doesn’t buffer messages.

We recommend this on our website and FAQ’s, add atleast one repeater to your mesh and it resolves 99.99% of all issues.

3 Likes

Does this have to be a stand alone repeater, or another z wave device near by. Don’t zwave devices act as repeaters?

Only AC powered Z-wave devices function as repeaters. This would include Z-wave switches, outlets, and plug-in receptacles. There are dedicated z-wave repeaters, but they are essentially a compact plug-in receptacle without an outlet. My preferred setup is to install a z-wave switch near the door that operates either the interior or exterior light.

Anything that operates solely on battery power (e.g. a PIR motion sensor, lock, or window/door sensor) would have a dramatically shortened battery life if it also functioned as a Z-wave repeater that was constantly listening in a high power state.

2 Likes