[OBSOLETE] Lock User Management (LUM)

Thanks for helping resolve my One Time Code issue, and for all your good work with this app.

1 Like

##door Lock Code Multi User Management with Notifications and Actions - Version 05.06.00

• Improved speed and resilience to platform issues
  • Improved One Time code resilience and programming
  • Fixed Auto Unlocking of Schlage deadbolt locks while door is open
  • Added support for notifying via text to speech (e.g. Sonos)
  • Added support for Bluetooth locks (e.g. Yale)
  • Simplified the user interface to make it more intuitive

Recommend use the [Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock] ([RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung) device handler version 03.03.00 or newer for full SmartApp and automatic update notification functionality

1 Like

I tried that and the pin codes workā€¦ just not the RFID tags. They unlock the door but I get no notification at all in smartthings. I really hoped this would work. Any ideas?

Open the IDE click on Live Logging, now unlock using your tag. PM me (copy paste) what you see coming from your lock (filter the messages by those coming from the lock device), copy paste. Since folks are using it Iā€™m guessing either the lock isnā€™t reporting it or you donā€™t have the right device handler installed.

Looking for a automated routine in the app but not sure it exists.

The Schlage 469NX can be locked with a one button press (SCHLAGE logo) on the keypad. The app allows you to assign a routine to that e.g. Goodbye.

If someone uses their user code to lock the door (rather than the one button lock), is it possible to assign a routine to that ?

Update : Just tested this and it appears that the same routine is assigned whether your lock using the logo or a user code, which is what I was looking for. Just wasnā€™t clear from the wording in the app.

1 Like

Yes as youā€™ve seen it uses the Global/General settings for lock both one touch and user pin based locking. However you can override the user pin based locking settings by defining custom actions for the individual user in the user page.

Did the reinstallation solve your notification issue? I donā€™t see that in your post. Hoping 5.06 will. I rebuilt my whole ST system from scratch on Wednesday - still no notifications. Later today is the first chance I will have to get back to the problem.

Iā€™m still not getting notifications, despite going so far as to reset my ST hub and COMPLETELY rebuild my setup. It was nearly 100% reliable for over a year, but I no longer receive notifications when someone uses a code to unlock.

Can the notification behavior be isolated to either the DH or the SmartApp? Iā€™m not sure how to further troubleshoot. Iā€™m on 5.06.00. @Ron_Lu, did you ever start getting notifications back?

Everything is back to working great for me. To fix my issue I first removed the app, the device handler, and my lock from my my ST hub. I then performed a factory reset of the physical lock. After re-adding the lock to the hub then re-installing 5.05.03 of the app and 3.03.03 of the device handler everything worked again.

1 Like

Check your lock batteries, seen issues with lock not sending notifications to the hub where replacing batteries and doing a Z-Wave repair fixes the issue. Confirm that the lock is sending notifications to the hub - mostly likely thatā€™s the issue. Did you reset the lock itself? If not try that.

Batteries were fresh 7 days ago, now reporting 95% charge level. Batteries were fresh two weeks before that, but dropped below 85% in two weeks so I replaced them again.

I reset the lock itself, I reset the Hub (v2), I even went so far as to delete my instance on the ST servers, delete the app on my phone, and rebuild my ST network from scratch (see my other posts).

Folks an update on the MSR and lock pairing issues, weā€™ve been able to replicate the issue and provided ST staff with logs. They acknowledged it and are working on a patch. Big thank you to the ST staff on working through this one. Please see:

1 Like

As my list of lock users has gotten longer - friends, family, dog sitter etc. Iā€™ve noticed Iā€™m doing a lot of scrolling to find somebody or add a new user. Wondering if there is any chance of altering the design for this app so it would show the users as a simple list on one screen, then you tap a user to go to an additional screen with the details (name, code, user type, custom actions etc). Apologies if this has been asked before or is architecturally not feasible in SmartThings.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, very helpful. We will work on incorporating the changes for future releases.

Android users, just a quick note, if you havenā€™t upgraded to 2.4.0 please do NOT upgrade to ST Anrdoid 2.4.0. It breaks dynamic pages. Hopefully ST will fix it soon, if you have upgraded please let ST know so they can prioritize fixing it. iOS version is fine.

1 Like

Hi, 1st post please be gentle. I am a new ST user only just setup an hur ago. i have 5 Blink cameras and installed RBoyā€™s app and device handler.

I wanted to know if this app/device handler can support the Zipato RFID keypad in anyway?

1 Like

It supports COMMAND_CLASS_USER_CODE, what that means is that it sends a user code notification when keys are pressed. So now it depends upon what device handler youā€™re using for it. If itā€™s processing the user codes properly and reporting it via the required interface (i.e. userCode) it will work just fine.

However, this app is not appropriate for keypad since keypads canā€™t be ā€œprogrammedā€. You should use this SmartApp with your keypad since the users are fixed and you just need to take actions depending upon which key is pressed. Let me know what device handler youā€™re using for your keypad and I can check and let you know if itā€™ll work.

We can follow up on the above thread for your keypad.

Hi guys, great app! I was curious though is it possible to allow a user to enter in multiple ā€œhome modesā€? So far it only allows to select one but Iā€™ve created several. (Ex, Home, Away, Night, lock down secure, etc.).

Thanks!

Thanks for the follow up.

I use the following Device Handler - https://github.com/inpier/Zipato-RFID/blob/master/Zipato%20RFID%20device%20handler

I only started playing with ityesterday and it registers 9 RFID tags and looks quite cool. By the way you Blink app/DH is awesome so far!

1 Like

Seems like I change my batteries every 3 weeks :wink:

Once again my lock stopped reporting the user code entry with the app. Changed the batteries again and now works again. I had the same issue 3 weeks ago and did the same thing. Has anyone noticed this?

I am using the universal handler with alarms for my Schlage touch

thanks