[OBSOLETE] Lock User Management (LUM)

Rboy, I just wanted to thank you again. I got everything working pretty much perfectly and appreciate all the help.

I’ll be upgrading to the newest version of the app today, so if you’ve fixed these issues/made these improvements, ignore this:

1. The “Expire on” setting works great with one small exception. If I set a user time limit (start date/time, end/date time) it seems that the command isn’t sent to the lock unless I actually go into the scheduler during the time frame in which the code is enabled, and then again it isn’t disabled unless I go back into the app and hit “done” after the expiry date/time. So it seems (and I could be doing something wrong being a noob) that I can set the expire on dates, but that the lock doesn’t automatically add the code at the specified time/date unless I’ve gone in after that point and hit “done”.

2. This is just bells and whistles: Is it possible to add a calendar for the date for “expire on” instead of having to type out the YYYY-MM-DD?

3. This is also just a bell and whistle: I am now getting (since the new 5.2.2 upgrade) text messages saying “Requesting to delete user 29”, can you change it so it uses the defined name instead of the slot #?

Other than that, amazing.

Now to figure out how to update the app :wink: (I know the instructions are on your webpage)

*Update: I believe I’ve updated the SmartApp to 5.2.2, when I load it, that’s the version it says, but what does “IMPORTANT, DON’T SKIP THIS STEP: Open the SmartApp on your phone, check/update your settings and hit “Done”. If you don’t do this last step the SmartApp may not work.”. I assume this means "go into the smartapp, hit “next” in the right corner, then “done” on the next page and you’ll get the green “all good (or whatever) banner”

Oh,
Since 5.2.2 it seems you can’t disable “notify on unlock” for any users, seems to be stuck on for all users.

Hi everyone. I’m also having problems with this app version.

I can’t access the notify on unlock for users. Please RBoy, help us!

I noticed that this could happened also because of the actualization of the device handler for the locks. Can this be possible?

Thanks.

Yes it seems like another of ST’s platform quirks that’s broken, will workaround/patch it up shortly.

This is a problem with you ST account scheduler dying. NOTE that it takes up to 5 minutes for the code to be updated due to the way ST scheduler works. There is also a backup built into the app to detect a dead scheduler but that runs every 10 minutes. So I would wait for upto 15 mintues for the codes to be updated on the lock. You can also verify the same by looking at the Live Logging and you should see housekeeping activities run every 5 minutes and 15 minutes if your scheduler has died.

Unfortunately no ST doesn’t provide any input type for dates/calendars yet, this is the only workaround for now (kinda basic you’d think right??)

Done in the next version

That’s correct

This will be fixed in the new version coming up shortly

###Multi User Lock Code Management with Notifications and Actions - Version 5.2.3

• Fix for unable to change notify option
  • Improved layout and explanations
  • Added name to notification when requesting lock to delete a code
  • Improved checks and prompts when entering invalid dates

Recommend use the [Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock] ([RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung) device handler version 3.0.1 or newer for full SmartApp functionality

Thanks to DnCCrew for this step:

Set the hub Location (i.e timezone) for scheduled/expiry codes to work correctly, from smartphone app:

1. Clicked on the 3 lines (top right corner)
  1. Clicked on gear icon (top right)
  2. Click area that says “Tap to set where home is on the map” and zoom in to correct location on map.

No Errors in IDE. Also FYI, I have updated to 5.2.3 this morning. I am still getting same behaviour. I have noticed that I am also not able to set action for a specific user. When I move the slider to “Define specific actions for X” nothing happens. Still recommend wait? or is there anything else I can do proactive? Thanks

What are you using? Doesn’t sound like iOS or Android. Do you have any routines defined or have you deleted them all?

I am using iOS . Should not have called it a slider, its the Toggle control.

Good news is that I got it working. When you asked about Routines I went to double check them and found something very weird. My expected routines were there, but there was also 2 odd routines named “Phrase” that I had not created. Upon inspection, neither of these routines performed any functions and neither had a “remove/delete” option available. I was able to edit them and after an edit and opening the routine back up the “remove” option was available. I removed them both, went back into your App and all appears to be working fine. Have no idea where these “ghost” routines came from, back thanks for the clue.

1 Like

It’s getting very hard to put checks for everything that this platform shouldn’t be doing, somehow for the past couple of months we’ve been seeing weird stuff with Routines from invalid routines to duplicate routines etc. Maybe report it to ST support also so they find out why you had invalid routines in your account. @slagle if you’re interested, this is the third instance in the last quarter or so to report “ghost” routines which break the getPhrases() API.

Thanks for the info and I will report to ST support so they can review my account.

1 Like

Since the latest update to the hub, iOS app and your app my lock no longer immediately locks upon detection of the sensor closing. This is an important feature for me as the family never remembers to lock the door upon exit. Any suggestions? I have installed pollster to poll the lock and door every 5 minutes but this just seems to drain the lock batteries and do nothing else.
Thanks

All I can suggest is reboot your hub and do a z-wave repair and likely that will fix the issue. If that doesn’t work please report it to ST support, can’t really do anything from your end. Why poll the lock? That really won’t help, this is a event driven architecture, polling like you said will only serve to reduce the battery life. Polling should only be used where events aren’t coming through or don’t exist (e.g. weather devices)

This is a problem with you ST account scheduler dying. NOTE that it takes up to 5 minutes for the code to be updated due to the way ST scheduler works. There is also a backup built into the app to detect a dead scheduler but that runs every 10 minutes. So I would wait for upto 15 mintues for the codes to be updated on the lock. You can also verify the same by looking at the Live Logging and you should see housekeeping activities run every 5 minutes and 15 minutes if your scheduler has died.

I thought so as well.

After testing both locks (while I was there, I am back home now), this is the test I did:

1. Programmed “Expire on” codes for both locks using your app. I set both Expire on codes to begin one hour from the start of the test, and to end three hours after that.
  2. Waited for an hour and thirty minutes.
  3. Tried code that should have been entered, didn’t work on either lock (units are beside each other).
  4. Went back into the code for the first unit, hit “Done” again as though I had changed something. As soon as I tried the code on the first unit, the door unlocked immediately. I tried the 2nd door, and the code wasn’t working.
  5. I went into the app for the 2nd door, and did the “done” thing, and it too worked immediately.

I’m not sure if this is related to the whole “must hit done to register the input” like with the codes where it doesn’t take unless you hit “done” on the keypad in addition to the “done” in the top right corner.

Anytime you change codes or any settings like expiry dates etc you need to go through the pages and click done on the last page. Don’t go back or exit the app otherwise it won’t program the codes. Beyond that if the expiration does kick in then the scheduler is dying or there is a communication issue with the lock and hub. But if you’re saying when you go in and hit done and it works then your scheduler is dying.

I’m having the same non-locking issue as Mstolli. I’ve restarted everything, repaired, etc. Running latest release of device handler and smartapp.

Here’s what I think is the pertinent log:

1:33:35 PM: debug "zw device: 26, command: 9881, payload: 00 22 01 00 00 " parsed to [‘displayed’:true, ‘descriptionText’:GR Side Lock is busy, try again later, ‘isStateChange’:false, ‘linkText’:‘GR Side Lock’]

Looks like your lock and hub are having communication issues. Unfortunately ST hub does not retry failed or blocked commands. Please report to ST support. Don’t know if it’s anything to do with the recent firmware update for the hub. Try rebooting your lock. That worked for one user (remove battery and reinsert)

I’ll try the battery pull. ST and the lock do seem to be talking just fine (watching the logs). Almost instant when locking, unlocking, etc…

On a side note, it does lock, eventually…

1 Like

That’s great news, it looks like ST may have implemented retry on blocked/busy communication in some recent firmware updates. :slight_smile:

We’ve put these on our feature queue, thanks for the suggestions.