[OBSOLETE] Lock User Management (LUM)

Yeah sorry, it’s just the platform. I’ve been tracking it, it seems to be running slow and timing out or having scheduling issues. Sometimes it better to split the functionality up just to reduce the load on the platform.

Hello @RBoy,

I’m using the latest versions of both your “Enhanced device handler” and the “advanced smart app” along with a YALE YRD-210 lock. I can’t find anywhere to configure the invalid code notification.

Possibly I installed the advanced notification smartapp before I installed your device handler that enables the invalid code notification? I’m not sure what I did wrong. Or how to fix it, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

There’s no configuration to be done, if your lock supports invalid codes and configured to send the notifications the app will alert the user. Just make sure you’re configured your lock to send notification for every invalid code, by default most locks are configured to send the notification after 2 or 4 invalid code entries.

Are you referring to the “Wrong Code Entry limit” setting?

Yes…<10 chars minimum>

###Multi User Lock Code Management with Notifications and Actions - Version 5.1.1

• Workaround for ST bug with contact address book for notifications

Recommend use the [Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock] ([RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung - #383 by RBoy) device handler version 3.0.1 or later for full SmartApp functionality

Thanks to DnCCrew for this step:

To set the hub Location, from smartphone app:

1. Clicked on the 3 lines (top right corner)
  1. Clicked on gear icon (top right)
  2. Click area that says “Tap to set where home is on the map” and zoom in to correct location on map.
1 Like

HI, just installed the app yesterday v 5.1.1, and it’s great! However under “Recently” There are hundreds of items listed from the app. It’s clogging it. I’ve set max users to 3 (there are 3 users set), and enabled incremental updates only.

My lock is called “Front Door” and I’ve named the app “Lock Codes”

The log continually repeats with:

Front Door

• Code 3 is not set
    Front Door
  • Code 3 is not set
    Lock Codes
    Front Door
  • Code 3 is not set
    Front Door
  • Code 3 is not set
    Lock Codes

… Repeat…

Code 3 is set. Any ideas?

I had the same issue once. Do not select incremental updates only until you see confirmation that all codes are set.

Thanks. All codes were set… I manually checked them. Just undid incremental updates, but now under recently it shows the same messages, but for all 3 codes

Ignore my last post, this message is what the lock is reporting back, just ignore it. The app first deletes all user codes and then programs the new ones. Sometimes the lock doesn’t need to delete it so it responds with user is not set. That just means that the code already exists and then it proceeds to program the new codes. If your codes are working fine, just ignore these messages.

Thanks. This happens even if incremental updates are turned on?

Yes that’s correct, to improve the speed and programming reliability the SmartApp uses two different techniques to program the lock. Incremental updates and comprehensive updates. The defacto is incremental updates. when you enable the incremental update option, it actually disables comprehensive updates. This message is coming while doing incremental updates (the code is not set because it’s already active). You can just ignore it if your codes are working.

Your site appears to be down right now. ETA on it coming back up?

It came back online last night. Sorry had an ISP outage.

Hi RBoy,

1st of all, great work on that smartapp! I got a lifetime access for your products.

I’ve got a Schlage BE469 lock and there’s 1 thing that isnt working with your app, it’s the “Unlock door if locked while open”. In fact, it worked 1 time when I first setup the app and never worked after that. I’ve got the latest code for the app and also got the latest version of the device handler. The open/close sensor if working just fine.

The autolock feature (within the app, it’s deactivated in the lock settings) is working great tho… Do you have any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks!

I’m having the same issue, As PhantomZ. Using the latest smarts apps, Lock Multi User Management with Unlock Notifications, Advanced Scheduling and Automatic Lock/Unlock, Schlage Lock Alarm Mode and Sensitivity Change and Monitor and device handler; Universal Z-Wave Lock with Yale/Schlage/Kwikset/IDLock Alarm, Notification and Advanced Features.

On Phone with Device settings if I have autolock on it works but of course sometimes locks while the door is open. If I turn it off in the phone app the door does not lock automatically even though the multi user app has it configured. Autolock was working prior to updates.

It’s an issue with the platform/hub. (see in the posts above). the issue is that either the hub isn’t communicating well with the lock so rapid commands in the mesh network are getting lost. Try to power cycle the hub/z-wave repair the network.
The other issue is the scheduler isn’t calling the timers to lock the lock. A look at live logging will confirm what issue you’re facing.

1 Like

Anyone tried this with ID lock? I consider buying one

@cscheiene is one user who’s using this with IDLock and thanks to his help we were able to get the Device Handler tested. There are a few others also. Make sure you’re using the Universal Z-Wave Lock DH to get the full functionality out of your IDLock.

Yes, Im using it with ID Lock. All the functions of the ID Lock is implemented if you use this smart app and the Universal Z-Wave Lock DH

Notification, running actions when mastercode/servicecode/RFID tags is used, changing codes etc works fine!

The only thing I can’t get to work is deleting codes. Not sure if this is a limitation with the ID Lock or a platform issue

1 Like