[OBSOLETE] Lock User Management (LUM)

Thanks very much for this app. Everything is installed and working, and I’m lovin’ it! I’m using an Unlock Action to disable SHM when our pet sitter comes/goes.

I was hoping to set up a Lock Action that would arm SHM along with the Yale feature that allows locking from the outside only with a code.

Is this in the app, or is there a way to accomplish this, and I’m just missing it? Ideally, the action would Arm (Away) when the user locks the door with a code IF everyone is away. If not, is it on your roadmap? It seems like it would be simple to create.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you, I went ahead and tried this. Its hard to see if this will solve it, since the event only occurs when the door is unlocked after dark, but I’ll keep my eye out to see if this solves it.

I’m not totally convinced its communications, because there are no other communication issues with the lock - I get all of the push notices when it is unlocked. Additionally, the distance to the door is less than 10 feet, and there’s a repeating switch within 2 feet of the lock.

But hopefully the reboot and zwave repair will solve the issue. I’ll keep an eye on it. Thanks

Yep, on popular request from users it’s being added and should be released today.

Fantastic! Thanks very much!!!

###Multi User Lock Code Management with Notifications and Actions - Version 4.5.0

• On popular request, added option to execute a routine when the Lock button on the external keypad of the lock is pressed. Each locks’s routine can be configured individually. This functionality only works if the lock supports it (e.g. Schalge BE469) and also requires the use of the Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock device handler version 2.9.0 or later

Thanks to DnCCrew for this step:

To set the hub Location, from smartphone app:

1. Clicked on the 3 lines (top right corner)
  1. Clicked on gear icon (top right)
  2. Click area that says “Tap to set where home is on the map” and zoom in to correct location on map.
3 Likes

###Multi User Lock Code Management with Notifications and Actions - Version 4.6.0

• On popular request, added option to execute a routine when the Lock button on the external keypad of the lock is pressed. Each locks’s routine can be configured individually.
  • Also added the ability to set individual actions when users use their codes to lock the door. e.g. Run Routine X when user 1 locks the door using their code and do nothing if user 2 locks using their code.
  • Also added the ability to display tamper notifications in addition to jammed and invalidCode notifications

This functionality only works if the lock supports user code locking/one touch locking via the keypad (e.g. Schalge BE469, Yale YRD220/240) and also requires the use of the [Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock] ([RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung) device handler version 2.10.1 or later

Thanks to DnCCrew for this step:

To set the hub Location, from smartphone app:

1. Clicked on the 3 lines (top right corner)
  1. Clicked on gear icon (top right)
  2. Click area that says “Tap to set where home is on the map” and zoom in to correct location on map.

EDIT: Please note this version has simplified the user interface, so please CHECK and VERIFY your notification settings. These are now on the first page under door lock/unlock actions.

1 Like

Using version 4.5 I was unsuccessful in getting my goodbye routine to run on locking the door of my schlage be469

EDIT: I went to update to 4.6 and latest DTH and received an error when updating the DTH that last attempt did not update correctly.

I assume this is why the function was not working correctly.

With version 4.6 I have a question…

I see that the “Run routine on user lock” has both general settings and individual settings per user.

NICE!!!

The verbiage used is the same for both, however. Both say “can be locked outside with user codes”

Is keying your user code 1st then selecting the Schalge button how the function is supposed to work both scenarios?

Can we not just set a door to run a routine when selecting the Schlage button?

I hope that question made sense.

1 Like

I have the Schlage Connect lock. I created 6 different users and codes for each of them. First step I took was to delete all existing codes, then changed to the code length from 4 to 6 digits. I’m keeping getting Code x is not set and the codes won’t work. I can lock and unlock using the Smartthings which tells me the lock is talking to the hub.

UPDATE: never mind, it is working now

1 Like

Yeah, I’m learning to be patient with Z-Wave

1 Like

Yes that’s what we’ve been spending considerable time planning and trying to implement in the simplest/easiest manner possible.
Both Schlage and Yale have two modes of operations:

1. Press the button the keypad and it locks the door (no code required, Schlage calls this lock and leave and Yale calls it One Touch Lock)
  2. The user needs to enter the code and then press the button to lock the door

The new Z-Wave Enhanced Lock DH now support both these modes and this smartapp can process both modes. Depending on how you’re configured your lock you can correspondingly configure your SmartApp.

If the SmartApp detects from the DH that a code was used to lock it’ll look for the user specific routine if configured or fall back to the generic whole app routine for external lock.
If the SmartApp detects that no code was used (One Touch/Lock & Leave) then it looks for the generic whole app routine to run.

Does that help? Is the functionality confusing, we’re open to feedback on how to make it easier.

EDIT: I know many folks prefer to use the stock DH but since the stock DH has a few bugs in this area they will need to update to the custom DH to use these features, however we’ll work with ST to reverse integrate some of these bug fixes and features back into the stock DH so that the basic functionality of user codes lock and external lock events can be used.

I figured it was this way…which is why I thought it was so freaking sweet!

I do not find it confusing; however, might I propose a verbiage change within the app so that both scenarios don’t state that the code is required?

1 Like

Thanks will be improved in 4.6.1

1 Like

@RBoy

I am a brand new lifetime subscriber!

Thank you for the awesome work. The option “Unlock door if locked while open” does not work for me…

I am using this lock:

http://www.lowes.com/pd/Schlage-Connect-Camelot-Aged-Bronze-Single-Cylinder-Motorized-Touchscreen-Electronic-Entry-Door-Deadbolt-with-Keypad/4438293

Please advise…

1 Like

That’s usually due to a z-wave communication issue or platform issue. It uses a 3 second timer to relock the door, you would need to look at your smartapp logs to see if the timer was executed by the platform and if so (likely) then did the lock respond to it (possibly the issue). Try to reboot your ST hub and do a Z-Wave Repair and most of the time that fixes the communication issue (assuming your lock is within good range of the hub)

1 Like

Here is my log:

905417b5-d24e-42dc-8d28-26cfd3a153f7 2:37:01 PM: trace Pending immediate door locks []
905417b5-d24e-42dc-8d28-26cfd3a153f7 2:36:57 PM: trace Added Entry Lock id 531f04e3-495f-4b5d-bfb9-4a698d79b895 back to unprocessed locks list [531f04e3-495f-4b5d-bfb9-4a698d79b895]
905417b5-d24e-42dc-8d28-26cfd3a153f7 2:36:57 PM: trace Entry Lock id 531f04e3-495f-4b5d-bfb9-4a698d79b895 code check complete, unprocessed locks [], reset next code update to 1
905417b5-d24e-42dc-8d28-26cfd3a153f7 2:36:57 PM: debug Entry Lock Scheduled user 2 Devon is already active, not adding again
905417b5-d24e-42dc-8d28-26cfd3a153f7 2:36:57 PM: debug Within operating schedule
905417b5-d24e-42dc-8d28-26cfd3a153f7 2:36:57 PM: debug Operating DOW(s): [All Week]
905417b5-d24e-42dc-8d28-26cfd3a153f7 2:36:57 PM: debug Operating 2016-07-09T10:00:51.000-0400 10:00 EDT, 2016-07-09T17:00:51.000-0400 17:00 EDT
905417b5-d24e-42dc-8d28-26cfd3a153f7 2:36:57 PM: debug Current time: Thu Jul 14 2016 14:36 EDT
905417b5-d24e-42dc-8d28-26cfd3a153f7 2:36:57 PM: debug Checking operating schedule A for user 2
905417b5-d24e-42dc-8d28-26cfd3a153f7 2:36:57 PM: trace ST Cloud status for code 2 on Entry Lock
905417b5-d24e-42dc-8d28-26cfd3a153f7 2:36:57 PM: debug Entry Lock User 1 Arnaud is a permanent code and is already active
905417b5-d24e-42dc-8d28-26cfd3a153f7 2:36:57 PM: trace ST Cloud status for code 1 on Entry Lock
905417b5-d24e-42dc-8d28-26cfd3a153f7 2:36:57 PM: trace If you’re seeing this every few minutes, then ST is alive and kicking - ST cloud codes status for Entry Lock
905417b5-d24e-42dc-8d28-26cfd3a153f7 2:36:57 PM: trace The date/time on the hub now is Thu Jul 14 2016 14:36 EDT

Unlock does not execute properly…

I don’t recommend posting logs on the forum due to security issues. Please PM to me.

I don’t see any door open sensor event. Have you installed a door sensor and configured it with the app? If so PM me the logs when you open the door.

How do i “PM” you?

Click on my name and hit message :slight_smile:

@RBoy

Hello again, i am using 2 different Z-Wave locks with your:
Universal Z-Wave Lock With Alarms for Schlage, Yale and Kwikset latest version

I am using this device handler in conjunction with:
Lock multi user code management with notifications and automatic relock latest version

After rebooting my hub an repairing my zwave network, I get the 2 following problems:

• Locks don’t automatically re-lock X minutes after the door closes
  • Locks don’t unlock when the doors are open and the locks unlock

Also, i want **Lock multi user code management with notifications and automatic re-lock ** to manage the locking of my locks and not the device itself.

Please let me know…