[OBSOLETE] Lock User Management (LUM)

Just as an update @jhamstead suggested I try the (un)official SmartThings DH located here:

It seems to work without issue. However, it seems to cause an error in your smartapp:

3:16:25 PM: error java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: “1 changed”

I assume it should be pretty easy to replicate.

This SmartApp is currently designed to work with the the official handler from SmartThings. As you can see the above handler is under development and we are in communication with SmartThings on it (and other new upcoming handlers). Once they officially release it we will release an update to the SmartApp to be compatible with the new official Handlers.

Current the SmartApp works with the following Handlers:

1. Official SmartThings Z-Wave handler
  2. Universal Enhanced Z-Wave handler (for additional features)
  3. @jhamstead ZigBee handler (pending an official release from SmartThings for a ZigBee handler)

Meanwhile for your ZigBee issue I would recommend going back to @jhamstead ZigBee handler. I assume it was working until recently so something might have changed. There are a few things you can try:

1. One of the existing codes are conflicting with the lock. Locks have code limitations, for e.g. Some locks do not accept codes who’s first four or six digits match the master code or programming code. Similarly No two codes can be the same, sometimes the hash values of the code conflict causing the lock to reject the code. I would suggest try a different set of codes if one or two particular codes are giving trouble.
  2. Do a clean setup, maybe something went wrong with the database or association. Exclude the lock, reset it, reboot the hub, repair it and run the clear codes procedure listed on our website for a fresh start.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

I’m in contact with him and just sent him over some additional logs this morning. The problem is that he doesn’t have a Kwikset lock to test with, and I need to be able to add more codes.

In the meantime, it seems to work with the ST DH. Other than it’s clearly under pretty heavy development, is there any reason I shouldn’t use it?

I would like my front door lock to control my Ecobee thermostat.

For example:
Door unlocked -> Ecobee changed to “Home” mode
Door locked from keypad -> Ecobee changed to “Away” mode

is there a way to do that?

I kept playing with the settings yesterday, without luck.
I am able to use the Rboy app to change the Thermostat temperature. However what I would really want is to change the Thermostat mode (Home/Away/Sleep) while leaving the temperature as it was programmed

The Ecobee thermostat appears to have custom modes which isn’t part of the most thermostat standards (auto/cool/heat etc).

I would recommend setting up a simple CoRE rule that runs an action when it detects a lock or unlock event (with the Universal Enhanced Z-Wave lock device handler you can also identify the source, keypad etc) and then send a custom command to the thermostat to change it’s mode.

1 Like

On popular request:

Door Lock Code Multi User Management with Notifications and Actions - Version 05.10.00

• Added support for arming Smart Home Monitor (SHM) as part of the Lock actions
  • Added support for Delay Actions, when locked via the Keypad, you can now have the system wait before running actions (allows for folks to exit the house before arming the security system or turning off lights, etc)

Lock User Management is the most reliable and comprehensive commercial grade User Management SmartApp with many (unique) features:

• Unlimited users and locks
  • Works with the built in SmartThings device handler
  • Easy and intuitive setup
  • Sure-Programming engine: verifies that programming was successful
  • Support for different types of locks (keypad, bluetooth, RFID, etc)
  • Define custom individual Unlock AND Lock actions for users such as:
    • Exit delay actions (wait for X minutes before running actions)
    • Running routines
    • Changing modes
    • Arming/Disarming SHM
    • Turning on lights if it’s dark outside
    • Turning on/off switches
    • Define rules when to run and not run actions
    • Notifications on type of lock/unlock (manual, code, keypad, bluetooth, rfid etc)
  • Define Door Open/Close actions such as
    • Automatically relocking the door when it’s closed
    • Automatically unlocking the deadbolt if it’s extended, while door is open
    • Ringing chimes when door is opened
    • Notifications if door is left open
    • Define actions for each door separately
  • Multiple types of users such as permanent, one time, expiration (start and end date/time), scheduled (daily/weekly etc) with multiple schedules per user, presence based, mode based and many more
  • Lots of built in safety mechanisms to ensure users have a reliable experience
  • and lots more…

Some of the advanced features require use of the Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock device handler (the app will notify you when required), most features are available with the stock SmartThings Z-Wave device handler.

If you’re using a ZigBee lock, we recommend the awesome Universal ZigBee Lock device handler from @jhamstead

Some examples of how folks are using this app:

1. I give my landlord an access code for the lock but I want it disabled when I’m at home (presence based users)
  2. When my children are at home and the parents aren’t home, then allow the babysitter’s code to work (presence based users)
  3. When we’re away, allow my neighbor’s code to work (mode based users)
  4. I can schedule a code for my nanny with multiple schedules per day (morning and evening)
  5. I can program ahead for my vacation rental properties with a start and end date/time for my guests

Copyright (c) RBoy Apps

1 Like

This app just chugs along and I don’t need to get involved. A credit to it’s quality.

That is until I need to update it. I decided to update the custom device handler (3.5.1) and the latest Smartapp (5.10). I followed the directions but when opening the Smartapp on my phone and then saving I get the error “Error saving page”. No details so I don’t know how to fix. This has happened to me before but it somehow fixed it self.

Any ideas.

I do see this in the log in the IDE:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Command ‘setCode’ is not supported by device ac7bb006-70f5-4d0c-b1b6-697ebf26d9ca of type ‘Door lock code user management with notifications and automatic relock’. Supported commands:

Edit - FWIW, my two locks have also disappeared from my ST app, they still exist in the IDE.[]

2 Likes

What this message is saying is that your locks either don’t exist or they are using the wrong device handlers. Check your lock setup, it isn’t using either the stock st zwave lock device handler or the universal zwave lock device handler.

The locks disappeared from the app, but they exist in the IDE and have the type
"Door lock code user management with notifications and automatic relock"

Both devices show correct recent activity in the IDE.

When editing the App on my phone, I can select both locks.

When you open the device in IDE, what does it show for Type? It should look similar to this:

1 Like

Sigh - Sadly, another user error. I mixed up my windows and published the
smartapp code as a device handler. When I did things correctly, it worked
correctly - DUH.

Thanks for your help.

3 Likes

If I had a nickel for every time that happened…I’d have about $1.45.

1 Like

Is it possible to get the current device and app versions printed on your web page? I would like to just be able to quickly tell if I’m on the current one without logging into this or your web site/

If you leave this option turned off, you will receive notifications when there is a new release available:

Yeah I know but I’ll keep receiving them until I update.

That let’s you know that you are not on the current version though and that is what you were looking for.

The notification tells you what version is available and if you open your app in ST you can quickly see the version you are running.

@RBoy

Speaking of versions and updating of Device Handlers and SmartApps. Obviously the way it’s done now and being able to keep the code as locked up as possible and only available to those that have paid their subscription/donation is fine, but have you ever thought about doing something where all of this could be made available via GitHub and your SmartApps require some sort of authentication code when they are installed in SmartThings that has to be entered and maybe associated to a code stored in each person’s account on RBoy apps? This would definitely make life so much easier to be able to update via the repository and also would address the question I replied to earlier. Just a thought in moving forward.

A second question. Does your website allow for us to change our password on our own? If so, I couldn’t find it. I have the original user/pwd that was given to me and from a security standpoint, I would think everyone would be able to change their passwords. Maybe I just missed it navigating through the site.

@RBoy I installed tonight with a Schlage Connect. Also using the Enhanced Z-Wave DH, however, on the device detail screen, I just see a bunch of blank tiles, with the exception of “Lock”, “Unlock” and “Battery”. Is this correct? Device has the proper type and MSR is also populated. What am I missing here?

Can you validate the device in IDE that it is using “Universal Z-Wave Lock With Alarms” for the Type?

I have Yale’s but I would figure your screen would look similar give or take different function options:

1 Like

That’s correct. The type is “Universal Z-Wave Lock With Alarms”