[OBSOLETE] Lock User Management (LUM)

You can read the attributes for allowed pin length in ZigBee and I can report it but have it commented out. I didn’t realize it was used by your SmartApp. What attribute names do you use?

//attribute "numPINUsers", "number"
    //attribute "maxPINLength", "number"
    //attribute "minPINLength", "number"
1 Like

@RBoy Ill be! I add it another repeater and the damn lock gets all the codes now… Ugh! This Z-Wave mesh can be so sensitive!!!
LOL

Thanks again!

1 Like

I changed the DTH to zwave lock with codes and it is reporting manual deadbolt lock and unlock. Changed it back and nothing. So weird.

Now my Kwikset lock is showing as online and health is showing healthy but the app is showing the door as unlocked but its not. no response to any controls(unlock or lock) but the hub is recognizing and logging the lock activity when manually unlocked/locked.

I have tried to run a zwave repair and get the following:
Network repair for Front Door Lock [03]: Failed to update route

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

Folks, I would request you to not post the logs on the forum directly, it’s not very readable and makes the thread hard to navigate. Plus these logs may contains sensitive things like codes etc which you would not want to share with the community :slight_smile:

Please feel free to eMail us, we have an excellent and responsive support team or you can PM the logs to me and we will get back to you. Thanks.

1 Like

You lock has likely lost the connection with the hub, you will need to exclude and repair your lock again. You can post DTH/lock related questions on this thread:

You’re absolutely welcome, the mesh is very tricky thing and causes headaches which manifest themselves in lots of different ways. Almost 99% of all issues we get are to do with mesh problems :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@rboy I went ahead and started my conversation in the other thread.

1 Like

I was originally planning to place my ST hub right by my router since it needs the Ethernet connection, but after reading so much about interference and the important of a good mesh etc, how detremental to either my wifi network (both 2.4 and 5ghz) and zigbee/zwave signal health will placing these two so close be?

1 Like

I will let @JDRoberts take this one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Read post 11 in the following FAQ thread, and then read the whole thread. It should answer your questions. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Got it, thanks. I’ll keep it about 10feet away, I have a side table I should be able to place ST on, router is hidden behind couch.

1 Like

@RBoy

Will it be possible to add the capability/feature to unlock on arrival/phone presence and only begin the door relocking timer once the door has been opened.

This should be possible with webcore; Just adding backlog items unnecessarily:) to your app, seems to be more snappy.

I rebooted my smartthings hub and all is good. Sometimes the simple soultions are the best

1 Like

Yes this is in the works for the next major release.

2 Likes

How often does this overwrite the codes? One of my locks is on the outer edges of range and if it has to write codes often I’ll need to take that into account.

It overwrites all codes when you click Done for security reasons. You need to ensure that you lock is within 10-15ft of a repeater for optimal performance.

1 Like

Old quote, but wondering if the multiple schedules is close to being released? Would really help with the dog walkers!

For the one time use option, does the app actually delete the code from the lock as soon as it’s been used? If so, wouldn’t the hub need to be within whisper range?

It was released quite some time ago, you can have upto 3 schedules per user now. See these release notes

Yes it removes the user from the lock after it’s been used.

No, the lock just needs to be communicating reliably with the Z-Wave network. It should within about 15 feet of a z-wave repeater ideally for a strong signal mesh.

3 Likes

Notifications are no longer showing ‘who’ unlocked door. Now it just say door was unlocked electronically. I’m using Prior version rather than version released hours ago. Also using universal (rboy) device handler. Logs do show user 1, user 2 in activity on the mobile app. Just not verbose notifications. Any ideas?