[OBSOLETE] Lock User Management (LUM)

That did the trick! Good work!

2 Likes

@RBoy

Love the new 7.0 version! Need to ask for a request. I really like the automation of arming/disarming SHM. My only issue is that we canā€™t use Away mode due to dogs. When we travel with the dogs we leverage away mode. Can you make this an option for people to choose either stay or away verses away being the only option?

1 Like

I have 2 locks, Schlage BE468 & BE469.

In my notifications tab, the SmartApp keeps sending ā€œsent setCodeCommand to Front Door Lockā€ every minute. The Front Door Lock is the BE469. Iā€™m not getting the same notifications for the Garage Door Lock, which is the BE468.

I have the latest versions of the SmartApp and Device Handler. Is this a bug or expected behavior?

Thanks

Neither, itā€™s an issue with your ST account or the lock mesh. The platform was facing problems with notification for some apps last week. The solution was to remove your contacts and notifications from the SmartApps and re add them. If itā€™s a mesh issue then your notifications arenā€™t reaching the hub and hence not being sent out. If the notifications are being received for one lock and not the other, the issue is the z-wave mesh. The lock should be no further than about 20ft from the nearest z-wave repeater for a good mesh. Always a good practice to reboot the hub and do a z-wave repair after adding devices to the mesh or when thereā€™s trouble with the mesh.

Sure, please send in your request to our support team and weā€™ll put it on the feature list.

Strange, i know the zwave network worksā€¦ i can easily lock and unlock without any delays. I have approx 20 repeaters (light switches) nicely laid out around the house.

Up until yesterday i wasnā€™t using the smartapp, only the DH. Yesterday i decided to switch to the SmartApp for advanced user management, then started receiving this error. Here are the notifications:

I tried rebooting the hub and also power cycling the lock (removing the batteries for a few seconds)ā€¦ still getting the same notification messages. Any logs that i can send you? Thanks for the quick response!

I donā€™t see any errors, itā€™s just saying that the app is sending the program codes to the lock. If itā€™s retrying multiple times it indicates that your lock database is corrupted or is having trouble with mesh (since it looks like you have a good number of repeaters, just do a Z-Wave repair for good measure).

The app will detect the issue with the lock and automatically stop by itself after it retries a couple of times but it indicates an underlying issue with your lock setup. You may want to run the ā€œclear codesā€ procedure listed on our website to clear / reset the lock database.

Ok, iā€™ll try everything you advised and report back. Should i simply clear the codes as per the procedure or also factory reset the lock from the touch pad menu?

*update * I ended up resetting both the lock from the keypad & executing the clear codes procedure, and so far so good. I guess you were correctā€¦ the database was corrupted. Thanks so much for the help!

One last quick question, is the open\close sensor supposed to work with the Schlage BE468/469? I tried setting a notification after the door was open for 5 minutes, but it doesnā€™t work. Iā€™m assuming you need an actual open\close sensor on the door and select that? If thatā€™s the case, i would remove the open/closed sensor capability from the Schlage DH.

Done in the 07.01.01 version

1 Like

RBoy,

First and foremost - awesome development youā€™re doing and your apps have been very reliable and have made our vacation rental management so easy.

Iā€™ve been using the Smart Door Lock app for 4 or 5 months now and it works great. I like the revised layout for V 7 as itā€™s all on one page and more user friendly. I also noticed with V 6 I donā€™t get loops with the smart lock trying to program codes over and over. In previous versions I would have to clear all codes, wait a few minutes, and then reprogram all to fix it but it came back sometimes when changing or adding users. So great support so far keeping this updated.

I use this for an AirBNB nightly rental. We have a property manager working with us and having the smart app integrate with AirBNB to automatically program a scheduled code based on guest booking(s) would be amazing. I know there are some locks like August, Resortlock, etc. that can connect with AirBNBā€™s platform/API to automate access for guests. I would love to see some sort of integration on this frontā€¦ If you can figure this out it would be an amazing enhancement and I think youā€™ll gain a ton more customers and following in this nightly rental space as itā€™s been continuing to blow up.

Also, having a PC/web interface to program codes, etc. would be nice for a property manager VS using the smartphone app only. Not sure if this would be a Samsung SmartThings initiative or something that you could develop.

Finally one simple ask that Iā€™ve sent to support is if we can have the ā€œnotify on useā€ option for a particular code changed to Notify On Use with an option to Notify Only on First Use (or maybe first XX number of uses to make it even more customizable). For nightly rentals this would be great to setup a scheduled code and then notify us when they first enter/use the code so we know they have arrived and we donā€™t want to continue seeing notifications on each lock/relock as it gets annoying. Currently we have to log into the code management and disable the push notification manually.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, we have a lot of these on our queue already for future releases. Please do re-send in your requests via email to our support desk so we can log them and prioritize them based on requests.

We have the exact same use caseā€¦ we use VRBO/HomeAway thoughā€¦ they too have an API that a couple of vendors supportā€¦ would be awesome to get this from RBoy!

1 Like

Just emailed support on this but figured I may get a reply from someone else faster here. I upgraded to V 7.01.01 the other day and all was working fine for a few days. I moved to the Z-wave universal lock w/ alarms device handler and I went to change one of the user codes of the 4 we had set, and hit save, it failed. Now when I go into configure users screen I get ā€œSomethingā€™s Wrongā€ We Canā€™t load your screen right now message. The only way I can see the code screens again is if I change number of user codes to 1 and then I can change and modify the 1 entry but as soon as I change it to 2 or more codes, I get that error again.

Iā€™ve tried the clear codes procedure to no avail, the same issue persists as soon as I try to add more than 1 user code I get the somethingā€™s wrong screen.

Fixed. I had to uninstall the smartapp from the management page on the smartthings api side and then reinstall it and it fixed itself.

1 Like

Just responded to someone else on another topic:

If SmartApps suddenly start giving trouble itā€™s usually a platform issue, typically things like unable to save or load. Give it some time and things will settle down, peak user times the platform tends to slow down/timeout and throw errors.

If you donā€™t want to wait, try to uninstall and reinstall the app. It just depends on which cloud server your app is running and if that server is having trouble. When you uninstall and reinstall sometimes it runs on a different server and the problems fix themselves.

Weā€™re looking for testers for the AirBnB integration with Lock Code User Management. If anyoneā€™s interested please send an email to our support team and also mention which country you will be using it in.

UPDATE: Our USA slots are full, we have limited slots for AirBnB/VRBO/Homeaway properties outside the USA

3 Likes

Hey thereā€¦I do not see this change in the latest 07.01.03 code. :frowning: Still only allows you to auto arm for Away.

Keypad Lock actions -> Select the option to Arm SHM to Away and then it will show you the option to Arm to Home instead of Away.

Very nice! Thank you!!

1 Like

@RBoy Iā€™m noticing this issue after reinstalling one of my kwikset zwave door locks. Can you or someone help to elaborate on what it means.

This is being sent every minute
"Lock multi user code management with notifications and automatic relock sent setCode command to Backdoor"

FYI - the lock works fine and all my codes work. Just not sure what this message is trying to tell me.