[OBSOLETE] Dome Siren (Official)

If you’re using SHM to trigger it, there’s a setting for automatically turning it off. What do you have that set to?

If you trigger it using the alarm tile does it work as expected or are you having the same problem?

Hello, I have everything setup and it works fine, but I have one door I want to beep once and another I want to beep twice when a sensor opens. On the app if I hit chime or bell 1 it always does just one beep or chime. The problem I’m having is occasionally the beep once will beep 2 times and sometimes the chime will chime more than once. Nothing is set to repeat or anything. It just sometimes does. So it’s hard to know what door actually opened. Is anyone else having this issue?

It’s a known problem with the device. Some users have better luck using Speaker Companion to play the sound instead of SHM.

I am on both of mine, but I worked around this problem by telling my SHM rule to do this only once within 1 minute: (this seems to be working so far)

Thanks Kevin, that makes me feel better. Thought I was doing something wrong.

Thanks John, I will try this. Does this mean if the door opened more than once in a minute it wouldn’t make noise after the first time?

Yup, that’s correct.

It’s most likely a coincidence. The logging information shows that ST is only executing the command once…

I’ve watched it with a z-wave sniffer and the device doesn’t immediately acknowledge the first z-wave command so the hub sends it multiple times and there seems to be a timing issue where the either the hub sends an additional command after it’s been acknowledged and/or the device executes multiple commands even though it only acknowledged one.

I’ve seen the same behavior with other beaming devices and with different platforms.

After the initial command is finally acknowledged the device immediately acknowledges the following commands so I might be able to solve the problem by requesting a report before playing the sound, but that would cause an extra delay.

1 Like

Yeah, that wouldn’t surprise me at all. Thanks for the reply Kevin. I haven’t taken the time (or have the tools like you) to further investigate.

My workaround was a direct result of my wife telling me to fix it or throw it away… :wink:

1 Like

I have the Dome Siren setup but when I use Speaker Companion or Button Controller, I can’t seem to select all the chimes I need to enable the chime I want to hear.

I’m using a button as a door bell since I have a Nest high end camera with audio at my front door.

How can I set up a quick 5-10 second beep for a door bell when the button is pushed?

Currently it goes off for 30 seconds and won’t allow me the full range of Beeps and Bells. TIA

In Speaker Companion select the device as an audio device, choose “Custom Message”, and then enter the sound number. (1 - 10)

This device only comes with 10 and I think I couple of the chimes are 5-10 seconds or you could use the repeat setting to make the beep play multiple times.

I just received my Dome siren and set it up using device handler v1.2.3.

I set a 15 second delay for the alarm with “Alarm Delay Beep” ON. Then using SHM to trigger the alarm, I open a door and hear the alarm delay beep a few times but then it stops. The Dome Siren device status then remains stuck on “Alarm Pending” for nearly 3 minutes minutes before the alarm finally sounds. If I turn off the Alarm Delay feature the alarm will sound immediately when a Open/Close sensor is triggered.

What could be causing this much longer than configured pause?

That’s a simulated feature that uses SmartThings scheduling so the how long it actually takes to turn on will very, but not by that much.

If you turn the beep option off does the delay work as expected?

Yes if I turn off the delay the alarm sounds immediately, as expected. It’s just when the delay is engaged it pauses forever instead of for 15 seconds, and the warning beeps stop after about 5 seconds.

If I remember correctly, there’s an option for delayed alarm and an option for beeping during the delay. Turn off the beeping option only and see if the delay feature works as expected.

1 Like

When I open the Dome Siren in the ST app, the only options it gives me are to turn the siren on/off, a refresh button, battery usage, and a “Configure” button. The configure button does nothing when I click on it.

Any suggestions?

1 Like

Which device handler are you using? The one posted here? If so, did you remember to edit the device in the IDE and change Type to the DTH you created?

1 Like

Is there any way to change the alarm length shorter than 30 seconds?

No, that’s a hardware setting and those are the only options.

Hi @krlaframboise, looking for suggestions on how to further debug a weird situation with both Dome sirens.

Neither Dome will sound with chimes (1,2,3) or bells (1,2,3,4,5) or sirens (1, 2) when tapping on those individual tiles. The Domes just work when tapping on the main tile. I can see in the event log and live logging that the commands are being sent, but the Domes are only working with the main tile.

I would like to avoid removing/rejoin these because I have them integrated quite a bit. It’s odd that both Domes are doing this, so it seems unlikely it’s a hardware issue (I hope at least).

Any ideas?