[RELEASE] Dome Siren (Official)

try using an icnognito browser window when updating the device type

Kevin,

Will the device handler for the Dome Siren ever be available in the New ST App? if not, are you aware of any smart siren that has similar functionality, meaning can work both as a siren and as a door chime when the motion is detected or someone opens a door open/close sensor?

Thanks!

@Bud_M I edited your post because we don’t allow signatures.

Thanks Jody. Sorry about that.

The UI might not work well in the new mobile app, but you should still be able to use it as a siren and door chime in the smartapps.

Thank you Kevin

Just noticed that my Dome UI is stuck on Alarm Pending. Can’t clear that status, and can’t trigger the dome through the UI either. Dome is still working fine but the UI is unusable. Tried to swap the device handler without any success. Does anybody has any idea how to tackle that issue? I’d like to avoid removing the device and adding it back as it is used in various places and it would be a pain to setup again.

Thanks!

Have you tried tapping off? Which mobile app are you using?

Tried pressing all buttons including off. Message disappears but comes right back after a refresh. I’m using an iPhone.

and I’m still using the classic app.

Try replacing the batteries

Do you have the delayed alarm setting enabled?

Yes, I do. But everything works fine for years. I’ll try disabling it any way. Battery shows 33%, no sure how accurate that is but I could try to replacing it too.

So being a nube it took me forever to figure out going into the IDE and editing the device. It was only explained like 20 times here so I felt dumb when I scrolled down and saw the edit button.

Anyways I finally got the correct list of chimes and alarms. Now Im trying to implement this with my skybell to chime when someone hits the button. The instructions say use “speaker notify with sound” but it looks like that smart app is no more? I also went into the security smartapp but I dont see any way there to access my doorbell. Any new options??

I think it was renamed to speaker companion.

Just noticed that my Dome UI is stuck on Alarm Pending. Can’t clear that status, and can’t trigger the dome through the UI either. Dome is still working fine but the UI is unusable. Tried to swap the device handler without any success. Does anybody has any idea how to tackle that issue? I’d like to avoid removing the device and adding it back as it is used in various places and it would be a pain to setup again.

Changed batteries and everything is working as expected…

1 Like

Mine behaves the same way.
Since I use this as a door chime in my house I’ve gone through 2 sets of batteries. Both times they reported not close to dead. But a battery change fixed all. I’m using streamlight batteries from amazon. They prolly are fakes but I was curious what batteries you used.

I used PkCell from Amazon too. $7 for 2. We’ll see how long they last.

Was it reporting lower battery levels before that happened or was it not reporting the battery level?

I think the one time it was like 70 something. And the other time it was like 50 something if I remember correctly.
Right now it’s reporting 86%