SmartThings Community

[RELEASE] Dome Mouser (Official)

dth_sensors
dth_appliances
project_animals
(Eric) #75

thanks - good to know - so 5x NIMH ought to do it.

0 Likes

(Brian) #76

Ok - props to Dome. I wrote to Dome via the ‘Contact Us’ option on their site. I explained the issue and linked this thread in the response. Within an hour I had a responses asking for proof of purchase and address. Within an hour of my reply they’ve shipped a replacement and provided a prepaid tag to ship the faulty unit back.

2 Likes

(Jeffrey) #77

How is everyone’s use of this?

My first night I caught a mouse. Now it’s been a month and I have had two “trips” but no cooked mouse. Not sure if it’s the unit or they aren’t on it long enough?

Wondering if it’s smartthings or small mice that aren’t hitting both plates long enough. The first one it killed was quite small

1 Like

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #78

When tripped, the unit itself will have it’s LED flash (for the duration you can set in the configuration options… I think the default is 24 hours).

If the LED is flashing, then the unit genuinely tripped, and it is not a SmartThings issue.

I have had only 1 “false alarm” … indeed, the unit LED was flashing. I figured it was either a very fast mouse (there is a slight delay for - safety?), or perhaps an insect or other ghost trigger.

1 Like

(Jeffrey) #79

Yes I believe the LED was flashing both times so it looked legit.

I think they are just very small and don’t always touch both pads

1 Like

(Kevin) #80

I learned the hard way that you don’t have to touch both pads to trigger it and once triggered, it sometimes takes 3-4 seconds to start zapping. The mouse is probably going in and out of it too quickly so try using bait that they can’t grab and run.

1 Like

(Hemant Gupta) #81

Why does mine keep tripping? I bought 4 and they all trip regularly without any mice being caught.

0 Likes

(Kevin) #82

There’s a 2 second delay so try using bait that the mouse can’t quickly grab and run off with.

0 Likes

(David Mellow) #83

Wondering if anyone can help me. I have the smartthings adt hub that I’m trying to us a dome mouser with. I can’t seem to figure out how to get notifications.

0 Likes

(Jimmy) #84

You need to install the custom handler first. Then you can use Smsrt Home Monitor custom in the classic app for an alert.

0 Likes

(David Mellow) #85

dont know how to do that.

0 Likes

(Jimmy) #86
3 Likes

(David Mellow) #87

tried that. I guess Im doing something wrong.

0 Likes

(Kevin) #88

After installing and publishing the code, did you edit the device in the IDE and change the Type field to Dome Mouser?

1 Like

(David Mellow) #89

yes, I did. Its odd. When I first paired the mouser, two devices came up. A motion and a contact sensor. I removed both and tried again. Still can’t get it to work.

0 Likes

(Kevin) #90

I’ve never seen that happen before with any device…

Are you using the classic mobile app?

0 Likes

(David Mellow) #91

yes I have

0 Likes

(Kevin) #92

You could try removing all instances of the device, rebooting your hub, factory resetting the device (instructions should be manual), and then try joining it again.

0 Likes

(Jimmy) #93

Try re-publishing the device handler too.

0 Likes

(David Mellow) #94

I think my mistake is with the publishing. I am NOT very literate with this stuff.

0 Likes