[RELEASE] Daikin WiFi Split System v1.4.1

I lost my Smartthings Thermostats when my HVAC was upgraded. I’ve now joined the Daikin world and have Daikin Cloud Wifi Controllers installed (Model ESP-WROOM-32 and described as Airzone AZAI6WSCDKA). I tried the Device Handler above and set up the devices. I get an error in the Smartthings app that says it’s offline and everything reads 0. Do you know if this works with the Cloud Wifi Controller and if so…any advice for me?

I’m looking to purchase a wifi adapter for my daikin mini split. Before I get it, can anyone confirm it’s working in the new app. It looks like Ben is not supporting it anymore. I’m just not sure if I should get the wifi adapter because I’m going to need six or maybe one of the other devices that control through ir commands
Thanks
Dom

I couldn’t even find Daikin Wifi in device list. Seems like this is not supported anymore.

It’s all the way at the bottom, not with the other D’s. It works, but not fully. Missing lots of options.

Just got mine installed. The app still works, but not fully-featured. Lots of things that I see code for don’t appear in the app. Just set it up today so not completely sure what all it can do, but it can definitely turn the thing on and off, heat/cool, etc. I’m thinking about maybe trying to update it myself since I really like the idea of it. I think the bones are there and it just needs some tweaks.

1 Like

Did you go into the settings and set up the IP address, etc? You have to manually set IP address to communicate with it. Just got mine installed & working today.

New firmware 3.8.8.

Were you lucky updating the app? :slight_smile:

Hello all, I had just purchased 2 sets of Daikin system-3 and will be eager to see how it can be integrated into SmartThings.

• DAIKIN A/C CU MKS65TVMGR410 x1
  • DAIKIN A/C FCU CTKS25TVMG R410 x2
  • DAIKIN A/C FCU CTKS35TVMG R410 x1
  • DAIKIN A/C CU MKS80TVMGR410 x1
  • DAIKIN A/C FCU CTKS25TVMG R410 x1
  • DAIKIN A/C FCU CTKS35TVMG R410 x1
  • DAIKIN A/C FCU CTKS71TVMG R410 x1

Daikin is using its own iSmile and also D’SmartHome apps, not sure how much can SmartThings do.

Yes I’ve been waiting for an update on this integration but unfortunately i don’t have the knowledge to create one myself. :frowning: Its missing some controls on the latest Smartthings app. It was great on the previous Smartthings classic though.

It will be nice if the previous version will still work with the basic controls. Wonder if anyone in here can help.

Yes the basic controls works fine. You just need to follow the steps on the initial post. It basically connects with the IP.

1 Like

Hi guys!

I know it has been some time since anybody posted anything for this DHT, but I thought I give it a try.

Since the last Smartthings App update, I noticed that I cannot change the temperature of my aircon using this DHT.
Error: “A network or server error occurred. Try again later.”

Of course, later does not work…

Using Alexa (thorugh ST) can be used succesfully to change the temperature.
Btw, I tried on both iOS and Android version of the app…

Do you experience the same behaivour?Let me know if you have any trick.
Is there any possibility of viewing the backend logs, like what error is behind this meaningless error?

Thank you,
Vlad

1 Like

Friends…what is going to happen in september???

1 Like

It would most probably stop working? Someone will have to port this to a new Edge driver