[OBSOLETE] D-Link Camera Manager (Connect) [Requires Classic App]

Did you manage to get the DCS-936L working?

Unfortunately, no.

1 Like

@blebson is it possible to get support? The 936L is a perfect fit for me and has good pricing in my region, would love if I could integrate it :slight_smile: I could assist in any way I can (if/when I get it)

There is probably a way to get it to work but I donā€™t have one to test. If you get one you can try installing it with the DCS-934L or DCS-942L DTH and see if it works or not.

Hi. Iā€™ve tried downloading the manager but it wonā€™t show up in my Smart apps. Ive followed the install to these letter. It says itā€™s published ok but just doesnā€™t appear. If I try to connect manually via ST it wonā€™t even find my 5222. Has anyone managed to get any d-link cameras working in the UK with ST?

Are you sure you installed the SmartApps and all Device Handlers in the proper IDE?

Hi Ben. Yes. All done exactly as per instructions. I only have one account as well. What do you think I could be doing wrong.

Can someone please help me to get this working? I understand the instructions but things donā€™t match when I try. I updated smartapps and device handler but nothing. Please?!

When I use the DDNS service I can see the image, but I am not able to use the buttons. It shows a problem when try to parse the domain to a numeric value (I think). I received this error:
ā€œjava.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ā€œblancofranā€ @ line 542ā€
(ā€œblancofranā€ is the first part of my sub domain).

The line 542 is this:

String hex = ipAddress.tokenize( '.' ).collect {  String.format( '%02x', it.toInteger() ) }.join()

Have you any advice to avoid this error and be able to use the buttons?

Note: When I configured and used the camera with internal IP address from my local network, I was able to use all buttons.

Thanks in advance

Buttons only use internal IP addresses.

Both 935L and 934L seem to work for the 936L. Not sure what difference I should see.

Is the D-Link DCS-8200L supported?

Hi, would it be possible to add support for the D-Link DCS825L (EyeOn BabyCam) ?

I know that it has an RTSP Video source:
rtsp://admin:passwd@ipaddr:554/play1.sdp ~ 720p 25fps
rtsp://admin:passwd@ipaddr:554/play2.sdp ~ 360p 10fps
rtsp://admin:passwd@ipaddr:554/play3.sdp ~ 360p 10fps

Possibly. Look through the DTH code around the last line and see if the RTSP URL matches and then try to use that device to install your camera. Iā€™d look it up but Iā€™m traveling right now.

Does the video work or do all the buttons work?

for the 935L, the InHomeURL matches that of the 825L
[InHomeURL: ā€œrtsp://${state.cameraUser}:${state.cameraPassword}@${state.videoIP}:${state.videoPort}/play1.sdpā€]

Iā€™ll try to add that device type when I get home, and see how I get on

The 825L has additional data, such as motion sensor, noise sensor, temperature sensor, and the ability to play pre-loaded music clips, but I donā€™t see those as a capability of the 935L

http://[Device IP]/eng/web_event.cgi returns:

motion_detected_1=off
mdv1=0
pir=off
gp_input_0=off
gp_input_1=off
gp_input_2=off
gp_input_3=off
storage_full_sd=off
storage_failure_sd=off
in_recording=off
audio_detected=off
gp_output_0=off
gp_output_1=off
gp_output_2=off
gp_output_3=off
pan_pos=0.000000
tilt_pos=0.000000
zoom_mag=0.000000
focus_step=0
irled=off
playing_music=off
music_repeated=off
night_led=off
camera_name=
speaker_occupied=off
mic_muted=off
td=normal

tdC=23
tdF=73

tdC=23
tdF=73

and repeat

Video works and I think the buttons work. NV def works and so does take a pic. I think Motion detection also works.

With which devicetype?

I did not notice a difference when switching device types (935 vs 934). Iā€™m currently using 935.

Ahh, looks like those two are the same. the DCS-934 and below are different.