[OBSOLETE] D-Link Camera Manager (Connect) [Requires Classic App]

You should see the DCS-2630L under the ‘New Fixed D-Link Cameras’ menu.

All of the settings you’ve listed seem correct. Try using the proper DTH and see if it works for you.

Ben, found the 2630L on my second camera. Still wasn’t showing as an option for my first camera install. I deleted camera #1 and reinstalled. Both cameras are set to 2630L and I’m not getting video. When I open the camera up in ST I have black screen with a play button. When I click on the play button it tries to connect but is unsuccessful.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Also what is DTH?

What is Toggle?

Sorry to be a pain…

No worries. Are you on the same local network on your phone and camera while testing? Also, if you click on the button that looks like a camera lense do you have a picture show up?

No, I’m at work. But it wasn’t working last night while on my home network where the cameras are installed. Will try the picture.

It won’t work remotely unless you set up port forwarding and use your external IP address. Let me know if you got the picture to work.

Checked last night and the picture function is not working either.

OK… Rookie error. Was using the wrong IP address. Everything is working now.

Question: When I set up port forwarding am I setting up access directly to the camera or am I setting up access to the the camera through my ST hub/app?

In other words do I use the camera IP or the ST IP address?

You’ll use the camera IP

I have tried by adding device handler, smart app. Published the manager alone for both. But its bot working. pl. see the settings below,

In Device handler ->

In SmartApps ->

DLink setup ->

I had to copy paste the code as I am in UK and link to github is not provided for UK.

Smartthings v2
iPhone 6
iOS 9.3.2
DCS-2132LB
Issue - After all steps, going into “The Things” and choosing the camera, it shows default UI.

Hi Ben, thanks so much for the work you’ve put into this!

ST 2.1.5
I have a DCS 942L and 934L
Phone: HTC Desire 816 running CM13 (Android 6.0)
DCS-934L device handler v 1.0.4
DCS-942L handler v 1.0.1

So far, I’ve gotten the video streaming to work both on the local network, and on the external cellular network.

However, image capture does not work for either camera. I don’t think any of the control buttons for the cameras work for me.

Forgive me if this has already been addressed, but is it possible to have the camera show up at the top of a room as a “featured” tile like the official cameras do?

Example:

Hi @blebson,

Like many users, I have a DCS-931L and the video is working perfectly from the local network, and on the external cellular network
The issue is that the “image capture”, “motion switch”, and “level Slider Control” does not work. (I use internal IP and Port to connect)
All features are accessible via HTTP commands.

I am also using the code that you modified in 2015 created by patrick@patrickstuart.com and the “image capture” motion switch", and “level Slider Control” are working perfectly with my DCS-931L**** (no video features)

• D-Link DCS-930L v1.0.1
  • Modified from Generic Camera Device v1.0.07102014
  • Copyright 2014 patrick@patrickstuart.com
  • Modified 2015 blebson

I hope it help.

Thanks for your support!

Eric P.

1 Like

The first two photos aren’t loading. Are you sure you created and published all of the device type handlers?

It sounds like your IP or port might be incorrect for the cameras. You should be using the internal IP with the HTTP port for both cameras.

@C_Hobbs you can do this by changing which tile is the “main” in the DTH code. It’s currently set as the motion toggle.

@EricP are you using the exact same IP/port for both? Do you see any errors in your live logs?

@blebson Yes same IP and port… Really weird… was not working… and after going in the the live logging selecting the camera and try again, it start to work… and it’s really fast. Sorry… I cant explain what append.

I’ve tried internal IP/ports as well as external with no joy. (port 80 and 554)

Any idea why the take picture function and motion detection isn’t working for the 934L/942L?

Are there any errors in the live logs in IDE? Also, could you post your settings (with IP/username hidden)

I have the same problem with the motion. Hitting the tile simply says Toggle and thats it. Nothing happens. Using a 942L

Can you let me know what shows in the live logs within IDE when you use the Motion and Camera buttons?

also, is the camera supposed to show up as a motion sensor in ST? Right now it isn’t.