[OBSOLETE] D-Link Camera Manager (Connect) [Requires Classic App]

Seem to be having a problem getting a video stream from my DCS 942l camera. Logs show Start() but nothing after that.
All the tiles are working and updating in the log. Using the camera ip and port 80. also using the same password and username as the camera. cant get any video with rtsp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@192.168.1.15:80/play1.sdp in VLC either. Any ideas ?

Your port should be 554 for RTSP cameras (like the 942L)

Thanks for the heads up. Working now in VLC . So the camera port should be 80 and the video port should be 544 in your smartapp setup ?

Correct, Camera port 80, Video port 554

I’m pretty sure I did the first 11 steps correctly to get this running, but when I get to step 14:

Now, go into the SmartThings App on your phone/tablet
Go to the ‘Marketplace’ tab in the bottom right.
14. Go to the ‘SmartApps’ tab and select ‘My Apps’

I don’t see a “My Apps” option. Anybody know what I did wrong?

it’s at the bottom of the smartapp list, If you don’t see it then you probably didn’t select the “publish for me” button in the bottom right of the github repo page

Hi,

I am using the DCS 942L. I see the option when I go to edit the D-Link Camera Manager (Connect) smart app under resources (optional)

Thanks

Those resources are for something completely different. There currently isn’t a way with this SmartApp to store images taken on the camera in anything other than the SmartThings Cloud. Video recordings taken by the camera will automatically be stored on the Camera’s SD card.

Need some help. This was my first attempt at using this Github method.

I can see the D-Link camera manager (connect) in my listed smartapps in my IDE, it says it’s published. But it shows up no where in my ST’s app. There is no “My Apps” option in my ST’s app. Should I just start over?

Are you sure you installed the SmartApp in the correct IDE? Are you in the US or UK?

I’m a novice, so please excuse my ignorance on this stuff. All of the device types show up in my device types, the 3 smartapps show up & I only published the connect one, not the child apps. I’m in the US & still on a ST’s V1 hub.

When you’re logged into the IDE can you see all of your devices and the SmartApps and DTH you have installed? If so and you’re still not able to see the ‘My Apps’ section under SmartApps in the marketplace then I’d submit a support ticket.

1 Like

Pretty sure they’re all there. I’ll put in a support ticket. Thanks!

Ben

Ive got both DCS-2132LB and DCS-2630L. DCS-2132LB works great. When alarm is armed, ST switches ON the cameras. They all record during motion. When I disarm, ST switches off the cameras. 2132LB does not record during motion. On the device page, all buttons are green/off. However 2630L will still record when it senses motion. Looking at the device for 2630L, I see that motion button is off, but PIR and Video button are still ON/red. Is there a way turn off recording for 2630 when ST switches the camera off? Thanks.

ron

You should be able to automate this using CoRE. You can create a trigger that says if motion is on turn PIR on else if motion if off turn PIR off. As for the Video, that button triggers continuous recording on the camera. If it is indeed ‘on’ there will be recorded clips in your SD card on the camera.

Oh, i didn’t realize the video button was continuous recording. That could be the reason 2630 kept recording while 2132 stopped. Im pretty sure 2132 did not have the video button on. Yes I had lots of clips in the 2630. Thanks.

My camera is working properly but my iDE looks different since I looked at it last. Here is my Device types:

And my Smartapps:

Is there something wrong and if yes what is wrong and how do I fix it?

If your camera is working properly then there is nothing to worry about. Everything looks fine.

Your suggestion to use CoRE worked out great. thanks.

1 Like

I have everything connected through your genius app and put in the camera 2132 that you have listed. I put in the camera IP address and my external IP address for video address. Camera port as 80 and video port as 554. It says that camera is installed and automated but in the “things” category the camera is not there. Am I missing something?