[OBSOLETE] D-Link Camera Manager (Connect) [Requires Classic App]

Many thanks for this, just added my 933L and later will also be adding the 930L.

Great work!!

is a bit strange, I added the DCS-2310L, in a first phase it did not give an image but it answered the commands, it also happened with the same profile, it works fine, and if it goes out and create again with the same settings, sometimes it works and sometimes dont. I do not know what to do.
I use a DCS-2670L

Because this is an unofficial integration, sometimes it can have latency issues. If it works even once there is nothing I can do from my end. It would be an issue either on your local network or an issue communicating with SmartThings itself.

Did the 936l ever work. I have one tried the 935l and934 just locally with no luck

Iā€™ve been playing around with a d-link dcs-2132lb which has overall been working very well for me using this device handler. Streaming works. Picture capture works. And almost all of the buttons seem to work as expected except for the Video Off/On button. For the life of me I canā€™t seem to get it to do anything. I think two others had this same issue, but I couldnā€™t find a resolution anywhere.

Steps Iā€™ve done:

Iā€™ve created an event under the ā€œRecordingā€ section. Iā€™ve enabled it and scheduled it for ā€œAlways.ā€ I chose SD as my destination and named the event ā€œSDā€. Iā€™m not sure if the name matters. Leaving it this way will continuously record to my SD card.

When I tap the Video off button in the ST app, nothing happens but the log shows a 400 bad request error. Iā€™ve tried webcore and sending the vidon and vidoff commands but that doesnā€™t seem to change anything. The log shows no errors. Enable and disable Local Video Recording both give 400 Bad request error.

Whatā€™s strange to me is that the motion sensor buttons work with no errors. How is the video recording command different?

Any help would be appreciated!

Iā€™m not sure what happened there but it should work fine. What does the live log look like?

This is what the log shows.

b867616f-1345-4c45-8a23-2bec1874c32e  5:14:43 PM: debug Body: <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>400 Bad Request</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY><H1>400 Bad Request</H1>
Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request.
</BODY></HTML>
b867616f-1345-4c45-8a23-2bec1874c32e  5:14:43 PM: debug Parsing 'index:88, mac:, ip:0A000120, port:0050, requestId:07303099-556d-4a01-b4ee-343a0e52f457, headers:SFRUUC8xLjAgNDAwIEJhZCBSZXF1ZXN0DQpEYXRlOiBXZWQsIDIzIE1heSAyMDE4IDAwOjE0OjQzIEdNVA0KQ29ubmVjdGlvbjogY2xvc2UNCkNvbnRlbnQtVHlwZTogdGV4dC9odG1sOyBjaGFyc2V0PUlTTy04ODU5LTE=, body:PEhUTUw+PEhFQUQ+PFRJVExFPjQwMCBCYWQgUmVxdWVzdDwvVElUTEU+PC9IRUFEPgo8Qk9EWT48SDE+NDAwIEJhZCBSZXF1ZXN0PC9IMT4KWW91ciBjbGllbnQgaGFzIGlzc3VlZCBhIG1hbGZvcm1lZCBvciBpbGxlZ2FsIHJlcXVlc3QuCjwvQk9EWT48L0hUTUw+Cg=='
b867616f-1345-4c45-8a23-2bec1874c32e  5:14:43 PM: debug GET cgi/admin/recorder.cgi?recordEnable=1 HTTP/1.1 
Accept: */* 
User-Agent: Linux UPnP/1.0 SmartThings 
HOST: 10.0.1.32:80 
Authorization: 

b867616f-1345-4c45-8a23-2bec1874c32e  5:14:43 PM: debug path is: cgi/admin/recorder.cgi?recordEnable=1
b867616f-1345-4c45-8a23-2bec1874c32e  5:14:43 PM: debug The Header is [HOST:10.0.1.32:80, Authorization:
b867616f-1345-4c45-8a23-2bec1874c32e  5:14:43 PM: debug The device id configured is: 0a000120:0050
b867616f-1345-4c45-8a23-2bec1874c32e  5:14:43 PM: debug 0050
b867616f-1345-4c45-8a23-2bec1874c32e  5:14:43 PM: debug IP address entered is 10.0.1.32 and the converted hex code is 0a000120
b867616f-1345-4c45-8a23-2bec1874c32e  5:14:43 PM: debug Video Recording On

I did a little digging in the DCS-2132L device handler, and I saw that in line 439 there was a missing ā€œ/ā€ before the ā€œcgi/admin/recorder.cgi?recordEnable=${attr}ā€. This fixed the 400 Bad Request error, but it made my events settings go a little crazy. The original ā€œSDā€ Recording event was renamed to ā€œNormal_Recordingā€ and one of my Events got deleted. An additional Media called ā€œRecord_Mediaā€ was also created. I then tried to compare another device handler and line 439 was actually showing ā€œ/cgi/admin/recorder.cgi?recordEnable=${attr}&continuous=${attr}ā€. Iā€™m not sure what the continuous attribute does, but I also tried this and it does work partly. That is, it enables local video recording if it was disabled, but no feedback is sent to the Video Off button, so the app doesnā€™t think the recording was enabled.

Thank you!

Canā€™t get camera video in ST app

SmartThings Mobile Version Number: 2.16.0
Pixel 2 XL
Android 8.1.0
930l-a
Camera IP: 192.168.1.35
Camera Port: 80
Video IP: 192.168.1.35
Video Port: 80 (Iā€™ve also tried 554)
Camera User: admin
Camera Pwd: *********

The camera shows up as ā€œactiveā€ but no functions work
live video says: Camera Unavailable

VLC works: http://user:pwd@192.168.1.35:80/video/mjpg.cgi

I am having an issue where whenever I input a password into the camera password section and save, when I go back the password changed by itself and doesnā€™t work. I have tried reinputing multiple times.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Android Oreo
I have the DCS 932L
I have not been able to get it to work yet. I have tried changing the password from the camera as well, I put it into the app and it still auto changes.

UPDATE: After looking into this more, it seems as though once I select the camera model it adds a password automatically. Is there anyway to change that?

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

What are the advantages of this over the stock ST DH?
Ive just come accross this APP/DH but have had a D-LINK DCS-2132L running and recoding clips (on a motion sensor) using the ā€˜home monitorā€™.

Hi, Ben. Iā€™m trying to add the github repository to the IDE and it says I donā€™t have access. Per the instructions iā€™m setting owner to blebson, name to DLink-Camera-Manager, and branch to master. Any ideas? Also, I am signed into GitHub.

Thatā€™s very odd, those should be the correct settings. Can you get to the repository on the GitHub website?

Yes I can. Agreeā€¦odd. Anyway, I copied the source from the website and created the device and app from code. Just for the 932L (I have 2). Iā€™m assuming that should work, just creating the device directly from that.

But now, maybe not, since when I go into the app it just gives me a spinning wheel when I try to add a new camera?

Then I added the camera manually through the IDE and when I open it in the app, it canā€™t find the device when i try to play. I gave it the internal network IP, but I vaguely remember seeing something about using an external IP. was just going to go through this thread

Did you manually add the SmartApps (3 of them) and all the devicetypes (or at least the one that you will be installing)?

I did just the device type that I was installing. I only added the DLink-camera-manager-connect source, perhaps misinterpreting your directions to not publish the children code. So I guess I need to do that. (I donā€™t have PTZ cameras so presumably i donā€™t need that child.) Iā€™m not sure how to get the external IP address. I went to mydlink.com but I donā€™t see where it appears there. I am able to view the cameras externally using the mydlink lite app. Thanks for your help on this.

You need at least the main SmartApp and the non-ptz child SmartApp. You only self-publish the parent SmartApp.

You can Google ā€œwhatā€™s my IP addressā€ and it will tell you.

I added the child SmartApp and now able to add the camera, however itā€™s still not able to find the camera. Iā€™ve tried port 80 and 554. I then looked at the admin settings on the camera and saw that the port was set to 80. Changed it to 554, but still no joy.

[UPDATE] Working now. Maybe a synchronization issue. I noticed the ā€œscriptā€ section of device (on IDE) was not reflecting the updates I was making on the SmartApp on my phone. (Why canā€™t I edit that script?). Anyway seems to have been port on camera different from app. Havenā€™t tried the audio, but video works.

@blebson Hi Ben, any chance of adding DCS-8000LH support? If not, would choosing one of the other cameras have any functionality?

Many thanks.

Kenny.

Hi,
It didnā€™t work with DCS-933L.
Although i followed all setup instructions, Iā€™m getting the message ā€œCamera unavailableā€

Could you please advise?

@blebson
Hi loving your hard work with these cameras & have a question?
Would your device handles work with almost any d-link camera but only control certain functions?
I have a DCS-4602EV & would love to use it in SmartThings! So was thinking of trying one of the PTZ handles?

Thank you for any input
Martin