[OBSOLETE] D-Link Camera Manager (Connect) [Requires Classic App]

There should be 3 SmartApps and then a bunch of DeviceTypes. Please follow the instructions in the first post of this thread.

Thanks Ben, I donā€™t know why I missed that initial stage. Itā€™s found the camera now. Time to play with it.

Rich

Is there a way I can get ST or WebCoRE to see the PIR in the camera? Iā€™d like to use it as a light switch?

Unfortunately not, it is a one way connection from SmartThings to the camera.

Hi, I have successfully integrated 4 Dlink cameras into ST. All the video feeds work on my local network in ST and with actiontiles. I have an Echo Show and see the cameras listed in my devices on the echo. I cannot see the any of the camera video feeds on the echo show when asked for them. Shouldnā€™t i be able to view them thru ST? Or do i need a skill loaded on the echo show?

Thanks for your work on the D-Link camera manager.

Great question, I donā€™t have an Echo Show so I canā€™t really answer that but I will say the video implementation is a work-around and not officially supported. Unfortunately this means the video feed is not usable like a fully supported camera feed would be.

You need to have a D-Link skill which there isnā€™t one. I have checked everyday for months.

Hello Ben,

Thank you for taking the time to have all this coded up and issued etc.

I have basically got the app installed into ST etc. But canā€™t get the camera to connect in the app.

Details and further explanation below

SmartThings Mobile Version Number 2.13.0 Build 218485
Phone Make and Model Samsung Galaxy S8
Mobile OS Version (Android, iOS, Windows) Android 7.0
Camera Model DCS-932L
A screenshot or list of your settings (Please hide any External IPs and Usernames/Passwords)

Screenshot_20180106-194953

A list of functions that work Nothing as far as I can tell. I have installed the app, and added the camera, but nothing seems responsive.
A list of functions that do not work Camera showing as unavailable in app.

Thank you in advance. I reckon Iā€™ve probably got some of the camera settings worng somwhere or an IP address etc.

You can use your local IP on both the camera and video IP, but it will not allow you to view video outside of your network. To allow this you need to use your external IP as your Video IP and port forward your http port.

The login username is ā€˜adminā€™ by default. You should have whatever credential you use when you type your cameras IP address into a web browser.

Thanks Ben,

Yeah that is what Iā€™ve set up. Doesnt seem to want to work. Ill concentrate
on getting it working internally first and then utilse teh external ip etc.

If there anything else that would lead to the camera just being added but
not responsive or not communicating?

Thanks

I wonder also is it related to the ST outage of late?!

It shouldnā€™t be related to the outage. Are there any errors in the live log in the IDE when you try to use the different functions?

Hi Ben,

Sorry Iā€™m a bit of a new starter to all thisā€¦ what would an error look like in the live log?

9e7df442-a64b-4ae8-9a61-2beb85f478f0 12:38:12 PM: debug GET /motion.cgi?MotionDetectionEnable=1&ConfigReboot=No HTTP/1.1
Accept: /
User-Agent: Linux UPnP/1.0 SmartThings
HOST: xxx.yyy.z.aa:80
Authorization: Basic YWRtaW46SG9saWRheQ==

Every action gets a debug ā€œtagā€?

If it was an error it would get an error tag.

Please confirm your camera and video port matches the http port of your camera. Also make sure you donā€™t have https turned on in your camera settings.

Try the following url in your web browser and let me know what it shows:

http://username:password@cameraip:cameraport/motion.cgi

Both ports are 80. in app and in advance settings.

Should the IP address be DHCP or static?

Iā€™ve changed the IP address in the app now to the IP address noted in the ā€œBasic Infoā€ section of the advanced settings on the myDlink web page.

BASIC INFO FROM MYDLINK

Camera Name DCS-932LB
Time & Date
10 Jan 2018 4:57:00 P.M.

Firmware Version 2.14.04 (2016-09-09)
Hardware Version B
Agent Version 2.1.0-b41
MAC Address
IP Address _ Iā€™ve inserted this into the app
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway omitted
Primary DNS omitted
Secondary DNS 0.0.0.0
DDNS Disable
UPnP Port Forwarding Disable

When i edit the link with the details im using within the app now (IP and the like) I get teh following text

MotionDetectionEnable=0
MotionDetectionBlockSet=0000000000000000000000000
MotionDetectionSensitivity=90
MotionDetectionScheduleMode=0
MotionDetectionScheduleDay=0
MotionDetectionScheduleTimeStart=00:00:00
MotionDetectionScheduleTimeStop=00:00:00

When I enter http://username:password@IP:Port/video/mjpg.cgi?profileid=3

i can see the camera video

This tells me that your settings are now correct. If your device in SmartThings is still not working then give it a day or two for the settings to propagate and try again.

Seems the update to version 19.20 fixed the streaming.

Thanks for the app Ben.

Hey,

I`m completely new to this concept of Automationā€¦I appreciate your hard work but i would like to know is it possible to access the live streaming from my office too ? Are their any backup options available for the videos being recorded ? Does it supports the feature of remote access using the cloud based virtual desktops?

Adrian Gates
Sr.Cloud Expert - Apps4Rent.

You can record to a local SD card in the camera but there is nothing within SmartThings that can actually record the video (other than the officially supported cameras). If you set up port forwarding and use your external IP address for the ā€˜Video IPā€™ field then you will be able to access the video stream from outside of your home network.