[OBSOLETE] D-Link Camera Manager (Connect) [Requires Classic App]

What did you do wrong? I have the same problem :slight_smile:

Please ensure that youā€™ve installed all of the SmartApps and DeviceTypes in SmartThings IDE.

Iā€™m using this App for my two cameras and the video and picture seem to work but I canā€™t get any of the other buttons or motion to work. Iā€™m new to SmartThings so if Iā€™ve published something wrong please let me know. Iā€™m using DCS-5009L and DCS-932L cameras.

If video and still photos work then everything else should. You might just need to wait a little bit, sometimes it takes a while for the settings to be properly set within SmartThings.

I plan to add a D-Link Camera to my growing system of SmartThings compatible devices. Is it simple plug & play (apart from the usual installing of custom DTH and Smart App) or must it first be setup using itā€™s default Provider?

Youā€™ll have to set it up first with its own app/web page but then you can add the SmartThings integration. Keep in mind, this is not an official integration and is only a one directional link. SmartThings sends the camera commands, the camera cannot send anything to SmartThings without receiving a request first. I believe Samsung smart cam and Arlo are the only officially supported cameras.

I had not installed all the apps. Misunderstood the directions. You need to install all of the apps but only publish the main app

I installed both a DCS-5030L and DCS-5222L-B this afternoon. No issues with the 5222L.

I have an issue with the 5030L. I cannot see a video stream from this ST app. (It responds CAMERA UNAVAILABLE). I can control (PTZ) the 5030L from this app, just no video feed. From both the DLINK native app on my phone and from a browser on my PC, I can get a video stream (and control) from my browser.

In IDE, Iā€™ve pulled both the DHā€™s from Github; although I do see that 5030L is BLUE, which 5222L is BLACK. (I donā€™t know what that meansā€¦)

Both cameras are set to use port 554 for CAMERA PORT as well as VIDEO PORT.

User credentials must be correct, since I can control the 5030, right???

Thanks in advance for any assistanceā€¦

If you can move the camera then the user credentials are correct. Are you using external IP addresses for the video IP and forwarded ports for the video port?

For both cameras, I am using the internal IP addresses for both CAMERA and VIDEO.

You probably need to change the first port value to 80 or whatever mapping the camera expects. For many cameras the HTTP and RTSP ports are different. Some can make the connection with either port if they can select the decoder involved to match the protocol used for transport.

ok, thanks. I see I have the CAMERA port set to 80 for my 5222L (where the video is working), but set to 554 on the 5030L where video is NOT working, Thanks for thought.

Hey alsoā€¦ Iā€™d like to move the ports to external IPā€™s so that I can view and control outside of my home WIFI. Can you point me to a primer or set of instructions on how to do that? I suspect that involves having my home router FWD ports 80 & 554 to these cameraā€™s internal IP addressesā€¦but would like to see step-by-step instructionsā€¦

Thanks again to all.

You would only forward the 554 port for each camera, they would be forwarded to different external ports. You would then the your external IP address for video IP and your forwarded external ports for video port. I canā€™t give you step by step instructions as itā€™s different for every router.

Thanksā€¦ I found something on-line. I was just wondering how to FWD the same port to multiple cameras. So, I guess you canā€™tā€¦ so I read:

If multiple cameras are configured off the same router, each camera must have a different port number (e.g. DCS-932L#1 = Port 81, DCS-932L#2 = Port 82, DCS-932L#3 = Port 83)

Hmm reading this pageā€¦and I have the issue that the 5222L is not working. I can have perfect view of the cam on the iPhone app IPCam viewer.
I think it is awesome that you are making this smart things DHT and connector.
The URL that works is: http://user:password@xx.xx.xx.xx:8008/m/i/video.html?p=3&h=1,2,&j=3, worksā€¦internal and external IP address.
But in smart apps I only get an endless connecting and screen stays black and nothing happens.
Do you need a certain video profile in the settings of the cam itself?

I really appreciate the help!

What are the video IP/port and camera IP/Port that you are using?

Hi @blebson, thank you for your feedback!
I am using HTTP port 8008, RTSP port 1554.
In the smartthings connector I tried 8008 with external IP address in the video, and with internal IP address to see if the router is messing up the port forwarding.
And I did the same with 1554 and internal and external IP address.

The camera uses the internal IP address and port 8008 all the time.
video I tried both 8008 and 1554.

I hope that makes some sense :slight_smile:

The camera IP should always be the local IP and the camera port should be the ā€˜HTTPā€™ port in the cameras advanced settings. The video IP can either be the local IP of the camera or your external IP. The video port will be the ā€˜RTSPā€™ port in the cameras advanced settings. Youā€™ll have to port forward this port if you use the external IP. SmartThings takes a while for http settings for the camera functions to propagate so if it doesnā€™t work immediately then give it a day or two to see if it starts working. The streaming video should start working immediately once you have the correct settings.

I had no luck getting this to work until I removed the old camera device from ST and created a new one. Reusing the old and just swapping from Generic Camera to one of the DCS-* device handlers just gave me the black screen and the endless connecting spinner as described here. My guess is that attributes set by the Generic Camera device handler are kept and interferes with this.

One way to check is to go into the ST web gui and look at the camera device there. The two attributes InHomeURL and OutHomeURL should be what you expect, i.e. functional URLs. If theyā€™re not, remove your old camera device and go through the motions again. Canā€™t remember the exact syntax but they had mixed rtsp/http and 554/80 ports somehow and it was easy to see they were bad.

And half the buttons in the app didnā€™t work properly until ā€œafter a whileā€, so give it some time after you get the video working.

PS The DCS-2332L seems to work fine with the DCS-2330L handler. Still some recording issues when triggering recording from ST to end up on a ftp/samba share, but that may be config on the camera side. Still debugging that one.

OK

You can only have one device associated with your camera in SmartThings, if you have multiple ones only the first one added will actually work properly. This is due to how SmartThings links a Device ID for LAN devices using HubAction.