[OBSOLETE] D-Link Camera Manager (Connect) [Requires Classic App]

Make sure you are using the camera’s RTSP port for you video port. You should be able to find that port in your camera’s advanced settings.

The RTSP port is 554 and for video I have the camera IP address of 192.168.1.16 and port 554

Camera Port should be your HTTP port (default is 80), Video port should be the RTSP port (554)

They are both set that way. The weird thing is that I downloaded an android app called tinyCam and I can view the live feed from that app, but still nothing from the smartthings app.

Hey just wondering if, with a compatible dlink camera, I can use your smartapp to start recording or take snapshots when my Xiaomi door sensors are opened? Thanks.

You would have to pair this camera SmartApp with the smart security camera
SmartApp

Ben,

Thanks for your help on this issue. I believe I have found the issue. I ordered 3 cameras and I received 2 versions A’s and 1 version B. I have still been unable to get the versions A’s to view live video on smartthings, however version B camera worked immediately. There must be a difference in the hardware that the version A’s don’t work. Just thought I would let you know since you help a lot of people here with this camera.

Hi Marc,

The version A is completely different software so the commands don’t work with it. If you can reverse engineer the commands then you could create a custom version of the DTH to work with it.

Hi Ben,

thanks a lot for putting this neat solution together! Really great!

Hi all,

I spent the last couple of days, trying to figure out how to get my 942LB working (video stream was working, but none of the other functionalities). Turns out that I had to simply change the HTTP port via the D-Link web-interface to 85 (and of course change it as well in the device configuration in the SmartApp) to get it working.

Not sure why, but maybe this will safe someone some time and a headache. :wink:

Cheers,
Katharina

1 Like

Hi,
I have 2530l and i’m not able to found way to install
5222l works fine,can you help me?
Thanks

That model is currently not supported. You can try to use one of the other static camera devices and see if the commands work.

Hi,
I have tried 2630l works take pictures but not livestram

dcs-5030l analog fo nuuo recorder

I love the concept, now only if I could get it to work.

My SmartThings app doesn’t seem to control the camera after I set it up. Here is what I have:

1. SmartThings Mobile Version Number (current w/ 10/10/17 update)
  2. Phone Make and Model - (iPhone 6)
  3. Mobile OS Version (Android, iOS, Windows) - (iOS 11)
  4. Camera Model - (DCS 5222LB1)
  5. A screenshot or list of your settings (Please hide any External IPs and Usernames/Passwords)
  6. A list of functions that work - (None)
  7. A list of functions that do not work - (All)

What settings are you using for your Camera IP, Camera Port, Video IP and Video Port?

Stats:
SmartThings Mobile Version Number: latest IOS version
Phone Make and Model: iphone SE (same for iPad 4)
Mobile OS Version (Android, iOS, Windows): IOS
Camera Model: Dlink-2132L, DCS-5020L, more.

Tried on one PTV and another fixed camera. This smart app installed fine with the child apps and I setup the two cameras in the dlink connection manager.

After the cameras are setup in the dlink connection app, should they show up in the devices? They don’t and that’s where I’m stuck and am not sure where the screen shots in the above page come from. Presume it should be in devices list, and if so, what could be wrong in the setup portion that would prevent them from showing up in devices? Thanks! Really eager to use this.

Are you getting any errors in the live log in IDE when setting up a camera?

Yes! I had no idea that type of logging existed. Awesome. The error is:

error Error creating device: physicalgraph.app.exception.UnknownDeviceTypeException: Device type ‘DCS-2132L’ in namespace ‘blebson’ not found.

That is the correct camera I am trying to connect to, which seemed to have support?

Thanks!

That error means you haven’t installed and published the Device Type Handlers that go with this SmartApp. Install those and then retry.

Indeed, and it’s the top of the instructions. thank you so much. If there’s some virtual tip jar I can at least buy you a beer for this I’d like to. thank you! I’m diving in on it.