[OBSOLETE] D-Link Camera Manager (Connect) [Requires Classic App]

Okay, that makes sense and is consistent with what I was originally thinking, But that takes me back to the original issue, which is the record toggle not functioning even when any of those settings are on. When I press it, it simply changes to “toggle,” throws the aforementioned error in the log, and the camera state doesn’t change. Any ideas how to narrow down my problem? Thanks.

Appreciate the work you have done for the community. I am new to ST and hope you can help me out with a noob question.

I’ve managed to get my D-Link 5010L work with ST using your Dlink Camera Manager - video streaming, tilting/panning, motion, night vision all work.

I have also installed the Smart Security Camera SmartApp. The trouble I am running into is that the D-Link 5010L’s motion sensor is not recognized as a motion sensor as an input. Am I doing something wrong here? Ultimately, I want to use the app to snap photos when the 5010L detects motion.

Appreciate your help.

The camera will not show as a motion detector, that SmartApp is
specifically made for interfacing with external motion detectors. To have
the camera take pictures when it senses motion you’ll want to use the
motion detection feature within the camera and toggle it on and off with
the motion tile in the device.

HI Ben,

Not sure if this will help, but looking further at the logs under 'All" instead of just the DCS-942L, I noted that every time I attempt to toggle the record button the java error is followed by a series of additional messages related to my Rachio sprinkler controller. I’ve attached a screenshot.

Again, I appreciate your help and all that you’ve done in putting this app together. I would very much like to get this working, but of course it’s not urgent. Still, if you have any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks!

Bob

What happens when you type the following into a browser on a computer/phone on the same LAN as the camera: http://192.168.1.130:80/cgi/admin/recorder.cgi?recordEnable=1 or http://192.168.1.130:80/cgi/admin/recorder.cgi

The first one produces an XML file with a result code (“ok”) and will enable SD recording if it is off. The second produces an XML file with no result code (only config info) and has no effect on recording either way. Changing the first one to recordEnable=0 will disable recording.

Okay, I finally found the problem! It took me more than a few tries before I was observant enough to note that the http urls you asked me to try (which obviously worked) were automatically being converted to https in my browsers. This led me to check Advanced Setup, HTTPS Setup, where I had set the connection type set to HTTPS only. Changing this back to “Both HTTP and HTTPS” enabled the record toggle to work. Odd that the Motion, PR, and NV toggles worked with HTTPS only but record didn’t …

Anyway, I didn’t see a setting in the app allowing for the use of https, but I assume this isn’t really an issue as long as I don’t enable port forwarding for the http port.

Thanks again for your assistance (and patience). I knew it had to be my fault somehow! :grinning:

Bob

1 Like

First of all, I am new to this. I have purchased D-Link DCS-5222L cameras as they were under smartthings labs. I was able to install the camera, can view it in mydlink app and mydlink.com. The DLink connect does connect to the camera. Wired it fails password and wireless it wont even locate it. I have followed your instructions on installing your app. However, I am obviously missing something and probably something simple. I have entered the information in the smartapp, but it does not show up as a Thing. I am currently attempting to set this up locally and once I have that handled, I will change to external IP.
SmartThings Version 2.5.1 Build 214711
Samsung Galaxy S8 Android
Android Version 7.0
Camera DCS-5222L
Cannot get camera to show up as a Thing to work with.

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Do you get any errors in the live log in IDE when you try to install the camera?

Yes sir. I have pasted the log below.

672c6870-8201-4020-aa34-8c17b27ff203 ‎12‎:‎17‎:‎23‎ ‎AM: error Error creating device: physicalgraph.app.exception.UnknownDeviceTypeException: Device type ‘DCS-5222L’ in namespace ‘blebson’ not found.

672c6870-8201-4020-aa34-8c17b27ff203 ‎12‎:‎17‎:‎23‎ ‎AM: debug getChildDevices(false), children=0

672c6870-8201-4020-aa34-8c17b27ff203 ‎12‎:‎17‎:‎23‎ ‎AM: debug Camera Password: Squirtle1998

672c6870-8201-4020-aa34-8c17b27ff203 ‎12‎:‎17‎:‎23‎ ‎AM: debug Camera User: admin

672c6870-8201-4020-aa34-8c17b27ff203 ‎12‎:‎17‎:‎23‎ ‎AM: debug Video Port: 554

672c6870-8201-4020-aa34-8c17b27ff203 ‎12‎:‎17‎:‎23‎ ‎AM: debug Video IP: 192.168.1.16

672c6870-8201-4020-aa34-8c17b27ff203 ‎12‎:‎17‎:‎23‎ ‎AM: debug Camera Port: 80

672c6870-8201-4020-aa34-8c17b27ff203 ‎12‎:‎17‎:‎23‎ ‎AM: debug Camera IP: 192.168.1.16

672c6870-8201-4020-aa34-8c17b27ff203 ‎12‎:‎17‎:‎23‎ ‎AM: debug Updated

Looks like you haven’t published the devicetypes. You should have both
SmartApps and Devicetypes.

Hello! Thanks for your contribution as the original D-Link connect was quite broken for me. And in some ways, it wasn’t really smart connected as a thing as there weren’t any useful apps for it.

But after installing this, I have a few questions.

Since I have a dynamic IP, does the IP allow for domain names instead? like dlinkcam.mycam.com sort of thing?

Also, what is the slider bar for? It seems that whenever I use it for the 5222L, it hangs and disconnects the camera. It then also fails to reconnect again using your DTH but works through the original D-Link app.

For the 5222L, there are a whole bunch of ports to setup inside the camera settings. Like HTTP port, HTTPS port RTSP port, UPNP forwarding port.

Which one of these do I plug into your D-Link connect app for setup?

Thanks again!

After thorough testing, I can stream sound and video just fine. But none of the buttons work. Pressing anything will result in the video stream disconnecting and the cam no longer connects. None of the buttons will pass on the action.

Here is the information for your reference.

Smartthings Hub V2 firmware 000.018.00021
Smartthings IOS app v.2.5.1
iPhone iOS 10.3.3

D-Link DCS-5222L firmware v.2.14.4

Things that work:
Streaming video and sound

Things that don’t work:
All buttons

Thanks!

Sounds like an issue with your Camera IP and Camera Port settings. Your Camera IP should be the local IP for the camera (the camera has to be on the same LAN as your SmartThings hub), the Camera Port should be the HTTP port of the camera (default is 80).

1 Like

Thanks! I put an external ip for Camera IP and have now changed it back to the local IP. Now I can control the camera with all the buttons but the video stream still disconnects every time I press a button. Is there some other setting that is incorrect? I can watch the stream with sound up to the very moment I press any of the buttons of the camera controls.

That’s a bandwidth issue, not anything that can be corrected on our end. Unfortunately the cameras don’t like to multitask (though mine generally do just fine when toggling presets or movement).

Hello, I have been trying to add this camera to my smartthings hub for a few days. I have managed to migrate the code over to the app, but connecting the two has become and issue. I have the DCS 5220L. I am very new to all of this so any info would be of great help.

I am assuming I am supposed to see a device under my things.
I am having a hard time identifying the Local and External IP address. I am assuming one is in the HTTP bar would one and then the one that is under network in advanced setting would be the other. Which port goes with which?
I am sorry for the simplicity of my questioning, but I have read so much and things are getting intertwined.

Thank you for your help.

To confirm, you have copied both the SmartApps and the devicetypes into
your SmartThings IDE? If so it should create a device for you when you
create it in the SmartApp. The internal IP is the one you use to get to
your camera advanced settings while on the same network, your external IP
is your homes IP address which can be found my googling “what’s my IP
address”. Internal IP is used for the camera IP, external IP is used for
the video IP. You should use the camera http port for both camera and video
port since your camera doesn’t support audio streaming, default is 80.

Thank you. I didn’t select the camera type for the smartapp. I have it now as a Thing. The only issue I have now is the live streaming of the video. It shows the still image, but no video. I have tried the following commands below from my browser, but still get no video.

http://{videoIP}:{videoPort}/mjpeg.cgi?user={cameraUser}&password={cameraPassword}&channel=1.mjpeg

http://user:password@IP:Port/mjpeg.cgi?channel=1.mjpeg

I can log into the camera IP address and it shows video in the web interface and also I can see video via the mydlink website. Any ideas?