[OBSOLETE] D-Link Camera Manager (Connect) [Requires Classic App]

Okay, this works for me:

rtsp://user:pass@IP:554/play2.sdp

Thats odd. You could manually edit your Device Handler to use that URL instead of the “live1.sdp”. Just replace “live1.sdp” with “play2.sdp” anywhere it appears in the code.

Yep, that worked

My only guess is because Rev. A is totally different than Rev. B

That would be my guess as well.

I have just configured a 932L, got it working using the mjpeg URL. Have used this connect app to add the camera but I don’t see it listed as a thing - do i also need a DTH?

yes, it only works if you have both the smartapps and the DTHs.

I thought so, so I use the one listed as obsolete for the 932l? Or is there a specific one to use?

the d-link camera manager itself is made of 3 SmartApps and numerous DTH. They are all on the same Github.

I’m in the UK and the UK ST hub doesn’t allow github integration yet
 I have found the particular DTH needed and added it and it now works :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is anyone else having problems getting the smart things app to stream video from a DCS-2630L camera? I have no problems on my end (on wifi, and off) but my g/f can’t access live video from her phone? I’ve opened all needed ports and have the correct username/password setup within the app.

Hello,
For users outside the US, github integration is not supported. is there a way to add this manually?
Thanks.

Yes, you can go to my GitHub which is linked in the main post and copy the
three SmartApps and whatever device types you need into your IDE manually.

Thanks for the great work on the App (configured and working within an hour with a new dcs 2330). Do you know if any of your device handlers will work for the dcs 855l?

I recently added my DCS-942L. Everything is working with the exception of record video. Live streaming, photo, Motion, PIR, NV Auto functions are all good. But whenever I try to record via the app or Webcore, I get a java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in the log and nothing happens. Any ideas?

Does it give you a line in the code where the error occurs? Have you set up recording within the camera advanced settings and installed a SD card?

No, it does not provide a specific line. Just the “java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException” error. The prior line says "Parsing “index: 17” followed by mac, ip and requestID information.

The SD card is installed and if motion detection is on and the camera detects motion it records to the card as expected. Under SD Recording in Advanced Settings the only triggers available are Motion, Schedule, Always and Sound. I don’t always leave those on, but I’ve experimented with turning each of those on and have seen no change. Is there somewhere else I should be looking in Advanced Settings?

Try setting it to ‘Always’, that’s what mine is set to.

Thanks again for your help. Setting it to ‘Always’ didn’t change the error. Besides, ‘Always’ means the camera records continuously with no trigger. Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of trying to trigger a recording when needed?

I must be missing something here 

the record function toggles the recorder on and off. If it is set to
’Always’ it will record the entire time the record function is on. If it’s
set to motion/sound, it will only record when the recording is turned 'on’
in smartthings AND there is motion/audio.

Ive got a DCS936L. Doesnt seem to work with the smart app. Can you please recomend what can be done?