[OBSOLETE] D-Link Camera Manager (Connect) [Requires Classic App]

To update: I just tried today after changing nothing and it seems like the snapshots and controls work. Definitely at a loss to explain this one but I’ll take it

2 Likes

Hi Palzer,

I was wondering what settings did you use for your DCS-933L?

I’m having issues with mine. The camera show up and see activity in my log. However when I try to take a screenshot or view the camera, it says connecting and after a while it says “Camera unavailable”.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Update: Everything looks to be working now with no changes made. Thanks for the support! Great to be able to use as intended…

I tried using a dyndns ip for Camera IP Address and Video IP Address (using 5010L), but I am getting the following under Live Logging:

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: “mydyndns” @ line 440

where mydyndns corresponds to my dyndns name (the address I entered is of the form: mydyndns.no-ip.org).

I see in the code for the 5010L you are tokenizing the IP on the decimal and converting each subnet to a hexadecimal. Any way to accept the string as the actual host so dyndns addresses can be accepted?

Thanks.

Yeah, you may have to use a straight IP for the CameraIP (which should be a local IP address anyways). The video IP can be a string I think.

I’m in the UK and oddly don’t have a link for GitHub integration using https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com has point of access. What bits can I get away with using copy/paste code for just DCS-932L cameras, can I leave out the camers not needed?

Update. Figured out which bits were needed, up and running.

what about the Dlink 936L?

@blebson
Is there a way to make this SmartAPP work with HTTPS (with username/password)?
the camera I have is stuck on special firmware which is locked to HTTPS, have tried downgrading but does not work
camera version is in same series as DCS-2310L, mine says “DCS-2311L”

Thanks

I believe there is a platform limitation that prevents using HTTPS

I thought so :disappointed: , i had went thru all possible documentation and other community posts.
i will see if i can re-flash the camera firmware , thou i would not understand why HTTPS would not be supported, may be because of certificate handling etc…

Hi there, I’m relatively new to the scene so please be patient, I’m attempting to add my my 5020L with no success. I went into the “D-Link Camera Manager (Connect)” logs and found the errors below. I tried selecting a different model of camera with the same results. I also tried removing/re-adding the SmartApp and logging in/out of the app on my IOS phone.

Thanks in advance.

This error means that you didn’t install and publish the corresponding Device Type Handlers in your SmartThings IDE. There should be 3 SmartApps and then a bunch of devicetypes, one for each supported camera.

I apologize, i found the error of my ways right as you posted this. These instructions were a little easier to read:

Hi Ben,

Thanks for pulling this all together. I have a 2132L and I just installed the device handlers and the camera per the instructions. Strangely, I can get the video streaming (with audio) to work, but I can’t seem to get anything else to work. Taking snapshots, toggling settings, none of that works.

Here’s more detail – let me know if there’s an obvious missing piece or next step.

• I have the camera set up with a static IP, port 80, but no port forwarding
  • Video and Audio streaming works fine on port 554
  • If I try to toggle the motion detection, it does turn on (when I check MyDlink) but state is not reflected in Smartthings and I can’t toggle it off
  • When I attempt to toggle settings or take a picture they do show up in ST logs, but no action taken (where would the picture show up anyway?) and state is not reflected in ST
  • I can take pictures and change settings in the separate MyDlink App on my phone, no problem
  • If I try to trigger an action via the link you suggested (https://user:pass@10.0.1.9:80/image/jpeg/jpeg.cgi) I get a 502 Bad Gateway error. (502 Bad Gateway, The CGI was not CGI/1.1 compliant.)

What do you think?

Okay, well I have an update. Everything just started working. All the logs under “recently” started showing activity and I could toggle all the settings and take pictures, etc.

This is all very strange. All I can tell you is that I logged into my Smartthings IDE account this morning and your device handler and apps didn’t show up. I clicked around and noticed my hub wasn’t showing up either. (Though, strangely, a few other apps and device handlers were showing up.)

I started a chat with Smartthings and they suggested it might be a caching issue and that I should click on my location and see if that updated things. Sure enough, my hub popped up and the rest of my apps and device handlers popped up. I went back to the app and started toggling settings, et voila! Everything worked!

Just posting all this in case someone else experiences the issue. The Smartthings rep said he was logging the problem and they would look into it.

1 Like

Hi all,

I got a 932L on amazon prime day for a good price and installed the main app (published), 2 child apps (not published) and all the device handlers (published) via GitHub.

I’ve added my camera and I can see the stream within the app but I have an issue where the motion and night vision toggles are not working.

Logs:
GET /motion.cgi?MotionDetectionEnable=1&ConfigReboot=No HTTP/1.1
Accept: /
User-Agent: Linux UPnP/1.0 SmartThings
HOST: 10.0.0.11:80
Authorization: Basic ********************

If I use the URL http://10.0.0.11/motion.cgi?MotionDetectionEnable=1&ConfigReboot=No it successfully toggles.

MotionDetectionEnable=1
MotionDetectionBlockSet=1111111111111111111111111
MotionDetectionSensitivity=80
MotionDetectionScheduleMode=0
MotionDetectionScheduleDay=0
MotionDetectionScheduleTimeStart=00:00:00
MotionDetectionScheduleTimeStop=00:00:00

I saw that for some people it just suddenly started working after a couple of days but wondering what in my setup could be wrong or if there’s anything I can try? I’ve already tried rebooting the hub and uninstalling/reinstalling.

Sounds like a case of the device ID being registered to a different device (perhaps you deleted your first attempt at adding the camera?), once associated it can take a day or so to release and be available for your current installation. I would wait it out and see if the issue resolves itself

Does this support snapshots yet? Or is this still disabled from SmartThings?

Hey there,

I still didn’t try your script, but i’m trying to add it with the perinstalled one, it detects the camera but wont get past the password, i’m sure the password is correct but it just says couldn’t verify password…

dcs-5222l rev A. - tried factory resetting, but still no use…any help?

Okay, I got yours working :slight_smile: GREAT WORK

Only 1 issue, video stream wont show even if i press the play button, using iphone here, video stream working from browser…

DCL-5222L Rev. A.

I can take screenshots fine but not video

Tried ports 80 & 544 also i port forwarded 544 to my camera IP, still same issue.

Help please?