[OBSOLETE] D-Link Camera Manager (Connect) [Requires Classic App]

Ensure that the camera port matches your http port in the camera advanced settings and then take a look at the live logs in IDE to see if there are any errors. Also, make sure the username/password is the same one to log into the camera when you go to it’s local IP address in a web browser.

Hi Ben,

I have 2330L that I have no problem setting up and viewing. however as soon as I press any of the buttons or move the slider, it will disconnect and not be able to connect till I close the smartthings app and open it again.

Do the buttons execute their desired function?

when press any key, it will disconnect the camera. None of them are working I suppose

What are your camera IP and port settings?

192.168.1.5 , port 80 for camera and 554 for video.

I tried changing the port few times, 80, 554, 443 still the same issue

and the button functions don’t work even if you aren’t currently streaming?

When I am not streaming, I can toggle the buttons. However, non of them really do what they are supposed to. The night vision, no matter what I set it to, as soon as I connect, would be the same as I set it up. Might be something with my setup I guess. Also, could you please add support for 2530L? I tried 2630L but can’t connect to the camera. Thank you again for you help!

Check your live logs to see if you are getting any errors. Also, make sure the username and password are your camera’s admin user/password.

Hi, just started using DH for a DSC942L. Installation went smoothly and am able to view live video and audio in the smartapp. The issue I’m encountering is non of the controls do anything other than the video itself… Any ideas of what I’ve done wrong? Also only seeing the camera switch turned on under Recently tab. Nothing else shows…

SmartThings Mobile Version Number - 2.4
Phone Make and Model - Android tablet and phone (Nexus 6p)
Mobile OS Version (Android, iOS, Windows) - Android 5.1 and O beta
Camera Model - DSC942L
A screenshot or list of your settings - using internal IP with 554 port
A list of functions that work - Video playback with audio
A list of functions that do not work - all other buttons on screen and no activity under Recently tab. Buttons stay on “toggle” once pressed.

Try setting your camera port to ‘80’

I made the port change and even removed and readded the camera. No such luck. Should there be events shown on the Recently tab?

BlackCatPeanut - I’m having the same problem as you with my newly purchased 942L - though since it’s new I had not seen how it behaves when working. This is hardware revision A running firmware 1.27

The video streaming works okay within the SmartThings app but none of the toggle buttons, nor the snapshot/record/update buttons have any response. Using the web interface or the mydlink app, all features work fine.

Looking at the live log shows that it is sending the right command to the camera (I believe), it’s just not getting any response back.

2721fdb8-17d2-46ee-83ae-58e532f37681 1:43:54 PM: debug GET /image/jpeg.cgi HTTP/1.1
Accept: /
User-Agent: Linux UPnP/1.0 SmartThings
HOST: 192.168.1.43:80
Authorization: Basic YWRtaW46amVsbG8yMw==

2721fdb8-17d2-46ee-83ae-58e532f37681 1:43:54 PM: debug The method is GET
2721fdb8-17d2-46ee-83ae-58e532f37681 1:43:54 PM: debug The Header is [HOST:192.168.1.43:80, Authorization:Basic YWRtaW46amVsbG8yMw==]
2721fdb8-17d2-46ee-83ae-58e532f37681 1:43:54 PM: debug path is: /image/jpeg.cgi
2721fdb8-17d2-46ee-83ae-58e532f37681 1:43:54 PM: debug The device id configured is: c0a8012b:0050

Any ideas (downgrade firmware? tweak code?) are much appreciated!

I’ll just add to this as I’ve been looking through the code: The parse routine in the device handler is never run (for any of the toggle or snapshot buttons), and I suspect it should be.

The parse routine is only run once the SmartThings receives a response from the camera, it looks like the camera isn’t getting the command and sending a response.

If you go to a browser on your phone or computer and type in “http://username:password@cameraIP:cameraPort/image/jpeg.cgi” does anything show up?

Thanks for the reply - yep, going to that URL returns a snapshot

Hmm, odd, that’s the exact URL that the device is sending, you should be getting the proper response…

Totally odd! Any tile-buttons I press just sit in their “waiting” mode, i.e., “taking” or “toggle” while it waits for a response. Not even sure where to start diagnosing this.

Just a note for others, I just tried downgrading the firmware to 1.25 to see if that helped and it did not.

1 Like

Checked mine too and also returns a snapshot.

if that URL returns a snapshot then the SmartThings integration should work fine. Not sure what else to try other than to wait and see if it fixes itself.