[OBSOLETE] D-Link Camera Manager (Connect) [Requires Classic App]

Yep - this helped me. I first was attempting to use my online credentials. Still not working though, but this will be key to getting closer.

Ben - I am a newb, so not sure if this matters. When I was following your instructions I accidently did the “My SmartApps” before the “Device Handlers” pull from the repository.

As long as you have both the SmartApps and the device handlers downloaded and properly published before installing you should be fine. To confirm, 80 would be the correct default port for both camera and video ports. You can go into your cameras advanced settings and make sure that matches the ‘http’ port settings. Also, are there any errors being thrown in the live log when trying to use the different functions?

I verified 80 is what is being used in the advanced portion of the camera
interface and changed the settings back to 80 from 554. I have Teamviewer
and would be willing to let you drive on my system remotely. As for the
logs there aren’t any. I try using the “Downstairs Camera” and Virtual.
Neither show any logs when clicking functions. I think I am fundamentally
missing something simple. I am new to ST and your app is the first and
only one I have pulled down so far. Very cool that you built the app and
willing to help people with it.
Jarrod

So when you’re logged into IDE, the live log section isn’t showing any commands come through?

That is correct. Is there something that needs to be done in the simularor?

I saw you ask another user a similar question in a previous reply, so I tried this. My current states in stream show OutHomeURL and InHomeURL’s. I plug each in as http://Admin:PASSWORD@IP:80/mjpeg.cgi?channel=1.mjpeg in a browser and they challenge me for a password, even though the account and password is in the URL. I enter the credentials and they both work however. Not sure if that is relevant, but thought I would mention it.

Oh
I just noticed you are using a Key Value pair via cookies, or at least that is my guess based on the entry below. I bet I have some sort of cookie blocker enabled, which would probably address the password challenge, but not the app issue.
“cookie”: {
“key”: “key”,
“value”: “value”
}

just to confirm, you’re installing the cameras through the SmartThings app on your phone, correct? Also, the live log only shows actions that happen while it is open, if you have the live log open on your computer and hit the buttons on your phone, does anything show up in the live log?

Oh,
I said I was a newb. :slight_smile: Thanks for that information. I now see the Live Log link and when I execute play from the phone it shows this.
7:41:42 PM: debug streamHandler(stream: ), deviceId:

Then I try doing “Take” from the phone and then this shows up in the logs.I removed the letters and numbers at the beginning and truncated others.
7:44:50 PM: debug getChildDevices(false), children=0
7:44:50 PM: trace in ssdpDiscover
7:44:45 PM: debug abb17c665d29
7:44:45 PM: debug Parsing 'index:17, mac:28107B277B14, ip:C0A80111, port:0050, requestId:e582d5ba-32cb-4960-a5be-c43942856acb, tempImageKey:c1bbc923-7f98-4e22-8846-8c6afa6a2a63’
7:44:44 PM: debug GET /image/jpeg.cgi HTTP/1.1

When I try doing the motion detection I get Error - Auth Required. I verified the admin account.
Body:

Error: Authorization Required

Can we use the DDNS url instead of the IP address as my external address changes.

Yes, you should be able to, no problem.

That is very odd, can you confirm again that you’re using the correct admin account username and password?

The samsung keyboard put my account name in with a capital “A” for Admin.
I changed it to a lower case and all is well. Thank you for all your help.
This would be a good BKM for the FAQ, so others don’t do something dumb
like I did.
Sorry for bugging you on this. I appreciate the follow up.

Jarrod

I’m using the DCS-936L as well and having a hell of a time trying to get it setup and configured as well. Using the DCS-935L as the Camera Model, Internal IP and Port 554 for both Camera and Video settings, I only can get the Live Feed (internal only) working but no other additional functions
 I’ve tried several different Camera Model combinations as well as Video IP (external/internal) and Port (554 or 80) combinations but no luck

I have the DCS-936L as well and cannot get it working either. I’ve tried the 935L as Camera Model and several others but haven’t been able to get anything working properly aside from the internal live feed. No other functions (snapshot, motion toggle, saved playback, etc) will work

Try using 80 as your camera port.

It’s the same whether I use Port 80 or 554, the feed will work but nothing else. I did get the external feed working however (port forwarding/router issue), in either case the stream only will work.