[OBSOLETE] D-Link Camera Manager (Connect) [Requires Classic App]

Question for blebson.
The Gidhub intergration is not enabled in the UK version of the SmartThings IDE. Can the source code for DLink-Camera-Manager (master) be added manually in the ‘My Device Handlers’ section.

It can, you just need to ensure that you add all three SmartApps and the device handlers.

Could you please add the DCS-936L camera?

People have reported using the DCS-935L device to install the DCS-936L. Have you tried that yet?

Just now saw that when I read through this on my laptop versus my phone. Trying it all now so I’ll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the quick reply!

Thank you so much for this plugin, it is sincerely appreciated. Can I please add one more vote for the DCS-2530L? I bought two and they are great but don’t work with the plugin, live video sits at “Trying to Connect” but snapshots work. Any chance this camera can be added? Thanks!

Really great work @blebson! I have de dlink 2530l camera and it works with 2630l but like @teg i can take still images but no live stream in the app! I changed the 2630 with 2530 in the code and it instaled under the 2530 name but i dont think it was at all useful! Any ideas ?

Is anyone perhaps using the DCS-936L? Two of my three 936’s lost all their settings (and are now back to factory default). I don’t know when this happened exactly (suppose I could look when Blue Iris made the last recordings - only thought of that now), but I realised that I can’t view them anymore shortly after I had (successfully) added them as Things to the app. That was the last time I viewed them.
I’ve searched the web but could not find others having had the issue.
Tx

Looking to support DCS-900W

Its a rather basic camera, it can do video out on $IP/VIDEO.CGI and images on $IP/IMAGE.JPG

Official product info and spec sheet
http://support.dlink.com/ProductInfo.aspx?m=DCS-900W
ftp://ftp2.dlink.com/PRODUCTS/DCS-900W/REVA/DCS-900W_DATASHEET_1.00_EN.PDF

I was thinking i could just do some small modifications to the DCS-930L file, but im not a developer, so i’ve had no luck with that. Is this an easy fix/config change i can get some help with?

Spent a lot of time trying many of the direct stream URL variations for other D-Link cameras but no joy. Contacted D-Link directly and was told outright that 3rd party viewers/recorders were not supported with this camera. The person I spoke to did not seem entirely competent so that may not really be the case but I returned my cameras nonetheless. Replaced with an Amcrest HX-1 960P cam with a 140 degree FOV. Works perfectly!

After the horrible setup process I went through with the D-Link, coupled with the artificial limitation on direct streaming, I’m certain it was the last one I will buy.

I’ve encountered a very strange problem.
I’ve been using a 2630L with no issues until recently the snap function stopped working.
The carousel tile is completely empty, the smartthings logo doesn’t even show up.
The webcam IPs and ports are properly configured and live streaming works, only the snap function is broken.
Any ideas?

If nothing on your end changed then it might be an unreported platform issue.

Hi,

I’ve been trying to setup my cameras motion detection to be triggered on or off when the mode changes to away, and then disable the detection when returning to home.

A previous post mentioned using the smart lighting app or CoRE to achieve this, I have looked into both options but I can not seem to get it to work.

I have a 935L, the detection can be flipped on an off from the things tab in the app, and I have verified this works on the cameras web setup page in both states.

Please can someone give me some pointers on how to achieve this functionality?#

Thanks in advance

Wayne

You should be able to just use the camera as a normal switch. Turning the
camera ‘on’ enables motion and turning it ‘off’ disables it.

Hi,

In the smart lighting app that is what I configured to happen when the mode changed however it did not toggle the state.

What I did notice is that after the app condition triggered if I toggled the state manually it would enable the detection, but you could then not toggle it off again manually until the mode was changed back to disarmed.

Thanks

Wayne

what is showing up in the IDE live log when you change the mode?

Hi,

Here is a screenshot of the log

The 2nd screen shot shows what happens when manually trigger motion detection from the things tab

Thanks

Wayne

Looks like the mode change isn’t triggering the camera at all. Have you
tried adding it to your routines?

Hi,

I will give the routine option a shout.

However, I noticed yesterday after returning from a day out that I started to get lots of alerts from the camera.

Checked the recently tab for activity and the rule had run and activated motion.

During my testing I only manually changed modes using the app, so it looks like the rules are triggering based on presence.

It must be a bug in ST as you would expect it fire irrespective of presence when the mode changes.

When I get a moment I’ll check behaviour with a routine

Thanks

Wayne

First off thanks for taking your time to do this for the rest of us mortals. :slight_smile:

App does load and launch, but no video or functions. I am a newb, so I may have hosed something. I tried ports 80 and 554 .
My information. Old ass 930L Dlinks. I have 2.
ST Hub is Firmware 000.017.00014
SmartThings Mobile Version Number - 2.3.8
Phone Make and Model - Samsung S7
Mobile OS Version (Android, iOS, Windows) Android 7.0
Camera Model - Dlink DCS-930L with Firmware Version 1.16
A screenshot or list of your settings (Please hide any External IPs and Usernames/Passwords)
Name = Downstairs Camera
Model = DCS-930L - This has to be loaded twice. The first time it errors out and you have to load it again, but it does show up. - No biggie, just mentioning it for your info. I have retried several different settings and it does this every time.
Camera IP - Local IP of 192.168.1.17 - And yes I am trying this from home on the same network.
Camera Port - Tried both 80 and 554
Video IP - 192.168.1.17
Video port = tried 80 and 554
User - admin
password - ######## - verified it works when logging in to the IP locally
Hub - my home and only ST hub.

A list of functions that work - none
A list of functions that do not work - it loads but none of the functions seem to work