[OBSOLETE] D-Link Camera Manager (Connect) [Requires Classic App]

One other question - I am using the ST-Labs DTH for my DCS-5222L camera and I didn’t point your system to this one. Now I’m wondering if I should just remove the labs version and use yours for this one too. Is there any reason to stick with the labs version?

The labs version supports recording through SmartThings using SHM triggers (you have to pay for the service I believe). Mine has video streaming but not cloud recording. Mine lets you set it up to record on the local SD card though… You can have them both installed at the same time, the SmartThings native integration doesn’t use the ‘hubAction’ commands so it won’t interfere with my DTH.

Cool - thanks.

this is great. cant wait to test this.

I have the D-Link DCS-8200LH and while it’s excellent for its IFTTT capabilities, I’d really like to find a device handler that works for it in ST. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

You can try installing it using one of the supported camera profiles and see if you can get it to work. Try picking using a devicetype for a camera that has similar functionality.

Can anyone on thread and using one of the cameras confirm if there are models that permit longer than 15-20 second recording timeframes? Love the functionality here but looking to fully automate so that I can have the a door unlock trigger a longer than 15s recording and upload that my DCS-933L currently allows for. Assuming that means a model with built in SD card for local caching. Is that relegated to the pricey Samsung ST-approved model?

I have a DCS-5222L and I cannot get the video to work from the ST app. The other functions all appear to work including moving the camera around as taking a snap-shot picture. It’s just the live video stream that does not appear to do anything. I’ve scoured this thread and I cannot seem to see anyone with the same problem. My port settings are as follows according to the camera itself:

IP: 192.168.1.244
PORT SETTINGS
HTTP Port
HTTPS Port
RTSP Port

I enter those settings into my ST smartapp configuration and live video just will not show. I’m on my local network and I’ve even opened those ports up in my firewall and tried all of the external IP settings to no avail. Any suggestions/ideas?

Thanks - Tony

The Video port needs to use the RTSP Port of your camera.

Appreciate the response. I’ve put that in, which is port 554, but no video is coming alive. When I browse to the IP, I get the tools, and I can see the live feed using my browser. Mydlink works fine. Just can’t get video through ST. Any other suggestions of what I might have missed?

I’m having a similar problem. I thought I had it working by redirecting the main port just like I did with my other cameras but then it stopped. Do I need to redirect port 554 also into the local port?

I have basically concluded after tinkering with both the 932L and the more expensive 5222L cameras from DLink that the older cute little 932’s are far better for what I need. They load video quickly, they upload fixed file names to my server to insert into my panel, and the video stream works every time. The 5222L on the other hand changes the file name on every upload so to get the image into my panel I had to write a cron script on my web server to rename the latest upload to a fixed name. Also, I only got the rtsp video feed to work once and it is no longer working for me. And finally, it is super slow compared to the 932’s. The image quality is better and you can move the camera from side to side, but quite frankly for viewing on my tiny mobile phone screen the 932 resolution and fixed field of view are all I need. Besides I could buy 3 of them for the same price as the 5222L and get much more coverage and flexibility.

Am I the only one reaching this conclusion?

I also bought 2 Arlo cameras for outside monitoring and so far I don’t like them much either. I do like the full wireless flexibility and the motion triggered video capture in the free web space, but I hate that I can’t extract a still photo to insert into my ActionTiles panel. I also hate that I can’t even take a still photo in the DTH on the phone. Has anyone figured this out or hacked up an Arlo DTH that works with still photos?

Anyway, thought I would share.

Yeeah. I really want to be able to get this camera in my smarttiles

Silly question. How do i proceed if im outside of the US, where Repo to IDE is not suppoerted

You’ll have to manually copy all of the SmartApps and DTH from my GitHub repository on the original post and add them into your IDE.

Yeah thanx. I figured it out. I have an unsupported camera thoght, The DCS-825L. I read that it has some of the same as the DCS-935L. But im getting camera unavaliable :frowning:

Where do i find my device ID?

what do you need the device ID for?

Device Network ID. Won’t let me add device without it

You should not be manually adding devices, only Device Type Handlers. The
SmartApp will create the actual device for you.