[OBSOLETE] D-Link Camera Manager (Connect) [Requires Classic App]

hey, does dlink cam has default mjpeg to be displayed on smarttiles? i do not want to run another machine to convert rtsp to mjpeg. thanks in advance!

I’m having trouble getting my app to save the still images, but the live video works. A while back (around December) it was working fine. Then all the sudden the images stopped saving images to the cloud. I deleted and re-installed the device handler and smart app in the IDE.

SmartThings Mobile Version Number: version 2.2.7, build number 210240
Phone Make and Model: Nexus 6p
Mobile OS Version (Android, iOS, Windows): Android 7.1.1
Camera Model: DLink 933L

A screenshot or list of your settings:

camera model: dcs-933L
IP address works for video streaming with either local or external IP – at least on the video side
port 80 for both camera port and video port

A list of functions that work: live video

A list of functions that do not work: Still images

Any advice is appreciated.

I can’t seem to get the right urls for setting up my one DCS-5009L and two DCS-934L cameras. I can’t get video or stills to work, even though I can get the video to work via the web browser. I’m only trying to view via the local urls, and I have external viewing set up via ip cam viewer for all webcams (port fwding set up and dyndns type service set up). I just want to take this one step at a time and get the local url for video/audio and stills. Please help!

@blebson Thank you so much for bringing a solid solution to the table for the camera market. I just moved into my new home and have four DSC-7010L bullet cams I’ve taken with me. They were pricey and Im hoping to not replace them, but they are not on your immediate support list. Is there a proxy-handler that can manage the 7010 or is it possible to get it on to the list?

Thank you in advance!

You could try the DCS-2630L Device but I have no idea if it will work or not.

What settings are you using?

what IP/Port are you using for the Camera IP/Port. Are you using the admin username and password?

@blebson I’ll give that a try and report back shortly

Interestingly, I made no changes or updates between Sunday and Today, but now the still image capture within this device is working again. It shows the still image after I click on the Take button to the right of the Take button, and if I click on this image it then saves it to my phone.

However, I don’t see photos taken with the “Smart Security Camera” or “Photo burst when
” Could you let me know how I can retrieve these images?

Thanks so much for your assistance.

Hello friend, can you tell the configuration inside smartthings app and also where you changed the code? Regards

Hello blebson, it seems that DBurek has made DCS-936L works. He said that him copied the DTH for the DCS-935L and changed the model number in the code and also added the model number to the options to the fixed camera smart app.

Is it possible to add this to your app? Thanks and regards!

I’m happy to share the modified code if @blebson doesn’t mind. I don’t want to take credit for his great work. All I did was copy-paste and make a couple of updates.

Realistically it sounds like you can just use the DCS-935l settings to install your camera. The model number doesn’t really do anything in the code. If @DBurek wants he can submit a pull request on github and I can add it to the official code base that way.

That would be great! Also, can I know how you made the camera support on D-link app? The configuration was made on Local or Remote? Thanks and regards

Hey there, so far love the app and I am able to view the live stream from my DCS2132 no problem. However, whenever I try to change any setting, take a snapshot, etc it gets stuck on “toggle” or “taking”. I’m sure I’m doing something wrong
any ideas?

Also, I noticed the camera showed up as a switch, what does this do?

I apologize if this has been covered somewhere else in the thread. I did me best to scan through the entire thing but may have missed it.

If you are getting stuck at ‘toggle’ it means your Camera IP/port may be
incorrect or that your username/password are incorrect. Camera IP and port
should be your camera’s local IP and port. Username and password have to be
the administrative account username and password.

The switch is for turning on and off your camera’s motion detection. You
can’t leverage the motion within SmartThings but you can set your camera to
record video or email pictures in the camera’s advanced settings.

Guys I need some help/adivce. I’ve been following this thread for almost 6 months. Sadly I can’t get the dam thing to work, gave up and have been using the D-Link software for my cameras.

I live in Albuquerque and Breaking Bad is real! Our crime rates are through the roof and several neighbors as well as my GF have had break ins.

I need a loop recorder. I bought D-Links little piece of S**T DNR-202L, just spent 1.5 hours with customer support and the guy admitted he doesn’t even use their own software “We suck and can’t write software” He tried to help me backdoor the box but failed.

I"m willing to ditch the D-Link cameras all together and just buy a stand alone system but feel free to give me some advice or options.

Running 4x DCs-934L and 1x DCS-522LB1

My DTH won’t give you what you’re looking for unfortunately. It won’t give you any meaningful recording capability other than in 30 second clips (using my Smart Security Camera SmartApp), and only with the DCS-5222L. You’d probably be better off getting a system that will directly connect to some sort of recorder, cloud or otherwise.

Ben ,

I really appreciate the quick reply and the advice. I was up about 4 hours past my post last night and it seems that the current state of technology having the CCTV system hard wired to a DVR (external drive) siting in a gun safe or the like is the most secure system. There are some incredibly affordable systems on amazon. They also have way better rankings than the D-Link junk that is for sale. I still love my ST stuff and really appreciate developers like yourself!!

Thank you!

Hey @blebson! Looks like you’ve got a popular DTH and smartapp on your hands!

I’m about to pull the trigger on a few D-Link 932L cameras to be able to check on a few rooms remotely when I’m not home. I see you’ve told folks to use their external IP address and port-forward to the camera’s internal address. Does that external address have to be an IP address? Or can I use my DNS name?