[OBSOLETE] D-Link Camera Manager (Connect) [Requires Classic App]

Not a restriction in Canada, got it on mine here in Alberta

I got the SmartApp in my iphone ST app after following Squidward’s advice, thanks!

Not a problem. Glad to be able to be of some help. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure it out myself.

##DTH Updates:
All DTH have been updated to use the new storeTemporaryImage() function. This should restore and improve snapshot functionality. Please let me know if snapshot functionality isn’t restored after updating your DTH in the IDE. You should not have to touch your settings at all.

1 Like

Back in business. Thanks, Ben.

I’m having trouble with my DCS-934L cameras. I got one of them to connect with a live image but I can’t use any of the feathers like motion detection or taking a picture. Could you give me some help?

I just received my 2 DCS-934L today and I am getting the same problems. I can view the stream but thats about it.

I have had a 934L for a while and the buttons didn’t work for me from the start. It actually locked up the app when I used the button to turn on motion detection.

@Squidward @DoubleD What are you using for your camera IP/Port settings?

I am using the local IP, 10.0.0.190, for both fields and 80 for the ports

this will only allow you to use video while your phone is connected to your local network. You’ll have to either use your external IP and port forward your HTTP port or set up a VPN.

As for the other functions, what happens in your live logs when you push a button?

Okay. I attempted to do the external IP and port forwarding but I think I am doing it wrong. I have gone to my modem/router settings and forwarded port 80 for the IP of the camera. Is the external IP that I put in going to be my networks WAN IP and then 80 for the port? If not, where would I find the external IP for the camera rather than the local.

I have tried to use other http ports besides 80 but always get an error, that one seems to be the only one that works

You would be forwarding your internal ip of the camera and port 80 to whatever external port you want. You would then use the external IP and the external port you’ve set in the port forwarding as your Video IP and Video Port.

I updated my DTH in the IDE and the snapshot is showing for my 2330L camera in the small view window next to the “take” button. However the image is not showing up in the “recently” tab it just states “Camera” with the time date stamp of each time I have hit the “take” button. The pictures are not showing up in the recently tab. Any ideas why this may be? Same when my" photoburst when" took 5 snapshots, it just states “photoburst when” with time stamp but no pics showing up in recently tab.

Okay, I apologize for these misunderstandings but I still seem to not be able to get it working. If I have two cameras I am going to need to use 2 different ports, correct? If I want one to be on port 8000 and another on 8001 I would set the forwarding like this?

and on the cameras I would put 8000 and 8001 in the respective http ports? Also, is it conflicting that my modem says the ip for the camera is 10.0.0.201 and the advanced camera settings page shows 192.168.0.20

Not sure if that is supported still or not. You could reach out to SmartThings but I based this code on a pull request received for one of the DTH.

You aren’t using the static IP listed in the d-link settings so don’t worry about that. As long as you’re using your external IP and the forwarded port it should work. You can get your external IP by going to google and typing in “What’s my IP?”.

That’s what I had thought. I am using the local IP for the camera address, and for the video IP I am putting in my external with the port I forwarded but now I can only view the stream on data or off network and when I am connected to wifi again it says the camera is unavailable. When I was on data viewing the stream the only features available were still just the video.

Will this solve the issue of the features like changing between night and day setting?