[OBSOLETE] D-Link Camera Manager (Connect) [Requires Classic App]

Thanks Ben. I tried an update from the Camera settings first:

• 34d27097-c9bb-4aab-9877-444349e20190 ‎4‎:‎53‎:‎23‎ ‎PM: debug Camera Password: null

• 34d27097-c9bb-4aab-9877-444349e20190 ‎4‎:‎53‎:‎23‎ ‎PM: debug Camera User: null

• 34d27097-c9bb-4aab-9877-444349e20190 ‎4‎:‎53‎:‎23‎ ‎PM: debug Video Port: null

• 34d27097-c9bb-4aab-9877-444349e20190 ‎4‎:‎53‎:‎23‎ ‎PM: debug Video IP: null

• 34d27097-c9bb-4aab-9877-444349e20190 ‎4‎:‎53‎:‎23‎ ‎PM: debug Camera Port: 80

• 34d27097-c9bb-4aab-9877-444349e20190 ‎4‎:‎53‎:‎23‎ ‎PM: debug Camera IP: null

• 34d27097-c9bb-4aab-9877-444349e20190 ‎4‎:‎53‎:‎23‎ ‎PM: debug Updated

Reports null for all settings except Camera Port - I am sure that this is what was also reported when trying to originally setup the camera. I assume NULL is not good (as it usually isn’t)? Should IDE Logs show the actual values inputted?

Thanks again

Not sure if this has been answered before, a quick question on integrations for Motion Detection Notifications.

Is there a way that when there is a motion detection on the camera a notification can be sent to smartthings app, so that we dont need the dlink app at all?

Thanks in advance.
-Salim

Hi Ben,

So the 825L is finicky at best, as a 935L… I’ve got one camera that works, and one that doesn’t. Neither picks up the motion / noise sensor capabilities

I have a 934L which shows in the D-Link App and in ActionTiles but won’t show in SmartThings.

I am a newb to GitHub. I have a DCS522LB and I have it up and running but would like to add it to STs. When I follow the directions I do not see the D-Link-Camera-Manager when I try and update from Repo. I only see SmartthingsMaster. But when I login to Github I only see the DLink-Camera-Manager in my Repostory list. It is as if the IDE is not recognizing that I have Forked your Dlink manager. ??

I’ve installed locally and it works well. Thank you for developing this much improved Camera Manager.

To be clear, for access to images / video remotely, you need to expose your camera(s) to the Internet, correct? Presumably to set up multiple cameras, you would use an array of ports, right?

I believe the OTB D-Link camera manager allows you to access remotely - i have not looked at the source but assume that is somehow being proxied by D-Link themselves. I am very ignorant in this.

NEED HELP!!! I have a D-Ling 934L which is setup to use Local port 80 and RTSP port 554 I see the camera in the D-Link app on both the iPhone and the Mac. I also see it in ActionTiles, but I can’t get video on the SmartThings D-Link Camera Manager (Connect). It says camera can’t be found. This has me very confused. Can someone please help?

You’re using the wrong port. Use port 80 for the video IP. Your camera
doesn’t support RTSP.

This integration uses the video stream direct from the camera which either requires port forwarding or a VPN connection in order to view it externally. The default integration with SmartThings streams locally to the hub and then is streamed from the hub to your phone, that is how it gets around needing port forwarding or VPN.

I changed the port to 80 but it still doesn’t connect. It says “Connecting” in green then says Can’t find camera trying to connect. Any ideas?

The ip address that the app is looking for is a local only ip right? (I assume this is why the hub has to be on the same network?)

My Camera refuses to work within the app I have the proper IP and the proper port 80. I have no idea why it won’t work.

Wondering when will DCS-2530L be supported. Its a great latest camera

Hey, I just wanted to say thank you for hacking this thing together. I picked up a cheap D-Link IP cam (932L) on amazon and I got it to work pretty quickly.

With the help of no-ip (dynamic dns provider), some frontier router rules, a garage door sensor, and CoRE I have a pretty cool piston that fires if the house switches to away and our garage door sensor reads as open (or if the house is already away and the garage door sensor changes to open).

When either one of these events occur I get a push notification and a screenshot in my activity feed of the inside of the garage. This allows me to verify if the door is TRULY open and not just a false reading. If the door is indeed open I can close it remotely AND verify that it stayed closed!

Thanks again!

–Chris

Hello Ben. Thank you for such a wonderful app.

I need some help. I have 4 cameras - 2 DCS-5222l & 2 DCS-2330L and am getting the same error message"Camera cannot be found. We are trying to connect". I get teh connecting sign at the top and nothing happens.

Have setup port forward. Both HTTP and port forwarding are at same for each camera. Each camera has a different port forward and HTTP. I can see it externally both in myDlink and OWLR.

On the D-link Camera Mager app, I cannot get the video. I have tried http://username:password@IP:Port/image/jpeg.cgi on the browser and it works well both on internal IP and external.

Would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

What settings are you using?

Hi Ben, I still haven’t gotten this working yet.

Update - i just got it working - i had thought my account already allowed port forwarding but it did not. For AT&T Uverse i had to request that port forwarding be enabled. This was done easily with one click. I had read this article but it said that if we got a warning which i was not getting. The remainder of this post is here for posterity in case it helps others.

If you receive a warning message, you will need to visit the AT&T Port Forwarding tool (https://ufix.att.com/portal/index.html?referrerid=3&go=portforwarding) to enable Port Forwarding on your account. Then, you can continue with the steps in this solution.

Ben - if you could still answer questions 1 and 2 below, i would appreciate that.

IGNORE THE REMAINDER - for posterity.

As it stands, the app streaming says ‘Camera cannot be found. We are trying to connect’

I have 5 D-Links but simply trying to set up a DCS-2330L and get it working through External IP (I had all 5 working on LAN but that’s not terribly useful for home security). Once I figure this out i’d be glad to publish a recipe for my cameras and ISP mixup.

I have AT&T U-Verse and at first created only a firewall rule mapping port 801 on the modem/router to 80 on my camera. Then, on looking at the Smartthings app, i noticed the OutHomeURL and InHomeURL were both RTSP (and both my external IP of 107.198.N.N), so, then i also mapped 851 to 554 on the camera as well.

I think i’ve started to understand a bit more how to get this all setup but have a few practical questions. I have configured the device settings as:
DCS-2330L
192.168.1.NN port 80 for Camera IP and Port
107.198.N.N port 853 for Video
user is a custom user i created with a fairly simple password i don’t think i have mistyped

1 - When i make a change in the App SmartApps D-Linnk Camera Manager (Connect) interface, it takes quite a while for that change to be reflected in the Smartthings IDE. You happen to know what triggers this and wether it matters what’s in the stream section of the IDE?
2 - For the streaming video, are we forwarding our RTSP port (554 on mine) or HTTP port (80 on mine)?
3 - I am trying to figure out where to get log files. My camera doesn’t have anything interesting in its rather meager logs, i can’t seem to see anything terribly useful in my modem/router logs. Okay, i just found live logging and this is all i get when i hit refresh on my camera.
4 - Again, oddly the OutHomeURL and InHomeURL are the same in the ST IDE stream current states for my device.
5 - i tried to see whether port forwarding to RTSP was working - i pasted in the following rtsp://[new user]:[pasword]@107.198.N.N:853/live1.sdp on this (https://www.videoexpertsgroup.com/chrome-media-player-plug-in/) website and don’t get anything. So, this seems to point to something amiss with my modem/router firewall. I am out of diagnostic ideas. Oh, actually this may not be working now as i am at home and don’t think i can hit my internet IP from my laptop

ST Live Logging
963f0ccf-5ebd-473c-a398-5a4eae5af4d6 2:56:49 PM: debug streamHandler(stream: bb44fef0-daac-11e6-a9bb-1279218f0e44), deviceId: f4de91eb-e711-4087-80bb-05c78471b79f
b26cea95-ff72-4f12-aa20-7411fd815ed6 2:56:49 PM: debug streamHandler(stream: bb44fef0-daac-11e6-a9bb-1279218f0e44), deviceId: f4de91eb-e711-4087-80bb-05c78471b79f
f4de91eb-e711-4087-80bb-05c78471b79f 2:56:49 PM: trace start()

I am using a dlink DCS 5222LB1 and the video works, but the buttons only function one time and then the button continues to say moving. Does anyone have any ideas,

1. I’m not sure exactly what settings you’re referring to but I would assume the IDE has a bit of a lag compared to the changes made within the SmartThings app.

2. You should use the RTSP port for the video port unless you don’t want audio streaming.

@tneon1 This tells me that there is an error with your Camera IP and Camera Port. What settings are you using for those?

Hi @blebson,

I have 2x DCS-825L (Baby Cam monitors). I’m currently using them as a DCS 942L, and it pulls through the video stream just fine.

What I was hoping to gain by adding the camera to SmartThings was to be able to grab the Temperature, Sound Detection, and Motion Detection capabilities which are all on-board to the camera, just like the 942L.

Is there any chance that these capabilities are simply skipped on your SmartApp? or is it a symptom of not using the precise model?