[OBSOLETE] D-Link Camera Manager (Connect) [Requires Classic App]

Hi Ben

Great work.
Though I have a issue with my DCS-932L when I’m trying to take a photo.

debug GET /image/jpeg.cgi HTTP/1.1 
    Accept: */* 
    User-Agent: Linux UPnP/1.0 SmartThings 
    HOST: 192.168.1.9:80 
    Authorization: Basic aHViOmh1Yg== 

debug The method is GET
debug The Header is [HOST:192.168.1.9:80, Authorization:Basic aHViOmh1Yg==]
debug path is: /image/jpeg.cgi
debug The device id configured is: c0a80109:0050
debug 0050
debug IP address entered is 192.168.1.9 and the converted hex code is c0a80109
debug <cameraLogin> and <cameraPassword>

There is no a message from parse method and it looks like device handler doesn’t get a response.
Also it happens when execute take() method from my own smart-app. Hub reboot helps but the issue happens again after few minutes.

I would be grateful for any help.
Thanks

Oddly enough the custom presets work today (fixed itself somehow :confused:)

Cannot get video to record

I have tried the following
DTH rec button (does not work, however pir and NV controls work)
Invoking vidon, vidoff (does not work, even if I invoke enable local recording first)

please excuse the mess… how does one post “code” without it reading the code (so it doesnt hide things btwn <>), my stupid solution was to replace all < with …

10:15:03 AM: debug Body: ..?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>..config>..result>..code>invalidParameter../code>../result>..record>..enable>0../enable>..profileID>1../profileID>..continuous>0../continuous>..prerecord>0../prerecord>..fileFormat>1../fileFormat>..fileLenMin>1../fileLenMin>..recycle>0../recycle>..recordTo>..toSamba>..enable>0../enable>..user>../user>..password>../password>..server>../server>..shareFolder>../shareFolder>../toSamba>..toSmtp>..smtpEnable1>0../smtpEnable1>..smtpServer1>../smtpServer1>..smtpPort1>25../smtpPort1>..smtpUser1>../smtpUser1>..smtpPass1>../smtpPass1>..receiver1>../receiver1>..sender1>../sender1>..smtpEncrypt>0../smtpEncrypt>../toSmtp>..toFtp>..ftpEnable1>0../ftpEnable1>..ftpServer1>../ftpServer1>..ftpPort1>21../ftpPort1>..ftpUser1>../ftpUser1>..ftpPass1>../ftpPass1>..folder1>../folder1>..passive1>1../passive1>..fixFile1>../fixFile1>../toFtp>..toSD>..enable>1../enable>../toSD>../recordTo>..schedule>..enable>1../enable>..profileName>Normal_Recording../profileName>..item01>0,00,00,0,00,00../item01>..item02>0,00,00,0,00,00../item02>..item03>0,00,00,0,00,00../item03>..item04>0,00,00,0,00,00../item04>..item05>0,00,00,0,00,00../item05>..item06>0,00,00,0,00,00../item06>..item07>0,00,00,0,00,00../item07>..itemSize>0../itemSize>../schedule>..triggerBy>..byMotion>0../byMotion>..byIn1>0../byIn1>..byPIR>0../byPIR>..bySound>0../bySound>../triggerBy>../record>../config>
 10:15:01 AM: debug Camera has moved.
 10:15:01 AM: debug Body: ..?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>..config>..result>..code>ok../code>../result>../config>
 10:15:01 AM: debug Parsing index:17, mac:************, ip:C0A80AC5, port:0050, requestId:******************************, headers:*******************E9LDQpEYXRlOiBUdWUsIDI3IERlYyAyMDE2IDE1OjE1OjAxIEdNVA0KQ29ubmVjdGlvbjogY2xvc2UNCkNvbnRlbnQtdHlwZTogYXBwbGljYXRpb24veG1sDQpQcmFnbWE6IG5vLWNhY2hlDQ*****************************==, body:PD94bWwgdmVyc2lvbj0iMS4wIiBlbmNvZGluZz0iVVRGLTgiPz48Y29uZmlnPjxyZXN1bHQ+PGNvZGU+b2s8L2NvZGU+PC9yZXN1bHQ+PC9jb25maWc+
 10:15:00 AM: debug GET /cgi/admin/recorder.cgi?recordEnable=1&continuous=1 HTTP/1.1 
HOST: 192.168.10.197:80 
Authorization: Basic *********************= 

10:15:00 AM: debug path is: /cgi/admin/recorder.cgi?recordEnable=1&continuous=1
 10:15:00 AM: debug The Header is [HOST:192.168.10.197:80, Authorization:Basic QWRtaW46MzAxMTI2cGs=]
 10:15:00 AM: debug The device id configured is: c0a80ac5:0050
 10:15:00 AM: debug 0050
 10:15:00 AM: debug IP address entered is 192.168.10.197 and the converted hex code is c0a80ac5
 10:15:00 AM: debug Video Recording On
 10:15:00 AM: debug GET /cgi/ptdc.cgi?command=goto_preset_position&index=8 HTTP/1.1 
HOST: 192.168.10.197:80 
Authorization: Basic *********************** 

10:15:00 AM: debug The Header is [HOST:192.168.10.197:80, Authorization:Basic **********************
 10:15:00 AM: debug path is: /cgi/ptdc.cgi?command=goto_preset_position&index=8
 10:15:00 AM: debug The device id configured is: c0a80ac5:0050
 10:15:00 AM: debug 0050
 10:15:00 AM: debug IP address entered is 192.168.10.197 and the converted hex code is c0a80ac5
 10:15:00 AM: debug Moving to Preset position: 9
 10:15:00 AM: debug Sensor checked in 15.362 seconds ago
10:15:00 AM: debug PUBLISHED on()

You can only have one device assigned to a specific device using hubAction. The hub creates a DNI ‘lease’ so while you might call the function in one device, the original one will catch the parse.

Video recording it tricky because you need to set it up in your events settings for the camera. You need to add an event to record to the SD card when switched ‘on’.

Maybe im an idiot who is missing something…

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to setup the event whereby it would be triggered by the st vidOn command. under events, I see no triggers that would allow st to enable it. any advice is much appreciated.

I looked thru this forum and saw your other recommendations for events… I do have a ‘recording’ event setup that always records when on, however st is not able to enable it… is there a specific name the event should be?, or is there something else that i am missing.

I can assure you that DNI is unique and the problem appeared when only one device was assigned.
Also when I made my own device handler I used a MAC as a DNI. So I think there is no concurrence in parse method.

OK finally figured out the vidon was my stupidity for not having the always button on. I can trigger local recording with vidon() but cannot stop local recording with vidoff(). I can enable and disable fine from button manually. Just can’t get vidoff() working. This is weird…

Vidoff won’t work but I figured out that I can stop it with disable local recording… Thanks for your help enjoy ur vacay

This may be a dumb question, but how to I see the video feed in the SmartThings App? Do you have to add it as a thing after completing installation through the D-Link Camera Manager connect app?

I have completed all of the steps and verified the video IP address via web browser

Hello - Having some issues with the app on Windows 10 mobile (950XL), trying to add a DCS-5030L camera. Under the D-Link Camera Manager (Connect), the Camera is there, but it never saves all the settings (IPs, Logon info, and Ports). is it suppose to save the settings? IE - Go back into Connect App > TestCam1 > Only Camera Name, Camera Model, and Hub are populated.

However, I was able to successfully add the 5030L and it shows up as a Thing. Clicking on it open app without issue, but any action tried (Take pic, move, video, etc.) all error with “An unexpected error occurred”.

When viewing the Live logs, I receive: “java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method tokenize() on null object @ line 489”

Line 489 for DCS-5030L is: String hex = ipAddress.tokenize( ‘.’ ).collect { String.format( ‘%02x’, it.toInteger() ) }.join()

private String convertIPtoHex(ipAddress) {
String hex = ipAddress.tokenize( '.' ).collect { String.format( '%02x', it.toInteger() ) }.join()
//log.debug "IP address entered is $ipAddress and the converted hex code is $hex"
return hex

So, this appears to me that the Connect portion is not holding onto the information submitted, and this is where the Device goes to get it? Or am I off base here?

If does work as I think above - I had initial issues with information clearing itself. For example, when launched, it puts the focus in the ‘password’ field. Fill that out, then go change the name, it wipes those fields out. I found that you need to do Name, then Camera Model, then Hub prior to filling out any of the free form text fields - or it wipes them out.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve got a bit more details about my issue.

It looks like my camera goes into some kind of “sleep mode” in 5-10 minutes and doesn’t response to hubAction and works only in browser.
The real host of camera is 192.168.1.9, but if I do request to nonexistent host (for example 192.168.1.88) camera wakes up and response to my hubActions.

Does anyone know why it happens? Is it network issue or hub or camera settings?

I haven’t ever heard of this issue, it sounds like there might be a camera setting that is screwing up the integration.

Watch the live log in the IDE while setting up the camera. Check to see if it throws any errors when you hit ‘save’. It sounds like the global variables are encountering an error when you update the device.

The “disable local recording” command in CoRE is calling the VidOff function. I worked with the CoRE developer to add support for all of the custom commands within CoRE.

Thanks for the reply. That’s odd cause I can call vidoff directly from core and that won’t work however disable local video recording works. Calling vidon directly works but enable local video recording doesn’t… .

Check the live log when running the two different commands in CoRE and see what is different. Not sure why it would work for one but not the other…

Hello Ben!

Would it be possible to add D-Link Camera models DCS-910 and DCS-920, It seems that DCS-930L doesn’t work with these previous models. I realize the 910 and 920 date back to 2008-2009, but they still work and was hoping I would be able to integrate them into my ST ecosystem.

UPDATE: Tried everything I know (which is limited in this realm). No matter what settings I put in, I get either “Active” or “Connecting” in the upper right and always get “Camera cannot be found. We are trying to connect.” in the center. Seems @PcPopcorn is having the same difficulty.

Some settings I have tried have been…
Adding and removing "http://"
Changing ports, yes they’re port forwarded
Used my local IP camera addresses with correct ports
Used my port forward address with assigned port

Could it be that the 10.0.0.0xx address configuration isn’t compatible?

Each of my camera(s) can be viewed in my browser (Safari) and in an IOS app called “CamTV”, so I know they work.

Many thanks!

Hello Ben
Need Help and I am sure I am missing something here I read through the posts and did not see the answer so I apologize for being such a Rook.
Mobile Version 2.2.2(1355)
Iphone 7
IOS10.2
DLink 930L and 932L
The app seems to be installed But I do not get an image just a Black Screen with a Play Arrow

I am on a Mac and have these settings