[OBSOLETE] D-Link Camera Manager (Connect) [Requires Classic App]

So I finally download the code/device handler (?) for my 5222 and 2330. It’s nice to be able to remotely view cameras again! Thanks to everyone who worked so hard on the code, most appreciated.

Question, can the app, or other way, turn on the motion detection when say all presence sensors leave the house, and off when people arrive?

Does these settings for Port Forwarding look right? I am on a FIOS ActionTec Router
DCS-934L192.168.X.XX
RTSP
UDP Any -> 554
UDP Any -> 7070
TCP Any -> 554
TCP Any -> 7070 All Broadband Devices Active

Sorry if this has previously been asked:

I have set up my cameras using Camera Manager.

I can now view the cameras in ST.

My question concerns SHM - I have set the cameras up to record intrusion is detected in SHM.

I keep getting the message that the cameras are unavailable when SHM detects intrusion however.

These cameras were set up using Camera Manager.

Should SHM be able to record video if the cameras were set up using Camera Manager?

TIA

This is the expected behavior. SmartThings doesnt allow third party integrations to work with their video core.

Can you add support for the D-Link DCS-8200LH?

This is D-Links first camera with IFTTT.com support, so could be used as a motion events from the camera could be reported back to SmartThings.

You can use CoRE or even smart lighting to turn ‘on’ or ‘off’ the camera based on mode or presence. This will turn on and off motion detection.

Try using it with some of the existing devices (maybe the DCS-942L or the DCS-2132L) and let me know if it works.

Thank for the reply. I’ll have at look at using smart lighting to turn the camera motion detection on or off. Have not got into CoRE yet, but see that will be the next item on my list.

Hi checking to see if a D-Link DCS-5020L would be supported. I’ve tried the other camera model options without success so far. Thanks!

Hi @blebson, I think I will get a DCS-936L and a DCS-2530L while they are on sale, and will return within 14 days if I cant get them working. Would you be able to work with me to get these working? I will help in any way I can.

The DCS-5020L is supported, it is listed under ptz cameras.

I might be able to but am on vacation for the next week.

Thanks & apologies I am new to the ST world & didn’t realize your app was
not already available in the marketplace section of the app. I will need to
study up on how to make use of your app. Any links would be most welcome.
Many thanks for creating this!

Can you turn motion detection off and on within the ST interface?

Nothing seems to happen when I click on any of the toggle switches (such as “REC pir off”) button, the button just switches to “toggle” when I click on it.

I can see video within ST…

Thanks

FYI - this is the 5222L

This means the camera IP and camera port is not set up properly. Can you post what your settings look like?

Sorry - Setup issue on my end. It’s working awesome now.

Small donation incoming to show appreciation for a great app.

Thanks again.

Love your work. Any clue as to why my cam (5222L) will not pan to custom presets. It pans to home and 1-3 fine either manually or using CoRe. But if I try any custom presets past 3 it won’t pan… Any suggestions? (Pans fine to all presets thru browser or dlink app). And I can not for the life of me get it to record to local SD… Is there a switch for triggering recording or is it all based on motion. Does the local recording just turn it on and off but not start the recording?

My hub is v2
S7 edge Android
Cam is dcs-5222l revb fw 2.14
Typical settings, local IP only
D-Link app works fine for all presets.
Pan to Presets 1-3 and home work fine
Pan to custom presets beyond 3 does not work
Can pan manually (didn’t try with CoRE)
Can not make CoRE record on command or pan to say preset 11.

Currently there is only support for three presets. In order to change the three presets you would need to edit your settings.

So the custom preset command does not work? And how about recording?

If youre using the custom command then it should work. Can you post your live log from when you send the custom command?

For the video recording are you using the ‘vidOn’ and ‘vidOff’ commands? Does the recording work when using the button in the DTH.