[OBSOLETE] D-Link Camera Manager (Connect) [Requires Classic App]

Thanks Ben! Could you point me in a direction possibly where I can find out how to do this?

“create a virtual switch that uses the custom pirOn() and pirOff() commands to control the functionality”

Let me try to throw something together…

i can see the photos in the app, i was testing it so its taken 100 plus photos,how i can delete them?

They will eventually delete themselves. Unfortunately we cannot manually delete the pictures from the cloud.

This looks great.
I bought 2 cameras and will be getting them hooked up this week. Both are on the compatible list (DCS-5020 and DCS-932)

You’ll have to create a virtual switch either manually or by using a community SmartApp like the Virtual Device Manager and then you can try out my new SmartApp:

1 Like

Amazing! Donation will be forthcoming! All you developers do such an amazing job turning these devices into something that becomes sooo useful. All this time I have been manually switching my cameras PIR on/off…Now I don’t have to. Thanks Ben! You rock.

2 Likes

Just as an FYI, my old Panasonic failed with video when I hacked up the parent & child apps to use a PANCAM device where I just update the URL’s to working ones for image & video. I even logged out the full HTTP URL used for the stream and copying that to Chrome/FF works like a charm. Seems as those old Panasonic cameras are fairly flaky with the ST device. Have inconsistent issues with the image-only driver too where S3 integration works when it feels like it :slight_smile:

There are a bunch of ‘tricks’ to making the video work in ST… let me know if you’re still having issues and I can maybe take a look.

Yep, sadly still got the same issue with the Panasonic and the mjpeg stream to ST. Here’s what the log looks like and as I mentioned pasting that URL to Crome or FF easily streams the device. I’m also pasting Fiddler differences via my Chrome session with Panasonic then D-Link 932L. Thanks for offering the help!!!

4:23:56 PM: trace INHOMEURL—http://user:pwd@192.168.0.253:80/nphMotionJpeg?Resolution=320x240
4:23:56 PM: trace start()

PANASONIC REQUEST:
GET http://192.168.0.253/nphMotionJpeg?Resolution=320x240 HTTP/1.1
Host: 192.168.0.253
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:46.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/46.0
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,/;q=0.8
Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Authorization: Basic NOBODYSBUS==
DNT: 1
Connection: keep-alive

PANASONIC RESPONSE:
HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Content-type: multipart/x-mixed-replace; boundary=–myboundary

D-LINK REQUEST:
GET http://192.168.0.150/mjpeg.cgi?channel=1.mjpeg HTTP/1.1
Host: 192.168.0.150
Connection: keep-alive
Authorization: Basic NOBODYSBUS==
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,/;q=0.8
Upgrade-Insecure-Requests: 1
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/49.0.2623.112 Safari/537.36
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, sdch
Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.8

D-LINK RESPONSE:
HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Server: alphapd
Date: Thu May 5 16:29:01 2016
Pragma: no-cache
Cache-Control: no-cache
Content-Type: multipart/x-mixed-replace;boundary=–video boundary–

I guess the first place to start is to try out the Generic Video Camera SmartApp and try to find a stream that works in that app. Generally anything that can stream in VLC will stream in the SmartThings app, so that’s a good place to try as well. Let me know if you can get a stream working in either of those and we can go from there.

Yep that URL that I provided above does indeed work like a charm in VLC. I’ve also used the Generic driver for a long time before altering it (mostly with your D-Link PTZ controls) to be Panasonic specific in this driver that I released. The image aspect has always worked—very flaky but works. It also pulls up in your new app/drivers — it’s just the video that suffers.

The one I linked above is actually an updated video version of the Generic camera DTH. Try that one out and see if your stream works in that.

Oh wow, sorry, giving it a shot :slight_smile: will let you know

Same story… I output both variables and they’re correct. Unfortunately, not working through ST only, while VLC and any browser does. All testing on the WiFi of course just to rule out the WAN aspect.

7:21:13 PM: debug OUTHOMEURL—http://user:pwd@192.168.0.253:80/nphMotionJpeg?Resolution=320x240
7:21:13 PM: debug INHOMEURL—http://user:pwd@192.168.0.253:80/nphMotionJpeg?Resolution=320x240

Hi! This looks great! Very frustrated with how they have crippled the Samsung SmartCam, which I of course bought figuring that it would be most compatible with the hub given Samsung bought ST etc etc. Anyway, two semi-newbie questions:

A) by opening a port on the router for external viewing, what’s the security risk? Can anyone sniffing around hop right on, or would they bump up against the camera password (thus it would mainly be a risk only with a weak password)?

B) by running a dlink on your app, can the rest of SmartThings use the camera?So, can the camera be triggered by its own and/or other motion and open/close detectors, be set on and off by mode or security status changes, etc?

Basically I want to jump ship now that it’s clear they will never support local recording on the SmartCam so that you have to pay their subscription forever and have your video stored elsewhere. Totally defeats the idea of a DIY security solution. Have teethed on a few other GitHub smart apps, so should be able to install without too much wailing and gnashing of teeth…

Looking at the 2630L, which looks like is supported, are people out there happy with it?

Thanks!

Dave

The only Panasonic Camera I’ve seen that has worked had an RTSP feed, do you know if yours supports one?

It opens that connection directly to your camera which can certainly be a security risk. A password will keep people out but it’s only as good as your password. It all depends on how acceptable the risk is to you.

It does open the camera up to be better leveraged by SmartThings. You can check out the ‘Supported SmartApps’ section for three different SmartApps i’ve put together to leverage this ability.

I am experiencing the same issue as celblazer but on a 932L(A). Have successfully set up a 942L(B) and 5222L(B), no issues with them.

I am on the latest handler for the 932 (v1.0.7), Night Vision toggle and Motion Detection show active in live logging. [Take] pressing never completes and live view immediately says Camera unavailable.

As long as you’re using the same settings as the other cameras it should work fine. Could you post your settings here?

OK, I’m obviously missing something. I picked up the 2630 today. Went through the whole GitHub thing. Got it on my Smart things app. Went through the camera set up process. But then it just kind of ends there. Doesn’t say it didn’t work, but doesn’t say it did. Doesn’t show up as a “thing” under “my home”. Don’t see where to get the fancy looking view in the top post with the camera view and all those settings. Didn’t port forward the video port yet, is that a must before it works? I figured it wouldn’t be if I was on my home network, but not true?