[OBSOLETE] D-Link Camera Manager (Connect) [Requires Classic App]

Gary, can you see any smartapps you have installed?

Have you installed any others?

I can see ones I have done before. But I just tried setting up one from a template and that doesn’t appear either…I think it could be a bigger issue unfortunately.

I was just given the suggestion to have you log out of your SmartThings app on your phone and log back in. See if that fixes it.

Just tried and didnt make a difference

I would open a support ticket. Add slagle@smartthings.com to the cc: line as well for some visibility :wink:

Just have a look at this…

Thanks - but I’m not even seeing them there…

@slagle @jody.albritton @Tyler - Any advice?

I’ll try them…Thanks to you and @SteMac for the help.

I will try this later tonight, very cool and I’m ecstatic about your progress with video!

Question: any reason why DCS-5010L is not on the supported list? That’s what I have and will let you know if the 5020L driver works for my 5010L camera ---- which it did with your older driver for 5020L that I’ve been using for a long time with my 5010L. FYI, those were blown out at Groupon for $70 like 2 years ago, so there are lots of 5010L’s out there. I’ll keep you posted on how it works out for me.

Thanks!

Let me know if the DCS-5020L DTH works and I’ll add it to the app! Thanks!

I just updated the D-Link Camera connect and my camera connects for a second then drops out. If it does load it loads once then doesn’t load again. I have the DCS 934L

If it loads even once then it is a network issue on your end, not much I can do.

When I went to repo and checked the update it said updated, but it didn’t save it. I had to exit IDE and then click save and publish now it works. I think there might be a problem with the repo server. I had my neighbor complain about the same problem. Could also be a quirk in the new IOS update that came exactly at the same time I was doing the repo update. All is good now.

Tried my 5010L using your 5020L driver but no luck. It does update the Motion button as expected but neither photo or video works.

On my 932L the photo works and processes via S3 as expected (gotta look at why yours seems to succeed like 100% of the time while I’ve had constant issues with S3 on my own devices). However, the video says camera unavailable. Am I required to use an external IP or internal should work? Obviously using the same IP for photo & video when setting up the device and can try external if that’s the requirement.

Thanks!

Internal IP with port 80 should work. If you use your external IP you need to port forward port 80 on your router.

Strange, I’m 100% accurate on settings but still no video… and this is on two cameras. On 5010L (using 5020L driver), my motion setting can easily be changed and fully respected. On the 932L it even takes a pic for me to let me know that settings are right. Let me know if you got any ideas… feeling dumb at the moment :slight_smile:

I also see you incorporated my device ID random hack :slight_smile: nice to see I had the tiniest of contributions to your project.

EDIT: when using this form of the URL from your code, both cameras feed an MJPEG stream to Firefox or Chrome when accessing via LAN:
http://${state.cameraUser}:${state.cameraPassword}@${state.videoIP}:${state.videoPort}/mjpeg.cgi?channel=1.mjpeg

EDIT2: both cameras are able to take picture as flaky as the S3 integration is. Sometimes works sometimes doesn’t :slight_smile: but moral of the story is the settings seem right, video though fails.

Can you post a screenshot of your settings? It sounds like something is not quite right…

Based on your comment, I finally got to see the new “guided setup” which is the same wizard that pops during the installation of the device. It had port 554 for some reason which I left defaulted during the install I guess… anyway, changed to port 80 still no go. Will play with it a bit more by removing/re-adding and I’ll let you know. Thanks again! Very impressive stuff…

I take it all back, it was port 80 vs. 554 that was the default for some reason (may want to change that). The key was to get out of the device and come back in or just exit out of ST app after making the config changes. Then next time I came in, both cameras worked just like expected. Friggin awesome work! Did the impossible :slight_smile:

BTW, you can easily add the 5010L to your supported list using the 5020L driver code. Confirmed as working!

Awesome, thanks! The reason it defaults to 554 for the video port is that all the newer cameras that support RTSP use that port instead. All of the cameras use the same set-up form so it causes confusion… I’m thinking of removing the default all together…