[RELEASE] Custom Wemo (Connect)

Could this app work with the Holmes humidifier with wemo too? There’s another app for that as well, but not actively developed anymore.

This app just can handle the light switch , motion, and contact (normal and insight) , I have not other wemo devices to add their functionality.

This has worked a treat, the only issue I had was, to get the Wemo Insight to work with CORE to monitor current draw, I had to add capability “Power Meter” to the device handler.

You have a DH for the insight??? I have been trying to get the current draw feature for this device for sometime now but had no luck.

@ule
I was wondering if you could maybe add the capability “power meter” to this device handler? @bigfoot1970 added it himself, but I can’t seem to figure it out, thanks…

Currently, the device handler have power, Insight Switch

1 Like

Hi, I can see the power draw through device handler.
But if I example want to setup a rule with webcore it doesnt have the power meter capability there, and thats what I wondering if you could add.
These are the capability from device handler:
capability "Actuator"
capability "Switch"
capability "Polling"
capability "Refresh"
capability "Sensor

No power meter, and I dont know howto add it , would appreciate it.

capability "Power Meter"
Maybe. Don’t use this capability myself.

Yes it is, but it seems to need more editing cause it didnt work simply by adding that line.

finally got it working

had to save it to my smartthings app list first (by checking skip firmware and saving it) before it actually detected anything

1 Like

@bigfoot1970, How did you do this? Care to share?

@ule, Are you able to add this functionality to the device handler for the Insight?

Literally I replaced capability sensor with capability"power meter" in the the metadata

metadata {
definition (name: “WeMo Insight Switch”, namespace: “mujica”, author: “SmartThings”) {
capability "Actuator"
capability "Switch"
capability "Polling"
capability "Refresh"
capability “Power Meter”

2 Likes

Thanks for that @bigfoot1970. Don’t suppose you using this with webCoRE and have a piston you could share using this?

Im having trouble getting my wemo switch to connect to ST. I have tried both the in built DH with no success and the Ule’s advanced connect app/dh. It works fine in the WeMo iOS App, it works with alexa. Just no ST.

Any ideas?

fdb6573d-36b9-41f8-b8bd-5527c3419d51 5:55:57 PM: trace discoverAllWemoTypes
fdb6573d-36b9-41f8-b8bd-5527c3419d51 5:55:29 PM: trace discoverAllWemoTypes
fdb6573d-36b9-41f8-b8bd-5527c3419d51 5:55:02 PM: trace discoverAllWemoTypes
fdb6573d-36b9-41f8-b8bd-5527c3419d51 5:55:00 PM: trace discoverAllWemoTypes
fdb6573d-36b9-41f8-b8bd-5527c3419d51 5:55:00 PM: debug getChildDevices(true), children=0

Thanks for sharing, I ended up getting it working.

I was having constant disconnect issue with 2 of my Wemo light switches (for some strange reason my 3rd wemo light switch never disconnects) and was getting frustrated. I did some search and found this thread.

So I installed your smartapp (wemo connect (advanced)) and and device handler (wemo light switch). I was able to discover both switches. I will test next few days to see if the disconnect issue has been resolved.

I also have a wemo switch (not the insight but the older and bigger model) and installed the device handler (wemo switch). But I can’t discover the switch.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks.

Hmm…it’s only been about 30 minutes and one of the Wemo light switch is already offline.

Any setting in the Wemo connect (advanced) app that I need to tweak?

One of two wemo light switch is not connecting even if I remove and re-add.

you cant install 2 times the same device, if you have the device installed in other connect app, you cant install it again in another connect app.

The most common problem is the ip change, I suggest you

1.- Read the first post.
2.- use a fixed ip address by each wemo device. this is done in your router
3.- Use the watchdog settings to avoid timers breaks.
4.- Use just 1 connect smartapp to add your devices.