[RELEASE] Custom Wemo (Connect)

Many thanks @ule, would that help ST “discover” a wemo switch that it currently can’t see?

Yustos

Hi @Yustos, Yes, it can help, but your device must to be ready in your network, if the device can be found by the wemo app (belkin app) then SmartThings discovery process must to find it

Thanks Again, one last question: I’ll watch this 1.5 hour video to learn, but do you also have step by step written instructions for beginners on how to install that app ?

Yustos

Installing The Wemo Connect

Open SmartThings IDE in your web browser and log into your account.

Click on the “My Smart Apps” section in the navigation bar.

On your SmartApps page, click on the “+ New SmartApp” button on the right.

On the “New SmartApp” page, Select the Tab “From Code” , Copy the Wemo_Connect source code from GitHub and paste it into the IDE editor window.

Click the blue “Create” button at the bottom of the page. An IDE editor window containing device handler template should now open.

Click the blue “Save” button above the editor window.

Click the “Publish” button next to it and select “For Me”. You have now self-published your SmartApp.

Installing The Device Handlers

Open SmartThings IDE in your web browser and log into your account.

Click on the “My Device Handlers” section in the navigation bar.

On your Device Types page, click on the “+ New Device Type” button on the right.

On the “New Device Handler” page, Select the Tab “From Code” , Copy the Wemo Switch source code from GitHub and paste it into the IDE editor window.

Click the blue “Create” button at the bottom of the page. An IDE editor window containing device handler template should now open.

Click the blue “Save” button above the editor window.

Click the “Publish” button next to it and select “For Me”. You have now self-published your Device Handler

Repeat the .Installing The Device Handlers steps to install all the wemo device handlers

Many thanks! Now when I finish, is this a whole new different wemo smart app, or will it work behind the scenes with the existing wemo connect app that currently sees my wemo switched?

Yustos :slightly_smiling:

Hi @Yustos, you must uninstall all the wemos installed with other connects. if you try to install a wemo who was installed before you going to have an error.

Thanks, so I uninstall all the wemo devises, AND the Wemo smart app ? Or just the devises?
Is this a different wemo connect app or the same one but enhanced?

Hello again, so I installed your app, it discovered some Wemo switches, but even after it discovered them, they don’t show up under “things”. Any idea of what I maybe doing wrong?

Thanks,

Yustos

Ok… Lets start from scratch… D**elete ANYTHING that is Wemo related. Your devices, device types, apps, etc…**. Now…
In the IDE
Create each Wemo device types using the code provided by Ule
Create the Smartapp using code provide by ule.

Within your mobile app, Install the Smartapp you just created above. Run. discover and enjoy :slightly_smiling:

Ule - Getting the following error for each of my devices.

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script14568381139911352044106.locationHandler() is applicable for argument types: (physicalgraph.app.EventWrapper) values: [physicalgraph.app.EventWrapper@60f43397]
Possible solutions: locationHandlerWemo(java.lang.Object)

These errors occur fro each device once every 1-2 minutes

Hi @cdikland, Sorry I mod the Connect when I try to avoid some ST bugs, I changed the locationHandler to locationHandlerWemo, please just open the wemo connect and save (pressing done) to clear all subscriptions.

1 Like

Terribly sorry to ask…

How exactly do I remove the existing wemo connect app? I have no wemo things registered (my current problem)

I don’t see how to do it from API, and not clear how to do it from phone…

If you cant uninstall it from within your mobile app try the https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ My Locations/List Smartapp.

Yep. Did that. It shows the app, I can “Update” it. And when I open it but it just shows details about it… Not seeing any option for deleting.

On my phone, I tried going to “add things” then selected through to get to Wemo Light Switch. I don’t see a remove option until I get to “Connect Now”. But that doesn’t appear to remove the app.

At the very top of that page, on the right side, there is an option called “Edit”. Click it, scroll down to you app and click “Uninstall”

cheese and rice.

Thanks! Someone needs to go to UI school.

Any plans to make your app installable from git directly into the IDE? That way we can keep up with any updates?

My App??? :scream: When did I write this… Damn old age… Cant even remember what I did yesterday.:smiling_imp:

Oh yea, the other you… Ule…

1 Like

OK. So mine is not seeing my wemo light switches…

So, just a little background, mine were showing as offline. So I removed the devices, and the apps. And when I re-installed them they would not find my wemo devices. The native wemo app finds them just fine and they are all online and work like a champ through the native wemo app.

Right now, they are not getting detected at all…

Any advice?

Hi @Scott_Chapman,

1.- You not need to remove the ST wemo connect app, just not to have any wemo device added (because you cant have 2 devices from same hardware)
2.- Install The wemo connect advanced and all the device type trough IDE
3.- Install the wemo connect advanced from market place in ST app (ios or android)
4.- When running wemo connect advance select the option Discovery process. and wait some minutes to get your devices.
5.- After some devices have been found, select the devices that you want to install.
6.- Press done until exit the wemo connect advanced.

Note. Wemo devices are upnp, some routers block the upnp protocol, just verify your router is not blocking, try to use some iphone app like “Browse UPnP” just to check your devices can be found,

1 Like