[Release] [Closed] Google Assistant Relay V1 - Google Home Audio Notifications!

Thanks for the update! Man, I am missing this.

Didnt realize how much i like this app till its gone!

It is not sabotage but I have switched to bigtalker 2 and vlc thing as google is not reliable.

Is it broadcasting to GH or it works differently?

It requires vlc running (I have raspberry pi that runs vlc on boot) and speaker conected to it or pi can connect to gh via Bluetooth.

Just want to check to see if the relay can do this. Looking at the readme it says I can do custom commands. Can I use the command “display front door camera on the TV”? Would love to have that working. I can do that comment currently with my Arlo cameras and assistance using my home.

If you want to continue to use your GH speakers for notifications, cast-web-api is still working as that uses the cast functionality rather than the broadcast.

1 Like

I’m playing with webcast and it’s great. There is a massive lag as I have 3 ghs tho. I’have recorder custom mp3 messages and via bigtalker I play it on my ghs. Possibilities are endles that way.

Or you can send the notification from webcore with the “Speak” action. Once installed, the speakers show up as devices in ST similar to Sonos speakers.

@ghesp are you still keeping an eye on the fix Google might roll out in the future?

Yep. It’s still running here, so as soon as it starts working I’ll hear it when the door opens

Same here! Thanks!

Is there a way to make the assistant-relay show up in my devices in google home app?

No

10 char.

I noticed one of my Google home and smartthings integration works… Has the apï completely changed. Google doesn’t even understand my ifttt commands

IFTTT is still working with my Google home mini

Google broke their SDK integration. Just waiting for them to fix it

2 Likes

Do anyone know if the command function allow u to cast to a Chromecast?

The last I tried, I don’t think it can. Again, not 100% sure though.

I can’t get my thing to work. Basically the Google Home devices aren’t doing anything even when starting up this.

I’m running this on Windows 10. The PC is on the same network, and I even turned off my firewall to see if that was the problem. I did the npm run build-config command. I restarted my computer.

When pushing commands to the software, it is putting out things like this in CMD.

Assistant Relay is now setup and running for craig
Received command broadcast Assistant Relay is now setup and running for craig
No user specified, using craig
Received command broadcast test
Received command “What time is it?”
User specified was craig
Google Assistant: The time is 3:14 AM.
Received command broadcast The time is 3:14 AM.

So it seems the input to the program is right, and it’s able to hook up to Google. But I can’t get it to interact with my Google Home devices.

Any help would be welcomed. I’ve been trying to figure this out for a good 4 hours now.