[Release] [Closed] Google Assistant Relay V1 - Google Home Audio Notifications!

My relay suddenly stopped working. It has been working great for months I made no changes. I am on the latest build and it just will not work. It starts without error but does not work. Did google change something??

Mine still works. What platform are you running the relay on? Did you try rebooting? What commands are not working?

Rebooted multiple times. I am on rasb PI. Normally when I reboot it broadcast that the service is up and running. Now nothing.

What does it say in the console? Have you tried starting it manually? Are you able to cast to your google home’s?

Did you change anything else? Anything at all. Even if you think it might not be related. Something had to change for it to no longer work.

If I curl -X POST http://192.168.86.185:3000/customBroadcast?bla bla It says “Empty reply from server” Yes I can cast and broadcast via the home minis. Nope nothing at all no changes.

Well, your problem #1 is your URL. It should be:
curl -X POST http://192.168.86.185:3000/customBroadcast?text=bla
Well, it’s not a problem with relay, I just did a broadcast to mine. Have you tried starting index.js manually in pi via ssh?

LOL I was just be lazy when replying to your post I am using the correct syntax. I have 2 micro SD cards that are identical with the same image on them. I keep one in a firebox for a backup just pulled it out with the same results. Has to be google I will just wait and see. index.js is running google is just ignoring it.

Its not. I just ran a broadcast to check. Maybe it’s your network? If the relay can’t see the GH’s then it won’t broadcast. Did you reboot your GH’s?
You still haven’t posted what is happening with the relay in the console. Please post that.

This is what I get. Everything else checks out webcore is working except not broadcasting. I can broadcast from my minis and phone. I can cast from my phone. I have rebooted and restarted everything.

First you have to stop the relay that is starting automatically. Then you can start it manually. Disable whatever auto-booting function you are using, reboot. Then start the relay manually, then send the broadcast and post the output of that.

Uggg I have no clue how I got it to start automatically, I tried many methods weeks back and it finally worked. I think it was npm install forever -g. Is there a way to stop it? I tried in task manager with no success.

That would only start it that one time. You most likely did an init.d script if you followed my instructions but its actually easier than that.

SSH into your pi
type command su and enter your unix password to go to root.
cd to your assistant-relay folder
forever stop index.js

then “exit
now CD to your assistant-relay folder
you should be able to run
node index.js

Then initiate a command to relay from somewhere, doesn’t matter where…and the copy the output of that to here. If you are SSHing from your PC with putty, all you have to do is highlight it and it will be copied to your clipboard also.

The above will not stop it from auto-restarting the next time you reboot That would only happen if you backed out your init.d script. and then updated defaults.

Damn it…now I think I’ve done something to my setup trying to help you!!! Cause mine isn’t working now either and it was about an hour ago.

Forgot my dumb password :weary: giving up for tonight. Thank you so much for your help.

Yes mine just was working fine and then stopped as well.

I’ve posted an issue to Greg on github also. I’ve tried to do some searching but the only update to the Assistant SDK was 5 days ago. I dunno…this stuff is really getting frustrating because I just bought 2 more google home speakers because of this and now it’s not working!!! OMG…I give up.

Yeah I’m in all the way to it’s very frustrating. I think it’s definitely on Google side though.

Yeah, I think so. Because the console shows that it’s issuing the commands. I tried to contact google but of course they were no help. Have to email developer support.

Yes, when I start assistant relay, it says it’s ready. I use postman and it works, I use tasker on my phone, it works. it just stop working on webCore. I use exactly the same URL value.

Mine has suddenly stopped working as well. I see the commands in the console, just nothing is getting broadcasted.