[Release] [Closed] Google Assistant Relay V1 - Google Home Audio Notifications!

https://support.google.com/googlehome/answer/7029585

And as I understand it, those can’t be triggered anywhere but from the assistant, correct?

You don’t need that. The relay contains everything required already, and they’re installed as a dependencies

So, you can run a Google routine via the web command? Not just the broadcast?

Error: Cannot find module ‘prompt’
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:547:15)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:474:25)
at Module.require (module.js:596:17)
at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
at Object. (C:\Google Assistant\assistant-relay-master\assistant-
relay-master\configbuilder.js:2:16)
at Module._compile (module.js:652:30)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:663:10)
at Module.load (module.js:565:32)
at tryModuleLoad (module.js:505:12)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:497:3)

Strange. You shouldn’t see that.

Just type npm i --save prompt and try to run it again

Looks like it’s working! Thanks for your help, I’m new to java and python etc. So the setup really only requires you to get the oauth working correct?

@Hal9000 do you find answer for this “When creating an Oauth Client ID, make sure you use the “Other” application type”?

Yup.

You need to create your own Google App and connect to the OAuth for it as theres a restriction on the number of API calls you can make.

Fine for a normal user, but if it was a hosted service, it’d burn through them easily

I have it working now. I’m putting some more “dummy-friendly” instructions together for myself for when I have to install it again, since I invariably will.

1 Like

I’m sure folks would love it if you posted them here when you’re done. Lots of dummies (myself included) around. :slight_smile:

Here’s my first stab at them. Now, I will accept any mistakes that need fixing, but if you don’t like my wording or style, then go build your own. LOL

2 Likes

I need some help here
I Have Win 10, Node v8.11.1
1 - Download a copy of this repository https://github.com/greghesp/assistant-relay Zip file
2 - Created a folder on my C drive Node/Assistant Relay
3 - Unzip the file
4 - Use npm install
So a got the screen below

Erro%20Install

I took it a step further with my installation. It took me so long to figure it out I don’t remember all the steps, all I know is I do not want to do it again. :rofl: I purchase another same size sd card and made a image of the working one. If anything corrupts for any reason I can just swap out the sd card and I am back up in seconds. :+1: Great looking setup guide.

https://pimylifeup.com/backup-raspberry-pi/

SOLUTION:
npm install --global --production windows-build-tools, is it take few time.

Now I got this

C:\Node\AssistantRelay>npm install
npm WARN assistant-relay@1.0.0 No repository field.

Is it OK?

if you didn’t get any errors along with that, then it should be good to go. you’ll know if you use command “npm run start” and you can proceed.

I had alot of issues getting it working after the newer updates. i found installing the windows build tools worked as well. (it took about 30 mins for those to install)

Alright so I believe I have it all working. Smart app created a device, my cmd gets post commands. Everything is working except… nothing actually plays out of the google home.What am I missing? I can post logs if needed. I’ve send a post command from postman and a custombroadcast from webcore and although they both show up in the logs, nothing actually plays. Volume maxed out…

The DTH and smartapp don’t actually work anymore. You have to issue a custom POST web call.

c61f95d4c1cf2018eb0d45c8c4890665b603fe47_1_690x97

Do I need to add something to CoRE to be able to post from it? Also, I tried using postman and although the command sent, still nothing played.

this is what i sent from postman:
POST http://192.168.2.xx:xxxx/customBroadcast?text=hello+world

@ghesp not having the post commands through the smartapp is really not user friendly for not developer savy users.

In fact if I would say that your assistant relay needs next is a more polished deployment and user friendly option for customization. Maybe when I’m fully recovered from eye surgery in 2/3 months I will try give it a go… I might need to learn groovy first.