[RELEASE] cast-web v1.2.1 - Chromecast Integration (EDGE Driver discussion begins in post 1668)

IS there any way to block the google chime that’s default when you cast anything? I presume not, but figured I’d ask

Anyone using this that has already migrated from the classic app to the new app? If so, is it still functioning? (I am NOT talking about whether you are just using the new app. I am specifically asking if anyone has clicked the banner to fully migrate to the new app). I understand that with the current version, we will still need to use the classic app for any setup changes. I am just wanting to see if it still works after migrating. We are getting to the point where we are about to be pushed into the new app whether or not we want to.

Also, is there an update in the works that will allow it to work in the new app natively?

Mine still works after migration. Although as you stated any configurations cannot be done in the new app

I spoke with the dev about porting cast-web to the new app, and he’s not able to do it for the reasons I mention below, incomplete docs, and a new app that is “a mess, half of the devices crash the app, are constantly loading, it still looks broken”.
There’s no update in the works for the new app because ST still haven’t provided full and complete documentation for custom capabilities yet, so all the devs are stuck waiting and frustrated, and frustrated for the users who this will negatively impact once the classic app is retired in October…
There is literally nothing the devs can do at the moment to port their creations to the new app.

@SmartThings @blake.arnold @jody.albritton

@tweason the person to ask would be the developer @vervallsweg. Developers will be able to resume work with custom capabilities tomorrow.

They’re “back”? Or finally “arrived”? Either way that’s good news :+1: I’m sure people like to develop and test code with a deadline in their head, personally I would of done it the other way around, got everything working first in the new app, tested fully, then released it, then announced cancelling the classic app, but I clearly am not very clever.
But when you go to new app, and try opening a Fibaro RGBW controller with OFFICIAL stock DTH and the app crashes, I can understand why people feel “what’s the point?”.

3 Likes

I was more looking for anyone’s personal experience as to the usability once migrated. Unfortunately, I see that the earlier comment was flagged.

I migrated and it still works.

My cell phone stays on the “processing” screen forever

Don’t suppose I can see you webcore example , struggling to get mine working

the POST should be targeted at your Assistant Relay instance (port included) mine is http://192.168.1.71:3011/cast
Then I just execute this piston from another piston when I want to start the stream.
I also have a separate piston which stops the stream by POSTing JSON to this endpoint http://192.168.1.71:3011/cast/stop and passes the device as a parameter.

1 Like

webcore 2

tried a couple of different stream urls incase it was my camera however i dont seem to get anything casting.

if i try the cast command in my browser i get the following message “Cannot GET /cast” so i presume the function is available

hmmmm, that’s a bummer… I just just tried that source url (big-buck-bunny) here and it worked fine. My only guess is that your device isn’t named exactly ‘lounge display’?
go to http://192.168.86.240:3000/castsandbox to play around it natively, get it working there and then port the values to webCore. Your device name should show in the dropdown there…

not sure how i play it navigable ? if i try castsandbox i get “Cannot GET /castsandbox”

ive tried a different cast device using audio rather than video and i still get the same.

my other “speak to text” pistons are working so seems very strange

I got the attached error screens on Raspberry pi 3B and it is stuck. I have node.js and Python 3.8 installed on it and other node.js Apps run just fine!

I’m able to install everything and get the smartApps in the new apps.

The problem is I can’ t input any host address. For some reason, I don’t see the input textbox to type in the ip address of the cast server.

It seems to be related to this code:

1 Like

Nevermind, everything works when you use the Classic SmartApps to set it up.

Hi All,

I messed about with this for a bit but I am stuck and not sure how I can proceed and I have not seen this error in the feed.

I am using the GUI on windows. All my speakers and devices are on the same subnet as my ST hub. I have used the ST classic app and I am able to input the IP address of the cast web API GUI I get Ok:200 when I test the connection and I can even see all my cast devices.

The issue I have is on the last screen as I attempt to import the speakers.

Anyone know how to fix this issue (attached screens shots)

I downloaded MP3 Music to my PC which has the nodejs in it .

can I add them to my presets?

Any help please