[RELEASE] cast-web v1.2.1 - Chromecast Device Handler & SmartApp

Any chance we can get a status to see when a speaker is listening to a voice command? Then I can code with webcore where the voice command is coming from and only broadcast to that speaker.

Android server just simply doesn’t work errors is all you get when you try to run it.

Any reason why my assistant speak command in webcore isn’t working? I just select the api device and use the speak command. I followed the full setup video with credentials, etc. Nothing is playing.

Is there a way to imitate a mobile app’s way of cast to device?

Just to get all the information there are avaible to chromecast devices, like track information and more.

I use webcore to start playing.

I install cast-web-api-cli on linux. I successfully install cast-web-device, cast-web-api, and Service manager in Smartthings classic app. I am able to discover the speaker in Cast web - service manager. However, when I try to save, I got an Error: bad state, Unable to complete page configuration. I search this thread. Someone had this problem before. But I don’t see any solution.

Any suggestion?

1 Like

If you use the presets you get some track info, but less than before, clearly there have been some back-end changes to SmartThings, and this integration needs a little updating.

HM… i cannot presets to work in the app. No response when I press the button

im having issues running the API on a Pixel4 - anyone else able to get the API working on the latest version of Android using Dory?

when I attempt to change the host/port it keeps defaulting to 127.0.0.1:3000

oddly enough if I go to the actual IP of the pi and port 3000 it says: {“castWebApi”:“v1.2.1”}

but in the smartapp if I put i 192.168.1.xx:3000 and test the api connection it says connection error http response code 404

got it working, uninstalled and reinstalled all handlers and smartapp.

I’m using the Google broadcast feature but still not able to resume a song playing on a native google home service after a broadcast (ex. “front door is open”) is made. The screenshot shows “All speakers” which are all my GH speakers grouped and the cast-web-api device. For the audio notifications (broadcasts), I use “All speakers”. Not sure how to troubleshoot further.

Maybe show the piston you’re using?

Not using a piston, just followed the instructions here: Link

If you use the cast-web-api device then it broadcasts and resumes what was playing, if you use a Google home speaker then it doesn’t resume, I was just curious which device was your trigger. Turn logging on in the smart app, and look at live logging in the IDE.

I’m using the GH speakers. When I use the cast-web-api, I get no announcements.

I am also unable to use webcore to speak with the cast-web-api. Where do I grab the logs from?

At the moment you are using the speakers and therefore casting TTS, If you select the cast-web-api device it will broadcast and resume music.

I’ve tried that, however, when I use the cast-web-api, I get no broadcasts. I’ll try again tonight with the cast-web-api and take a look at the logs.

Where are you finding the logs? I’m having the same issues.