[RELEASE] cast-web v1.2.1 - Chromecast Device Handler & SmartApp

Do you have a screenshot you can share so I can see if that will fit my needs

Sure

New:

Classic:

Note, the 2nd image of the classic app is the settings page. Obviously I haven’t done much with this speaker. But in theory, once you set these options, the customized function would be changed in the new app as well. There is not a way to set these options in the new app. You also don’t have direct access to your presets as I mentioned before.

1 Like

No. This does not make your GH into Speakers.

Should this piston work? I can get the presets to play fine, but I cant get the speech to work. I set the log to 4, but nothing shows in live logging in the ide.

10/24/2019, 2:24:40 PM +354ms
+1ms ╔Received event [Bedroom Lights].switch = on with a delay of 134ms
+138ms ║RunTime Analysis CS > 22ms > PS > 70ms > PE > 47ms > CE
+141ms ║Runtime (37296 bytes) successfully initialized in 70ms (v0.3.10f.20190822) (139ms)
+142ms ║╔Execution stage started
+148ms ║║Comparison (enum) on changes = false (0ms)
+150ms ║║Cancelling condition #2’s schedules…
+151ms ║║Condition #2 evaluated false (4ms)
+152ms ║║Cancelling condition #1’s schedules…
+152ms ║║Condition group #1 evaluated false (state changed) (6ms)
+154ms ║╚Execution stage complete. (12ms)
+155ms ╚Event processed successfully (156ms)
10/24/2019, 2:24:34 PM +264ms
+2ms ╔Received event [Bedroom Lights].switch = on with a delay of 94ms
+137ms ║RunTime Analysis CS > 20ms > PS > 69ms > PE > 48ms > CE
+139ms ║Runtime (37301 bytes) successfully initialized in 69ms (v0.3.10f.20190822) (136ms)
+140ms ║╔Execution stage started
+147ms ║║Comparison (enum) on changes = true (0ms)
+148ms ║║Cancelling condition #2’s schedules…
+149ms ║║Condition #2 evaluated true (4ms)
+150ms ║║Cancelling condition #1’s schedules…
+150ms ║║Condition group #1 evaluated true (state changed) (6ms)
+152ms ║║Cancelling statement #3’s schedules…
+1098ms ║║Executed physical command [Bedroom clock].playText([you have a call]) (940ms)
+1099ms ║║Executed [Bedroom clock].playText (942ms)
+1101ms ║╚Execution stage complete. (961ms)
+1102ms ╚Event processed successfully (1102ms)

same as LisaK;

Same issue here only the when I enter the 127.x.x.x address the smartapp says Something when wrong We can’t load your screen right now. If I enter a 192.x.x.x address the screen loads but doesn’t find anything

i can never have this DH work properly and permanently.

i recently tried to to give it another shot with the UI option and it worked at first and then it stopped working again. i do get the 127.0.0.1 address as well.

i may try to uninstall everything and see if works.

I actually got it to work last night about an hour after I wrote my comment. Not sure how. I just couldn’t wrap my head around why the api was returning a 127 octet so I uninstalled and restarted the host computer. Ran the installer as an admin and when it started it returned an address that looked like it belonged on my network. After a few minute discovery it returned my 3 cast devices and I added my speaker.

I honestly think that some PFM was involved but it is now online (for now).

1 Like

Hi, I finally got this working but I think Ive found a bug with this function.

I can send text to a speaker in Spanish set to use Google TTS it works great, however if I pass a tilde (accent) in the message string (webcore ’ speak text function) there is no output from the speaker.

If I take off the tilde it works but the word is obviously mispronounced.

Any way to fix this as I need all my announcements to be in Spanish?
Spanish relies heavily on the use of accents.

This doesnt work:

This does, but is mispronounced

Hello,

I have an Raspberry pi 4 for running the node.js and cast-web-api.

Are there an step by step how to, for setting this up?

Thanks.

/Jan

Is this thread dead?

Where can I get help for this project???

It appears to be dead. I posted a question 15 days ago and zero response. I even made a donation to this project about 9 months ago because I was getting help. As of late it’s hard to get anyone to respond. I finally got mine working with trial and error.

Thanks

Do you know where to get support Then?

I had some luck with asking for help in github

Are you using Webcore by any chance? I had the same issue, worked great most of the time and then other times, for no reason, I would get the same error and had to manually restart the GUI. In each of my pistons I set the below TASK SCHEDULING POLICY, to “Allow multiple scheduled tasks” and I have not had to restart the API yet.

If you are not running Webcore, then sorry I can’t help, but this fixed my issue.

To me it appeared that this question was posted before any troubleshooting was done. Typically these type of posts are removed by the author within a few hours so I don’t bother ¯_(ツ)_/¯.

If you’re still having an issue I’d recommend trying the webcore forum.

don´t use webcore at the moment

thanks. i will try github and webcore forums

How do you setup a preset? I have had it working great with text to voice. I have tried to get it to play an MP3 instead of voice but I don’t get any playback.

Is this what you are trying to get to work? My contact sensor 10 is a virtual switch that looks at Google calendar for work wakeup. When its open I up the volume because i’m in the shower.

Hey @Gietlt do you mind explaining how you have the virtual switch looking at Google Calendar?

Its the GCAL search. There is a search and a triger

1 Like

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.